Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
henrychenhenry

Thanks WG for the 3 port slots/month! Will this be ending soon?

13 comments in this topic

[NSC]
Members
2,347 posts

Ever since WG introduced Port slots into the Daily Mission Chain: Easy/Normal/Hard missions in December 2019, we have invariably seen threads of "Thanks WG!" at the beginning of each month. "Thanks WG for the free port slots!" "Thanks WG for continuing this in March!" "Thanks WG for being so kind and generous and... and... good!"

[Yes, WG is indeed kind and generous and good. Case in point, just yesterday, free premium consumables for all and a corresponding reduction in CV servicing costs!!! I can smell the generosity floating on the virtual seas!]

Well, it's my turn to thank WG now, 17 port slots later (1 still to be earned). Thanks WG for the free port slots!

Ok, now that that's taken care of, let's talk about something more interesting. "Please note: in June you'll be able to complete only the first eight Daily Missions chains with the old rules applied, acquire economic signals, and one Port slot." Wait... old rules? What are the new rules? Do they include port slots too? Because the statement certainly reads like Port slots from Daily Missions will soon be a thing of the past.

image.thumb.png.709fcaaaf1f29673624f3eed01590294.png

So: Are we no longer getting Port slots for doing Daily Missions?

Source.

P.S. The Research Bureau bonus will reset soon, if you want to take advantage of x2 per first reset per 3 months.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.f600671725753ffa6f50cd30d3338b2a.png

Edited by henrychenhenry
  • Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
24,468 posts
18,417 battles
5 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

So: Are we no longer getting Port slots for doing Daily Missions?

They're toying with the idea of giving us driblets of steel and, if you've got the research bureau unlocked, research points too. Sounds like we'll be down from three a month to one a month.

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/19 

[WOLFO]
[WOLFO]
Members
666 posts
6,409 battles

ikr, the current directive event holds no interest for me, personally. These two remaining port slots are! I am trying to get squared-away to grab them before the glory ends. :) I have 7-8 atm, it'll feel great to be that far ahead. Plenty of room in the short term at least for growth, if I desire. Less stress. GG WG for all the chances for them, I missed 2, maybe 4.

Edited by iamSamoth

[NSC]
Members
2,347 posts
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

They're toying with the idea of giving us driblets of steel and, if you've got the research bureau unlocked, research points too. Sounds like we'll be down from three a month to one a month.

Thanks for your post! I have read that Dev Blog post, which absolutely did not mention Port slots. I want to know the community's take too on the port slots too. Maybe then @Hapa_Fodder and @Mademoisail can pass up that the community would appreciate 3 port slots/month.

3 minutes ago, iamSamoth said:

ikr, the current directive event holds no interest for me, personally. These two remaining port slots are! I am trying to get squared-away to grab them before the glory ends. :) I have 7-8 atm, it'll feel great to be that far ahead. Plenty of room in the short term at least for growth, if I desire. Less stress. GG WG for all the chances for them, I missed 2, maybe 4.

Glad to hear you enjoyed those port slots! I certainly did, and I'm sure others did too.

That "Thanks WG for the free port slots!" was not sarcasm. 18 free port slots is (for me) a lot.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

The free port slots were a good move on WG's part. 

Charging for port slots always seemed entirely counter-productive, as it adds another cost every time a player wants to add another ship to their port, which can only discourage players from adding ships to their port in the first place, thus reducing income for WG in the long run at least as much as the port slots generated income.  

[CO-OP]
Members
3,412 posts
30,127 battles

@Hapa_Fodder  The note says that we can only complete the first 8 missions in the old format, but the rewards section shows them until the 9th.  It is certainly possible that the missions on the 9th might give out the same rewards, but am curious if this is a typo or something else

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,666 battles

Aloha,

Understand folks that rewards for daily missions or regular missions will always be changing. We typically don't keep the same rewards all the time.

That being said the line that shows 8 days IS a typo, follow the graphic! It is being corrected as we speak.

74805d76-945c-11ea-80be-8cdcd4b147d4.jpg

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 2

[NSC]
Members
2,347 posts
1 hour ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Aloha,

Understand folks that rewards for daily missions or regular missions will always be changing. We typically don't keep the same rewards all the time.

That being said the line that shows 8 days IS a typo, follow the graphic! It is being corrected as we speak.

Ok, thanks for the clarification/confirmation (and the port slots!).

[IROCZ]
Banned
301 posts
25,930 battles

hmmm,   looks like we have a probable date for 9.5 ?

june 10th  hmmm. . . . . 

wait that cant be right, maybe just a minor update then

Edited by panamaz28

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,307 posts
4,773 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

If that's the case, then I certainly won't complain.

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
819 posts
10,896 battles
27 minutes ago, panamaz28 said:

hmmm,   looks like we have a probable date for 9.5 ?

june 10th  hmmm. . . . . 

wait that cant be right, maybe just a minor update then

Hmmmm, means keep a keen weather eye out for what's blowing over the horizon, lest 9.5 hits and some aren't ready for it's impact.

Makes note to self to ensure ole Dm. Don gets an increase in usage.

[WOLFO]
[WOLFO]
Members
666 posts
6,409 battles

7/20(Missions), so far this month. So, hope I will get them all, and the rare flags as a kicker is not to be under-played either. Granted I sold a large number of the XP exclusive ones, the ones that buff CR are VERY appreciated!!

Copied and pasted a tighter version of that in my own discord for easy future reference, @Hapa_Fodder :) . Likely will run Amalfi on the money days, and pick up some spares for rewards I prefer.

Edited by iamSamoth

[--K--]
Supertester
1,589 posts
15,353 battles
3 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Aloha,

74805d76-945c-11ea-80be-8cdcd4b147d4.jpg

Mahalo,

-Hapa

I hope we can keep the xp/free Xp/elite xp days, I try to play on those days every time.

Sign in to follow this