Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Finality

Soviet Token Missions from Premium Soviet Ships

28 comments in this topic

[-TKS-]
Beta Testers
56 posts
7,422 battles

Have a question, the missions you get to earn soviet tokens from these new premium soviet ships. Are they daily missions, as in you get overall less tokens the longer you wait to purchase the premium ship.

Or do you still have the chance to obtain the full amount of tokens no matter when you buy these ships.

TLDR: Are the missions obtained from these ships daily missions or missions that last throughout the entire event. 

• Cool 1

Members
3,758 posts
23,311 battles

Per the link below you will earn enough tokens to get the T5 cruiser by getting tokens from crates for completing the directives and the daily shipments.

It doesn't mention anything about tokens being given for completing the daily missions.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/soviet-cruisers-early-access/

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,425 posts

Combat Missions
Cruisers VIII Ochakov and VIII Pyotr Bagration will be available in the Armory in exchange for doubloons. While playing these ships, as well as cruiser V Mikoyan, you can complete special combat missions that will bring you between 15–30 Soviet Tokens for victories in battles, depending on the ship. More details on combat missions are available in the game client.

He means the Challenge missions.  You get a mission you can repeat 7 times for each 9.4 premium Russian cruiser.  Some of us are hoping that is 7 times a week since that's about the only way folks can get all the stuffs.

From the ship sales pages:

OCHAKOV

During Update 0.9.4, missions for additional Soviet Tokens will be available for cruiser Ochakov. You can additionally earn a total of 840 Soviet Tokens playing this ship, which is enough to obtain Tier V cruiser Mikoyan and a permanent camouflage for Tier VIII cruiser Tallinn in the Armory. You can find detailed information on the official website and in the Combat Missions section of the game client.

PYOTR BAGRATION

During Update 0.9.4, missions for additional Soviet Tokens will be available for cruiser Pyotr Bagration. You can additionally earn a total of 840 Soviet Tokens playing this ship, which is enough to obtain Tier V cruiser Mikoyan and a permanent camouflage for Tier VIII cruiser Tallinn in the Armory. You can find detailed information on the official website and in the Combat Missions section of the game client.

All 3 Ships (SOVIET SQUADRON)

During Update 0.9.4, missions for additional Soviet Tokens will be available for cruisers Ochakov, Pyotr Bagration, and Mikoyan. Completing all missions for the ships of the bundle will reward you with 2,100 Soviet Tokens, which is enough to obtain four out of the six sequentially available Soviet Cruisers bundles. One of the four bundles will provide Early Access to the new Tier VIII cruiser, Tallinn. You can find detailed information on the official website and in the Combat Missions section of the game client.

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
516 posts
5,027 battles
24 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

He means the Challenge missions.  You get a mission you can repeat 7 times for each 9.4 premium Russian cruiser.  Some of us are hoping that is 7 times a week since that's about the only way folks can get all the stuffs.

The math adds up that way as WG calls out 840 tokens. You would get that at 210 per week. However what we read and what WG means "ain't ever exactly been similar".

• Cool 2

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,736 posts
1 hour ago, Finality said:

Have a question, the missions you get to earn soviet tokens from these new premium soviet ships. Are they daily missions, as in you get overall less tokens the longer you wait to purchase the premium ship.

Or do you still have the chance to obtain the full amount of tokens no matter when you buy these ships.

TLDR: Are the missions obtained from these ships daily missions or missions that last throughout the entire event. 

They are "challenges", and appear to be repeatable several times daily per ship, paying out a small stack of tokens each time.  

Well, "small", they appear to pay out more tokens than the average soviet crate opening. 

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,425 posts

@Hapa_Fodder Can we get some clarification on how the special premium Russian cruiser missions will play out?  I got the first set of 3 challenges repeatable 7 times for having all 3 ships.  Do we get more next week or will the next set of challenges pop in today?

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
815 posts
9,703 battles

I doubt you will get that challenge more than once but it is good to clarify. That would be an awful lot of free stuff to give out if those challenges repeat

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,736 posts
12 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

I doubt you will get that challenge more than once but it is good to clarify. That would be an awful lot of free stuff to give out if those challenges repeat

If they don't repeat, then you're getting about 500 tokens total if you buy/acquire all three premium ships involved. 

E:  Exact total if they only appear once for each ship: 

• Mikoyan:  7x15 = 105
  • Ochakov:  7x30 = 210
  • Bagelnation:  7x30 = 210

Total = 525 tokens

Hopefully we get a clarification on if these are one-time or daily repeat challenges.

Edited by KilljoyCutter

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,569 posts
10 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

The stuff that the challenges give is not free.  People bought the missions with money.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,736 posts

Looks like they don't repeat.

"Three new light cruisers—flag_Russia_6ce701e1c2f2ac3909a68a0a7b23premium_1114542bcd311c388080eea3a4d54a7eVIII Pyotr Bagrationflag_Russia_6ce701e1c2f2ac3909a68a0a7b23premium_1114542bcd311c388080eea3a4d54a7eVIII Ochakov, and flag_Russia_6ce701e1c2f2ac3909a68a0a7b23premium_1114542bcd311c388080eea3a4d54a7eV Mikoyan—will help you earn even more Soviet Tokens! The first seven victories playing Pyotr Bagration and Ochakov in Operations, Random, or Co-op Battles will bring you 30 Soviet Tokens per victorious battle on each of the ships, while each of the first seven victories playing Mikoyan will provide you with 15 Soviet Tokens. Thus, within the first week after Update 0.9.4 is released, you can earn 525 additional Soviet Tokens—this is enough, for example, to exchange for 7 days of Warships Premium Account."

Which makes the math on Mikoyan less attractive, at only 105 tokens ground out by playing it seven games.

Edited by KilljoyCutter

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
815 posts
9,703 battles
40 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

The stuff that the challenges give is not free.  People bought the missions with money.

We will have to disagree here, at least for Mikoyan challenges. I got her and it was free thanks to RNGesus smiling on me with a 300 token crate from the first directive.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,569 posts
12 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

We will have to disagree here, at least for Mikoyan challenges. I got her and it was free thanks to RNGesus smiling on me with a 300 token crate from the first directive.

Correct, but you got a lucky roll of the dice.  No different than any other early unlock event, if you want a guaranteed payout, you have to buy the missions that come with the ships, enough premium crates to get enough tokens to get the ships, etc, whatever the flavor the the early unlock event is.

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
815 posts
9,703 battles
3 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Correct, but you got a lucky roll of the dice.  No different than any other early unlock event, if you want a guaranteed payout, you buy have to buy the missions that come with the ships, enough premium crates to get enough tokens to get the ships, etc, whatever the flavor the the early unlock event is.

Completely agree. The point of my original message was whether you were lucky or spent money, the likelihood that the challenges will continue is unlikely as you could pretty much unlock everything with your purchase or lucky dice roll and that’s not something WG would probably do. They will want you to buy the doubloon packs available to get the rest.  Which I don’t have a problem with, it’s just not money I’m gona spend for tech tree ships

[PMWC1]
Members
170 posts
5,363 battles

I’d like to know more details about this ASAP because it’s not clear based on the info we have been given.

If the 7 win missions don’t expire then I can play until I get the daily win bonus each day and stop to maximize the 200% XP bonus in randoms.

If they are time-gated then I’ll probably have to finish in coop to not miss the tokens.

Edited by DM31

[WOLF3]
Members
27,079 posts
23,857 battles
14 minutes ago, DM31 said:

I’d like to know more details about this ASAP because it’s not clear based on the info we have been given.

If the 7 win missions don’t expire then I can play until I get the daily win bonus each day and stop to maximize the 200% XP bonus in randoms.

If they are time-gated then I’ll probably have to finish in coop to not miss the tokens.

I'll tell you this now, I got Bagration and I did the 7 games for her to earn tokens yesterday.  It has not renewed today.

rynhCYK.jpg

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[PMWC1]
Members
170 posts
5,363 battles
Just now, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I'll tell you this now, I have Bagration and I did the 7 games for her to earn tokens.  It has not renewed today.

rynhCYK.jpg

Cool, thanks!

They must be added on certain dates then.  As long as the current ones don’t expire then I can take my time with it.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,736 posts
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I'll tell you this now, I got Bagration and I did the 7 games for her to earn tokens yesterday.  It has not renewed today.

rynhCYK.jpg

Which confirms that it's once-only.

So, the totals you can get are: 

Only good thing about that is that it would reduce the net token cost of Micky.  

Members
3,100 posts
6,691 battles
8 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Which confirms that it's once-only.

So, the totals you can get are: 

Only good thing about that is that it would reduce the net token cost of Micky.  

Seems like that's contradictory to the sales page, which says that you can earn 840 tokens for P. Bagration and Ochakov. That's something that's going to need some clarification.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,736 posts
4 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Seems like that's contradictory to the sales page, which says that you can earn 840 tokens for P. Bagration and Ochakov. That's something that's going to need some clarification.

It's possible that they reset each week, rather than daily.  

Let's see... I think I saw someone mention 2100 tokens if you get all three ships... 

525 per week, then, times 4 weeks?  That would be 2100.  

And 210 x 4 = 840 each for the Bagel and Ocho. 

(I got no sleep last night so I officially have sleep dep brain today... it's possible that this is very simple and I'm making it a complex thing.) 

Edited by KilljoyCutter

Members
3,100 posts
6,691 battles
10 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

It's possible that they reset each week, rather than daily.  

Let's see... I think I saw someone mention 2100 tokens if you get all three ships... 

525 per week, then, times 4 weeks?  That would be 2100.  

And 210 x 4 = 840 each for the Bagel and Ocho. 

(I got no sleep last night so I officially have sleep dep brain today... it's possible that this is very simple and I'm making it a complex thing.) 

Hopefully that is the case. I am trying to decide if I should gamble on P. Bagration or not, and if it resets weekly, then it's nice to have a couple days to think about it without losing the token bonus.

• Cool 1

[D-H-O]
Beta Testers
1,161 posts
10,892 battles
7 hours ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Hopefully that is the case. I am trying to decide if I should gamble on P. Bagration or not, and if it resets weekly, then it's nice to have a couple days to think about it without losing the token bonus.

This. 

I wish WG was clearer on how to obtain tokens, and clearly state if money is required to get all the token unlocks.

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
1,661 posts
8,800 battles

@Happa_fodder

Some clarification here would be nice. 

1.It looks like if you buy one of the Bundles (with the 3 premiums) you get access to the Tallin. Is this correct?

2. Does the token mission reset for the singular premiums if you buy one?

Each premium ship page states you can earn 840 tokens by playing the ship. How exactly does that break down mission wise?

[KMK]
Members
351 posts
12,403 battles

In reddit was confirmed that will be new mission each week (wednesday)

Source:

Regards

Edited by danmh

Sign in to follow this