You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kensikora

just a rant

79 comments in this topic

[HSSW]
Members
69 posts
1,529 battles

As the title says this is just my personal opinion or a rant if you want to call it that. It seems that alot of streamers i watch, i will not say who but alot of them seem to this day to do nothing but complain about the state of the game. Yes i understand there are issues, people will complain about one thing or another but the one thing that seems to be at the center of it all or can be circled back to are carriers. 

Yes i can see how people can hate CV's, they stay in the back, attack with planes and can do alot of damage in a short ammount of time BUT what ship cant. I have seem some DD obliterate a BB with torpedos, i have seen battleships delete CVs, DD, and other battle ships quicky. 

What i find is they always complain about the CV but what about the person playing they CV, i mean there is a person on youtube i check out and he is a a dam good player with cv always doing over 150k damage but that is becuase he is good with cv's.

Then there are people who suck at CV but like to play them to get used to them, how they work, strengths and weakness and how best to counter them. 

Now there are alot of people that will say *well this ship has bad AA or has no AA* well yes that is true BUT there are ways to counter that. I have also seen and read that before cv came to the game DD were consider the op ship cuase there was nothing to counter them, battleship players were complaing and what happens. CV get introduced to the game and since then it has been nothing but complaints about them being OP and unfair.

Now that enough ppl have bitched and moan looks whats coming to the game, Subs and guess what, ppl will complain about them, there op, cant counter then, there to strong, there breaking the game. You guys see a pattern here?

Something new gets introuduced, ppl complian, it gets patched, nerfed and power crept and yet ppl will still complain. I just find it funny is all and this is my little rant/opinion.

What hurts most too is some of these big name streamers that are the ones complaing the most are also insulting ppl who play it but saying one thing or another, one of the streamers i watched that did this i pointed it out to, said that anyone that plays cv or defends then and i quote *have been droped on there head multipul times, only way to explain it* now that is just down right ignorate

That is my opinion, people will agree or disagree either way.

Thank you for reading.

• Cool 3
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 12

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,768 posts
21,539 battles

The pattern is that WG is trying to fit non-surface combatant ships (CV and Sub) in a game that is tailor-made for surface combatants. I actually think the CV rework made them better and playable for me but they have to be balanced, then re-balanced, then re-re-balanced and they still don't quite work right. All that effort for something the vocal community (forums) still complain about. Sounds like wasted effort...

• Cool 12
  • Boring 1

[PISD]
Members
1,280 posts
5,274 battles

The thing is, some people liked the game for the old meta where CV was not common. Or to be more precise: some people preferred the old play style where they had a success with tactic ''X'', but it cannot work as before against CV and become frustrated with it. And it ain't only on CV: many CC likes to also throw stone at the ''Russian bias'' meme, which do bring quite a lot of views. After all, flaming on X subject is always more lucrative for a youtuber than doing a ''here's the review of the Bagration, 6/10''. People likes to see CC attack CV, Russian boats, change to the LU....

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,565 posts
35 minutes ago, Kensikora said:

CV get introduced to the game and since then it has been nothing but complaints about them being OP and unfair.

CVs were not "introduced" to the game, after the fact or something.  They were a part of the game since the beginning, before release and have always been.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[PISD]
Members
1,280 posts
5,274 battles
6 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

CVs were not "introduced" to the game, after the fact or something.  They were a part of the game since the beginning, before release and have always been.

Yet the rework changed it. Before rework you had maybe 1 game out of 10 with CV, now it is more 50% of the game have one. Also, few ships nowadays have ''no fly zone'' like before: sure CV will lose a squadron but they will be able to land a strike, even on a Minotaur. Thus, what was not a presence able to change one gameplay player needs now to have adapted to the new meta.  And when you had 60% win rate in the old meta but struggle to keep it above 50% in the new one some people get overly frustrated.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[A-D-F]
7,565 posts
10 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

Yet the rework changed it. Before rework you had maybe 1 game out of 10 with CV, now it is more 50% of the game have one. Also, few ships nowadays have ''no fly zone'' like before: sure CV will lose a squadron but they will be able to land a strike, even on a Minotaur. Thus, what was not a presence able to change one gameplay player needs now to have adapted to the new meta.  And when you had 60% win rate in the old meta but struggle to keep it above 50% in the new one some people get overly frustrated.

The point I was making is that OP talks about CVs in terms of "after they were added".  They were not added, they were always there. 

In fact, if you go back and look at the game's original launch trailer video from 2015, they were a large feature of the video and took up most of the screen time.

• Cool 1

[OIL-1]
Members
1,281 posts

I tried to do a rant a couple weeks ago.
No violations. All true. Even had humor injected into it.
Moderators deleted the thread in less than 10 minutes.
Guess there's something about reality that offends people.

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
4,931 posts
8,006 battles

Content creation is a business, viewers are customers, and so the smart business model is to parrot popular opinions in order to ingratiate oneself to the masses. Basically, most content creators don’t care to express their own opinions, they just tell angry people what they want to hear and then bask in the follows, donations, and subscriptions. 

There are a few CCs that seem to give sincere opinions on things without any spin or pandering (specifically, LittleWhiteMouse in her ship reviews), but most of the other big names are...questionable. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[TIGRB]
Members
856 posts
16,520 battles
48 minutes ago, Kensikora said:

As the title says this is just my personal opinion or a rant if you want to call it that. It seems that alot of streamers i watch, i will not say who but alot of them seem to this day to do nothing but complain about the state of the game. Yes i understand there are issues, people will complain about one thing or another but the one thing that seems to be at the center of it all or can be circled back to are carriers. 

Yes i can see how people can hate CV's, they stay in the back, attack with planes and can do alot of damage in a short ammount of time BUT what ship cant. I have seem some DD obliterate a BB with torpedos, i have seen battleships delete CVs, DD, and other battle ships quicky. 

What i find is they always complain about the CV but what about the person playing they CV, i mean there is a person on youtube i check out and he is a a dam good player with cv always doing over 150k damage but that is becuase he is good with cv's.

Then there are people who suck at CV but like to play them to get used to them, how they work, strengths and weakness and how best to counter them. 

Now there are alot of people that will say *well this ship has bad AA or has no AA* well yes that is true BUT there are ways to counter that. I have also seen and read that before cv came to the game DD were consider the op ship cuase there was nothing to counter them, battleship players were complaing and what happens. CV get introduced to the game and since then it has been nothing but complaints about them being OP and unfair.

Now that enough ppl have bitched and moan looks whats coming to the game, Subs and guess what, ppl will complain about them, there op, cant counter then, there to strong, there breaking the game. You guys see a pattern here?

Something new gets introuduced, ppl complian, it gets patched, nerfed and power crept and yet ppl will still complain. I just find it funny is all and this is my little rant/opinion.

What hurts most too is some of these big name streamers that are the ones complaing the most are also insulting ppl who play it but saying one thing or another, one of the streamers i watched that did this i pointed it out to, said that anyone that plays cv or defends then and i quote *have been droped on there head multipul times, only way to explain it* now that is just down right ignorate

That is my opinion, people will agree or disagree either way.

Thank you for reading.

Just my opinion but many people play this game because of surface battles. That's the reason I joined and many I have played with joined. The idea of slugging it out in your favorite BB against other BB's. Same with cruisers and DD's. The CV was a surprise to me as I progressed up the tech tree. I have seen many changes but the constant is CV's are an unwelcome entity to many players who just want gun battles.

I have learned to live with them but especially in lower tiers they are frustrating because of fake rocket planes. Also it seems in all tiers they have unlimited panes which is frustrating. CV's became more and more important as the years went by, I understand that and except them in the game. For me I just wish they were a little more historically accurate. But then a lot of BB's, CA's and DD's are not accurate either so you just do what you can or uninstall as I don't see many changes in the future. 

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
4,695 posts
1 hour ago, Khafni said:

The pattern is that WG is trying to fit non-surface combatant ships (CV and Sub) in a game that is tailor-made for surface combatants. I actually think the CV rework made them better and playable for me but they have to be balanced, then re-balanced, then re-re-balanced and they still don't quite work right. All that effort for something the vocal community (forums) still complain about. Sounds like wasted effort...

The pattern is that WG has always tried to add diversity of ships, playstyles and new content to a game. The carrier rework made them better and more playable for many players and, like every single other ship in the game, they will continue to add another element to the game with careful balancing and rebalancing as the game evolves. Despite growing numbers and sales a dozen or so trolls here in the forum continually bemoan an unrealized death of the game and spin broken records regarding obsolete and selfish playstyles. Sounds like wasted effort... because it is.

• Boring 2

[SIDE]
Members
4,695 posts
28 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Content creation is a business, viewers are customers, and so the smart business model is to parrot popular opinions in order to ingratiate oneself to the masses. Basically, most content creators don’t care to express their own opinions, they just tell angry people what they want to hear and then bask in the follows, donations, and subscriptions. 

There are a few CCs that seem to give sincere opinions on things without any spin or pandering (specifically, LittleWhiteMouse in her ship reviews), but most of the other big names are...questionable. 

Very well said. Out of thumb ups.

Edit: no I wasn't. Lol. Have one on me!

Edited by thebigblue

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,609 posts
10,459 battles
1 hour ago, Kensikora said:

.... the one thing that seems to be at the center of it all or can be circled back to are carriers. 

You are correct.  All ships have the capability to deal lots of damage.  However, every ship has to be within striking distance themselves in order to be able to do that.  CVs are the only one that can send their ordinance anywhere on the map and find a target without anyone else spotting for them.  Its that feeling of not being able to defend or fight back that players don't like.

There are good CV players and bad ones.  Due to the nature of how CVs affect the game, not just in the damage they deal, a team that gets a bad one is affected by that player just as much as they are affected by the other team's good one.  Spotting is everything in this game.  A team that has good spotting and CV play can alter how enemy ships can work, and that in turn affects how the friendly team interacts.  No other single ship in the game can affect how the entire team operates as much as a CV does. 

• Cool 3

[SALVO]
Members
2,012 posts
6,198 battles
11 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

The carrier rework made them better and more playable for many players and, like every single other ship in the game, they will continue to add another element to the game with careful balancing and rebalancing as the game evolves.

CVs may be ships but that is not what you play.  You play planes.  Ontop of that they are straight up breaking game mechanics to fit them into a game that was never supposed to have them in this fashion. 

Edited by eviltane
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 3

[A-D-F]
7,565 posts
5 minutes ago, eviltane said:

CVs may be ships but that is not what you play.  You play planes.  Ontop of that they are straight up braking game mechanics to fit them into a game that was never supposed to have them in this fashion. 

It's WG's game, they define what the game mechanics are supposed to be and they will be whatever they want. 

If they decide that the game mechanics include space ships and lasers, the game will include space ships and lasers.

• Cool 2

[HSSW]
Members
69 posts
1,529 battles

And when i said introduced i dont mean brough into the game, i ment that it seems they become more popular as being introduced more, like some have said they were few and far between in games before the rework, now before WG did what they did to limited them to 1-2 a game i have once in a week straight nothing but triple cv games. I mean yes Cv are hard to balance to make them usable but not OP and yes even some ships have no fly zones yet cv players are able to get in strikes.

I have noticed that if you upgrade your planes, put cpt skills into increase there survivale yes you can get in strikes even in a huge ammount of flak but that is a risk. you will lose all your planes for a strike that can do what, a few thousand damage.

The problem i see is no matter what WG does to cv to try and *balance* them ppl will find something to complain about CV, to many planes, the planes regenerate to fast. they do to much damage, survive to much. 

I mean at this point the only way WG can make ppl happy about CV is to remove them from the game, but if they did that they would have to ahve something to replace them with and have something else to counter DD mainly.

I mean if you play cruisers or battleships yes you can delte a dd fast BUT how can you delete what you cant see unless your basically point blank range.

It is like the old saying goes *you cant make everyone happy*

[SIM]
Members
4,931 posts
8,006 battles
2 minutes ago, Murcc said:

You are correct.  All ships have the capability to deal lots of damage.  However, every ship has to be within striking distance themselves in order to be able to do that.

This is categorically untrue. Higher tier DDs are plenty capable of inflicting catestrophic damage on other ships without ever coming within detection range of them. Against ships without radar, they're more than capable of striking from absolute safety, never risking a single point of damage to themselves. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SIDE]
Members
4,695 posts
50 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

My experience is entirely different from yours...

Also, over the years numerous meta changes have occured which have completely altered the way the game works from 3-4 years ago. It's much more complex and requires more cooperative tactics. No ship has been unaffected and any player worth their salt, so to speak, has done their best to embrace the changes and develop new, different and effective playstyles. Others come here and cry endlessly. There is a lot of good information in this forum you can use to your advantage and level out the learning curve. There is a lot of bad info as well which would lead you to believe it's best to quit, leave or other toxicity. Nobody can decide for you what is best for you. I would encourage you to remember it's just a game, a rare one at that, and it's going to keep changing and be different year after year. Keep trying new features and new ships. Some you will like and some you will not. Either way the understanding you gain will help you maintain relevant knowledge of the game.

[SALVO]
Members
2,012 posts
6,198 battles
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

It's WG's game, they define what the game mechanics are supposed to be and they will be whatever they want. 

If they decide that the game mechanics include space ships and lasers, the game will include space ships and lasers.

Great then they have a space ships and lasers game not a WW2 wave shooter and every fan that spent money on a WW2 ships shooter can rightfully complain that WG is turning the game into something else then what they sold it as. 

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
7,565 posts
Just now, eviltane said:

Great then they have a space ships and lasers game not a WW2 wave shooter and every fan that spent money on a WW2 ships shooter can rightfully complain that WG is turning the game into something else then what they sold it as. 

Sure.

They can do whatever they want though and they decide what the game mechanics are supposed to be, not the players.  The players decide if they play the game or not.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
2,012 posts
6,198 battles
24 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

This is categorically untrue. Higher tier DDs are plenty capable of inflicting catestrophic damage on other ships without ever coming within detection range of them. Against ships without radar, they're more than capable of striking from absolute safety, never risking a single point of damage to themselves. 

Yet they are always close, able to be acted on, neither can they magically appear on the other side of your ship. That same "catestrophic" damage they do can be 100% avoided through skilled play.  UNLIKE CV damage which can not be 100% avoided through skilled play.   This comparison of CVs to DDs has been laughable farce from the beginning.  

CVs literally have 3-4 times the survival rate of DDs any comparison in risks faced is nothing but a cheap distraction. 

Edited by eviltane
spelling / grammar
  • Cool 4

[SALVO]
Members
2,012 posts
6,198 battles
Just now, Burnsy said:

Sure.

They can do whatever they want though and they decide what the game mechanics are supposed to be, not the players.  The players decide if they play the game or not.

And the players will complain as we do now that WG is making a huge mistake. 

[HSSW]
Members
69 posts
1,529 battles
7 minutes ago, Murcc said:

You are correct.  All ships have the capability to deal lots of damage.  However, every ship has to be within striking distance themselves in order to be able to do that.  CVs are the only one that can send their ordinance anywhere on the map and find a target without anyone else spotting for them.  Its that feeling of not being able to defend or fight back that players don't like.

There are good CV players and bad ones.  Due to the nature of how CVs affect the game, not just in the damage they deal, a team that gets a bad one is affected by that player just as much as they are affected by the other team's good one.  Spotting is everything in this game.  A team that has good spotting and CV play can alter how enemy ships can work, and that in turn affects how the friendly team interacts.  No other single ship in the game can affect how the entire team operates as much as a CV does. 

yes you are correct that CV can send out there planes but looks at the size of the CV's. there detecable range is big, yes you can do something to limit how close you have to be to be seen but all any ship has to do is get in min range and rain down hell and you can with the right and good aim (which alot of people have) you can delete a CV within a salvo or 2 or if your really lucky one salvo. Then as a CV player all you can do is use what planes you got, go back to port and que again

But also look at this, CV take a lot longer to reserch as there only tier 4 then 6 then 8 and 10 and each CV takes longer to get up there without Free xp and even if you had the free xp would you use it all to get up there.

Each CV is different and take a bit to learn. The easiest i will admit to learn are the UK cuase of there dive bombers, all they do is carpet bomb which make it easier to aim cuase even if you do it N to S or E to W your gonna hit something and there somewhat accurate but the other CV do a arc were they go up then down and can be harder to aim for some. The GZ it what most consider a meam CV cuase there secondaries are nasty and there dive bombers are not like the others

[A-D-F]
7,565 posts
7 minutes ago, eviltane said:

And the players will complain as we do now that WG is making a huge mistake. 

If it is a mistake, they are not making it, they have made it.  The CV rework isn't going to change much at this point, not for a long time anyway.

The forum does what the forum do and it isn't going to stop, either.  Such is WoWs.

Subs are about to bring a new world of fun though, so that will be something new for a while. 

[HSSW]
Members
69 posts
1,529 battles
6 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

yes you are right on that but that is one thing i seen over time is ppl complaing about that, a dd never has to be within detecable range to fire off there torps to do damage and you can not without Hydro or skills or something in game to detect the torps to avoid them and with how hard it is for some BB to dodge them they can do nothing but eat the damage.

• Boring 1

[BIER]
Members
173 posts
8,844 battles

Some other CV player had posted where he was complaining about CV were under powered or something. But in his post, we commented on how he really enjoyed the cat-n-mouse game he gets to play with DDs. The DDs try to hide and he spots them etc etc. Give and take...

What he is missing and all CV lovers miss is that the DD player does not get relaunch a new ship each time it is sunk. A CV can continue to send squadron after squadron at a DD until the DD is sunk and the game is over for that player. Add in the "Eye Of Saron" aka fighter squadrons that a CV and just plop on top of a DD and prema-spot him for other to burn down.

CVs are not going anywhere and the complaining is never going to change that. But no one can ever dismiss the fact that the CV "rework" was not a rework but rather a brand new game mechanic that significantly change the game for people who had been playing, and enjoying, the game for years before. They crammed a first person shooting into the game.

• Cool 3