Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JCC45

Nice server you got there WG. Be a shame if something happened to it...

15 comments in this topic

[YORHA]
Members
5,017 posts
10,004 battles

Finally having a good game.  150K damage.... 4 kills, none of my team has managed to torp me (although they were trying) and then my ship stops moving, my ping goes to -35 and BOOM... kicked and unable to get back in.

Sheesh.

[WORX]
Members
10,708 posts
18,582 battles

I dont think its a WOWS server issue if you alone were kicked out of the match...

NOW, if everyone in the match and the entire population on the server experienced that problem... Then, its a WOWS issue...

Networks are stretched to the limit.. Your ISP is not immune to it...

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
15,862 posts
12,803 battles

image.thumb.png.8f37a687921b1a77217ce740f8558cc2.png

• Cool 4
  • Funny 4

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
3 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I dont think its a WOWS server issue if you alone were kicked out of the match...

NOW, if everyone in the match and the entire population on the server experienced that problem... Then, its a WOWS issue...

Yeah for once it was on my end last night that my connection was lost because local internet provider had either a failure or maintenance.

Computer is good and upgraded my WiFi Router recently with one that is meant for gaming. And my internet plan is good. So it was the internet company this time. And have heard various places having internet issues due to the increased load from so many people at home right now.

And I am one to give credit where credit is due, so I have to say Wargaming has been doing much better ever since  August 2019 at keeping the game running much smoother than they had been for a long time prior to that. So at the moment issues have mainly been on the player side or in between instead of resulting from Wargaming.

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,552 posts
13,910 battles
23 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Finally having a good game.  150K damage.... 4 kills, none of my team has managed to torp me (although they were trying) and then my ship stops moving, my ping goes to -35 and BOOM... kicked and unable to get back in.

Sheesh.

So I just checked on our server status and there is showing no issues.

If you have another drop could you please run a WGCheck with "check network connection" enabled?

-Hapa

[USCC2]
Members
6,060 posts
21 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Sheesh.

Has happened 3 times in the last week with me. Not happened before in 3 years of playing the game.

Played other games over this time and no issues.

Only reason it didn't bother me was my freeze lasted a max of 10 secs.

[SIM]
Members
4,938 posts
8,022 battles

Another satisfied Way Out West customer, I see. :Smile-_tongue:

[GOB]
Members
2,066 posts

ISPs are under major strain right now.  We use redundant connections for my business (MSSP) but my home is a tier 1 ISP with the best stuff and when I woke up this morning I had to reset the home network. Thinking they had to make major changes overnight.  

That said we have clients all over socal and we have seen rolling issues in almost every area.  Just normal adjustment period.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
15,862 posts
12,803 battles

Are you on Comcast or Charter/Spectrum?

Because if you are... those ISPs are constantly having issues connecting with WG servers.

[NH]
Members
1,771 posts
41 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Not necessarily. depending on WG's provider they may have more than 1 edge connection so a person from the east coast may experience and issue while somebody from the west doesnt. 

[WORX]
Members
10,708 posts
18,582 battles
6 minutes ago, Ban_CV_Complainers said:

Not necessarily. depending on WG's provider they may have more than 1 edge connection so a person from the east coast may experience and issue while somebody from the west doesnt. 

In that situation, its a routing with the ISP.. Its still a ISP not a WOWS server issue...

An example of WOWS server issue..

• Server overloaded (usually happens on the PTS server).

Other then that, WOWS server issues are rare.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

if it is server all would be affected... if it is connectivity...  along your route to the server you maybe one of only a few people affected.  

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,782 posts
21,560 battles

Every so often I get a -35 ping (dropped connection) but it usually isn't the WG server fault. If I am having a lot of latency or high ping I run Pingplotter to see what is going on.

image.thumb.png.39c025db974e4748c7cb0ac7690c8f9a.png

Today is a good day but when it is bad I will have high ping on certain addresses and multiple "red lines" where packets are being dropped (lost) and that is where my problem usually lies. Almost always it is at one or more of the us.zip.zayo.com addresses where this occurs. Zayo is a bandwidth provider that doesn't seem to always provide bandwidth - reliably.

Someone else may be able to better interpret this but I've not found the ping to the WG server significantly any greater than other hops on the path

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,590 posts
15,735 battles
3 hours ago, JCC45 said:

my ship stops moving, my ping goes to -35 and BOOM... kicked

10 times out of 9 this is exactly what happens when I crash and burn. I’ve called my ISP and they admitted it was them. I’m on a older network that is in the process of being replaced by fiber optic. I was told they can’t see spending money on something that they are going to replace within a year. So they told me basically just to deal with it and said to be connected to fiber optic when it is available.

Usually however I can get back in. Just a pain getting the boot.

Members
597 posts
7,318 battles

had way wacky ping yesterday i believe or the day prior. server lag was almost 1-2 seconds for input to register. comcast.. 100mb connection. normally solid. UTAH/NA

Sign in to follow this