Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hunter_Steel

The Reason I Play WoWS

6 comments in this topic

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,165 posts
4,371 battles

Is because from time to time, the gaming God's grace you with an unbelievable amount of fun and laughs in a game. Like in this Shimakaze game of mine:

S7Y7Fwa.jpg

This was achieved at the 4 minute mark. I dropped preemptive torps on a Minotaur that was smoking up in B cap, I couldn't approach B-cap because their Des Moines was close by and was waiting on his Radar for anyone that entered the cap. So I was keeping them spotted when I saw the Minotaur going into B and smoking up as I spotted him. So I dropped preemptive torps on his smoke near the edge because he was in the process of slowing down and our Team's Radar ships were at D cap instead, so there was no radar near by.

So as I was getting into position to begin spotting the Yuugumo (Who's smoke you can see in the image above) he smoked up, and the Des Moines Radar'd, so to avoid the majority of incoming damage, I hugged this little Island and it was really just the Yuugumo wailing on me until he got Hydro'd and was forced to leave his smoke. At this point I get the notification that my torpedoes had hit the Minotaur and sunk him, and I was firing my guns on the Yuugumo. This resulted in my First Blood, Dev-Strike and Double Strike all at once with a wonderful shot of adrenaline and lot's of laughs from both me and Minotaur after their Massachusetts remarked at my remaining 12 torpedoes as  "A lot of red crayons."

Eventually I was sunk by the Des Moines as I was capping B near the end of the game, I threw some light banter his way and he didn't appreciate that unfortunately, but at least his Minotaur was a good sport about being torp'd in his smoke. 

GypQLVn.jpg

mMlNA7F.jpg

sXGKkhW.jpg

BeHkkHc.jpg

In the end, this game highlights why I still play, and I will continue to play. Because there's fun to be had, and fun moments to be enjoyed and laughed about.

~Hunter

• Cool 3

[SIM]
Members
4,914 posts
7,991 battles

I still play WoWs because of Stockholm Syndrome. 

• Funny 4

[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
9,182 battles

I play for the Soviet cruiser tokens.

I'm saving up, to buy me a flag.

• Funny 2

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,165 posts
4,371 battles
9 hours ago, SidTheBlade said:

I play for the Soviet cruiser tokens.

I'm saving up, to buy me a flag.

Kek

~Hunter

[SALVO]
Members
1,952 posts
6,178 battles
9 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

I still play WoWs because of Stockholm Syndrome. 

This . Plus the main caller yelling at me to finally get my Halland for CBs. 

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this