You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
wjgood

how to grind coal?

13 comments in this topic

[FEYER]
[FEYER]
Members
50 posts
3,723 battles

I am grinding coal to get the thunderer, and I am struggling to get much. I am opening containers and everything, but I'm not getting that much. do you have any tips on how I can get it faster?

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,564 posts

Short of buying some containers that have the chance to drop some when they are offered, there isn't really a way to get it faster.  That's the point of coal, to encourage you to play everyday.  It's not designed to be a "grindable" currency like FXP is.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,215 posts
21,436 battles
9 minutes ago, wjgood said:

I am grinding coal to get the thunderer, and I am struggling to get much. I am opening containers and everything, but I'm not getting that much. do you have any tips on how I can get it faster?

Just double checking you are using Resources for container type.  Also, there should be a port option for your clan to build up that adds a small portion.  Ranked sprint recently had coal as it's final reward.

[FEYER]
[FEYER]
Members
50 posts
3,723 battles

I have seen the "clan treasury" is there any way my buddy (who has a surplus of coal he doesn't want) can deposit some in for me to take? I have an executive officer rank in my clan so I should have the power if its possible.

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
809 posts
9,692 battles
8 minutes ago, wjgood said:

I have seen the "clan treasury" is there any way my buddy (who has a surplus of coal he doesn't want) can deposit some in for me to take? I have an executive officer rank in my clan so I should have the power if its possible.

No, unfortunately. The treasury is coal earned for the whole clan through various events. You can take coal from it, but not deposit to it. The dockyard event in patch 9.5 has around 25k coal in it so those events and ranked sprint do occur to boost your earnings. Otherwise it’s mostly selecting resource containers for the daily containers and then finishing the daily missions for an extra 200 a piece 

[FEYER]
[FEYER]
Members
50 posts
3,723 battles

Ok. Are there any specific ships/ types of ships that do better on daily missions? like a type of ship that does the directives better than most.

[A-D-F]
7,564 posts
8 minutes ago, wjgood said:

Ok. Are there any specific ships/ types of ships that do better on daily missions? like a type of ship that does the directives better than most.

What ever ship that you play best. You can't rush coal, it's kinda pointless to try.   Coal ships are a longer term goal and usually take people months to get.

Just play your games and get your containers as often as possible.  Any event that rewards with coal, do it. It will eventually start adding up.  Don't forget about your resource coupon. 

• Cool 1

[O7]
Members
1,030 posts
4,418 battles
1 hour ago, wjgood said:

Coal is not a resource that can be farmed, there is no way to gain a mass amount of coal in a short amount of time.

You can however, farm steel in clan wars and convert it to coal.

Members
3,076 posts
15,923 battles

Ship coal prices keep going up while the amount players can we continues to go down. Get the message?   Couldn't be clearer. 

[WOLFG]
Members
9,607 posts
8,595 battles
1 minute ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Ship coal prices keep going up while the amount players can we continues to go down. Get the message?   Couldn't be clearer. 

?

[F4E]
Members
283 posts
7,077 battles

If you get three containers every day...and always select “resources”...and you complete the daily missions every day, you will get there (at least 1200 from containers and another 400 from the missions)...  Since the resources containers will frequently have more than one sack of 400 coal, and sometimes all three will be coal, it adds up fairly quickly...

[A-D-F]
7,564 posts
19 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

The amount of players online right now is quite a bit higher than it usually is in the middle of the day on a work day at nearly 12K.  I assume that's related to COVID and lots of people at home but, it's the opposite of less players....by a lot.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,043 posts
13,308 battles
2 hours ago, Burnsy said:

Short of buying some containers that have the chance to drop some when they are offered, there isn't really a way to get it faster.  That's the point of coal, to encourage you to play everyday.  It's not designed to be a "grindable" currency like FXP is.

It is “grindable,” really, it’s just that there is a cap on how much you can grind in a day; it’s just not open-ended. 400 per day if he doesn’t take the resource containers, 1600 if he does. Clan bonuses can take that further, to 1760.

Then, there are the occasional double or triple coal drops from daily resource containers, and an occasional coal sack from the other container types.