You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Combat Missions in Update 0.9.4

19 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,510 posts
13,885 battles

Don't miss out on the available rewards and bonuses! You’ll find the details on how you can grab them below.

Read it on the portal

[ABIDE]
Members
30 posts
8,744 battles

LOL I finished the first Set of tasks for the Russian cruisers and got all 9 Russian containers and only 100 Russian coins. I will just get the T5 Mikoyan LOL at the end.

Edited by todorp

[TCAL]
Members
1,203 posts
12,430 battles
1 hour ago, todorp said:

LOL I finished the first Set of tasks for the Russian cruisers and got all 9 Russian containers and only 100 Russian coins. I will just get the T5 Mikoyan LOL at the end.

Apparently, you have not been playing long, your results are par for the course. :cap_look:

• Boring 1

[CRF]
Members
703 posts
7,892 battles
11 minutes ago, DarthDon49 said:

Apparently, you have not been playing long, your results are par for the course. :cap_look:

Actually seems a bit above average I think.  In the PTS, I think I was averaging around 7 tokens for the containers I received, tho I actually did get on that had 15 tokens in it.  Maybe if you get more containers, the chance s may go up of getting a container that has more tokens...

And I like your avatar - just diving back into F4 for about the 10th run thru....

[TCAL]
Members
1,203 posts
12,430 battles
22 hours ago, sonoasailor said:

Actually seems a bit above average I think.  In the PTS, I think I was averaging around 7 tokens for the containers I received, tho I actually did get on that had 15 tokens in it.  Maybe if you get more containers, the chance s may go up of getting a container that has more tokens...

And I like your avatar - just diving back into F4 for about the 10th run thru....

When I said par for the course I was referring to W.G.'s "generosity"...:Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[CRF]
Members
703 posts
7,892 battles
On 5/14/2020 at 1:14 PM, todorp said:

Be aware that WG is offering some tokens for reading the News on a regular basis - little button at teh end of the articles.  To date, there are 4 buttons, each gives one camo and 5 tokens.  Not so bad for just reading the articles...

[OGF]
Members
926 posts
31,303 battles

Seriously?  Every friggin' box only has 5 tokens?  That's about all it's been so far, and we need to collect THOUSANDS of them!  Then you want 500 Doubloons for 10 lousy tokens!  Yeah, good luck with that.  I have just two words for you and the first one would get censored, so YOU guess.  The following is a quote from one of the many posts on Facebook on this topic:

" SO OF 13 SOVIET CONTAINERS I HAVE OBTAINED SO FAR, 12 OF THEM CONTAINED 5 SOVIET TOKENS AND 1 CONTAINED 10 SOVIET TOKENS. WORLD OF WARSHIPS CLAIM SOVIET CONTAINERS DROP 5, 10, 15, 25, OR 300 SOVIET TOKENS. [edited]! WHAT A CON JOB! LOL "

You guys are destroying any kind of credibility you MIGHT have had left.

• Cool 3

[WGF]
Members
2 posts
3,850 battles

Yup the token drop rate is transparently money grubbing.

Pay us teh monies else no soviet cruisers till next patch.

Couldn't have been more blase about it WG. I was looking forward to this event but after finishing the first directive, getting all the containers and finding a total of....some 60-70 tokens I think, it's pretty clear who you're targeting these new missions towards. Unless you're a paying player most you can expect is the tier 5. That is IF you're lucky.

[KIDOB]
[KIDOB]
Members
60 posts
21,206 battles
On 5/14/2020 at 10:56 PM, DarthDon49 said:

people like you guys makes me hide stats. Then you ll say "your stats are bad, you hide them"

I just want you all stat sniffers to go sniff there, you know where.

Members
877 posts
6,656 battles
15 hours ago, diain said:

Yup the token drop rate is transparently money grubbing.

Pay us teh monies else no soviet cruisers till next patch.

Couldn't have been more blase about it WG. I was looking forward to this event but after finishing the first directive, getting all the containers and finding a total of....some 60-70 tokens I think, it's pretty clear who you're targeting these new missions towards. Unless you're a paying player most you can expect is the tier 5. That is IF you're lucky.

My response would be the same as it was during the Italian cruisers event (when similar things were happening to me at least) - I'll just grind the damned things thank you.  I'm finally up to Amalfi, but honestly I think I've gotten a lot more for grinding the line than if I'd been able to cut in line.

• Cool 1

[OGF]
Members
926 posts
31,303 battles

WG, why are you always cutting back on rewards and stuff?  What happened to the tokens we used to earn on previous events by completing the daily missions?  That used to be worth 20 tokens if we completed both daily chains.  At least that would be a little helpful when you stack the deck to give us no more than five tokens in these all-to-rare Soviet Containers.  How about adding a bunch of tokens to the daily crates as well?  At this rate, I might be able to get the camo for the Tallinn, but not the ship to put it on.  Why do you do things like that?  Why not let us earn the ships first, then the camos if there's enough time and tokens left?  You get us addicted, then you're cruel and abusive to us.  Really getting sick of this kind of crap from a company I've already sent way too much money to.

• Cool 1

Members
877 posts
6,656 battles
2 hours ago, Wingslinger said:

WG, why are you always cutting back on rewards and stuff?  What happened to the tokens we used to earn on previous events by completing the daily missions?  That used to be worth 20 tokens if we completed both daily chains.  At least that would be a little helpful when you stack the deck to give us no more than five tokens in these all-to-rare Soviet Containers.  How about adding a bunch of tokens to the daily crates as well?  At this rate, I might be able to get the camo for the Tallinn, but not the ship to put it on.  Why do you do things like that?  Why not let us earn the ships first, then the camos if there's enough time and tokens left?  You get us addicted, then you're cruel and abusive to us.  Really getting sick of this kind of crap from a company I've already sent way too much money to.

What has really bothered me the most about the Soviet containers isn't the weak token return (that's become normal this past year).  It's the fact that for the first time, containers ONLY have tokens in them unless you buy one.  (Note: I'm assuming you can get more for buying a container, but I haven't, so I have no empirical evidence one way or the other)

[TCAL]
Members
1,203 posts
12,430 battles
On 5/16/2020 at 6:35 PM, Gigia said:

people like you guys makes me hide stats. Then you ll say "your stats are bad, you hide them"

I just want you all stat sniffers to go sniff there, you know where.

I wasn't referring to your battle stats, I was talking about what you usually get from W.G. "marvelous" chests.:Smile_coin:

As for your response - SMH:Smile_facepalm:

[TCAL]
Members
1,203 posts
12,430 battles
On 5/14/2020 at 6:11 PM, sonoasailor said:

FO 4 is a little disappointing, I have played FO 3 and FO New Vegas as well, and New Vegas is by far the best (4 ways to win and 3 very good DLC's). FO 4 would have been much better with more meaningful choices in the main storyline, plus it could have been somewhere other than a Northern city, like New Orleans or Miami. (Giant, mutated gators, oh my!!)

Members
877 posts
6,656 battles

I've been rediscovering my other games (love Paradox and Creative Assembly).  They help to satisfy my need for strategic thinking games.  This tactical sandbox stuff has gotten old. (and new ships, better ways to screw the customer, and redone shaders for ancient maps aren't going to cut it anymore)  We need reasons to have battles (e.g. protecting supply lines and strategic bottlenecks).  This shoot shoot shoot paradigm needs a serious facelift.  As much as I like the idea of submarines, I would have thought WG would add MTBs, PTs, S-Boote, MAS, even those crappy Russian boats first.  Instead we're seeing ships that were nothing more than a gleam in the eye of someone having a wet dream and NOT ships that already existed and fought.

[OGF]
Members
926 posts
31,303 battles

Memorial Day, 2020.  No special missions.  No increase to the first-win bonus.  Nothing.

Remember what WoWS used to be like, a few years ago?  I do.

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
20,024 posts
14,281 battles

I found a typo:

image.thumb.png.632120e80ca29d718b575eb074c79a6b.png

In the bottom right, 8 June is a Monday (MO), but the day immediately after is labelled as TH (Thursday). Should be Tuesday (TU).

[TORP]
Members
6 posts
14,108 battles

Well I was really foolish and purchased the VIII Pyotr Bagration for $45, because WOWs stated that you could earn up to 810 Soviet Tokens playing her missions.  So far only one token-based mission (Challenge) has been available for her, and I've netted a kingly sum of 210 Soviet Tokens.  Unless I'm missing something, that purchase was a huge waste of money if you are thinking of getting extra tokens.  I'm assuming that it would be the same for those who purchased the Ochakov...