Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jondoom

Okt. Rev buy or coal?

15 comments in this topic

[NES]
Members
256 posts
5,506 battles

Either way I'm going to get this ship because I like it and it's historically significant. I build model ships as well and this there's actually a company that makes a kit of the Marat. Is it worth using coal on? I currently have 33k coal. 

Beta Testers
365 posts
12,391 battles

Played Gangut?

Liked Gangut?

Then you'll like GangutOktyabrskaya Revolutsiya.  See LWM's review here.

The question is, what else d'you think you might spend your coal (and coupon) on?  Special upgrades are a constant source of coal spendage, or you might want to save the coal & coupon for something more expensive.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,645 posts
18,994 battles

I got this ship for free during the original event and I can't say I play it much. I would save the coal and wait for this to go on sale if you're dead set on acquiring it. I do like the deluxe camo that can cause immediate eye bleed for those complaining about Russian bias.  

Quick question about the October Rev's CCCP Camo - Russian ...

[1CVDV]
Members
263 posts
12,362 battles

I see your relatively new at the game so im assuming your collection is mostly low to mid tier ships..okt.rev is a fair ship,little slow,with practically no aa(but somehow it will work better than expected).she does collect pretty good credit as a premium boat...good riffles(12) will put a hurting on broadside cruisers.which you see a lot at those tiers.imo good ship to have in your port.

[ARGSY]
Members
24,433 posts
18,402 battles
8 hours ago, DeMatt said:

Played Gangut?

Liked Gangut?

Then you'll like GangutOktyabrskaya Revolutsiya. 

I certainly didn't. I didn't much like Izmail either, and she's much the same thing at Tier 6. However, OP has his heart set on her, and once he's read Mouse's review and hopefully watched a few gameplay vids (those for the Izmail and Gangut should also help at least a bit), he'll be in a better position to take her into battle. 

Her similarity in gun layout should translate to playstyle and be a seamless transition for captain training into and out of the Gangut, and into and out of the Izmail (Pyotr Velikiy is a different beast; she has more in common with the Kongo). Beyond that, the gun layout changes to the ABX standard seen in most other navies and he would have to readjust his style every time he moved a captain up, but he'll be more experienced by then and able to handle the shift in style.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,339 posts

i really enjoyed Izmail, if this plays similar it will be fun to play (at least for me)

Members
165 posts
6,168 battles

My advice is if you want her then get her for coal. The other things to buy with coal can wait until you have played more games and started focusing on high tiers. Save your money for premium time. I personally like the Oktober. 

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
8,248 posts
6,105 battles
10 hours ago, jondoom said:

I like it and it's historically significant. I build model ships as well and this there's actually a company that makes a kit of the Marat.

With or without bow section?

[DAS]
Members
1,024 posts
10,379 battles
10 hours ago, jondoom said:

Either way I'm going to get this ship because I like it and it's historically significant. I build model ships as well and this there's actually a company that makes a kit of the Marat. Is it worth using coal on? I currently have 33k coal. 

I do want to get it one day, but I would never buy it with real money.

Make a plan for how you want to spend your coal. My plan so far has been tier 9s and 10s. I got the JB before it was removed and I have some of the tier 10s as well. Make sure you use the coupon if at all possible. It can save a lot of coal, especially if you use it to get a tier 10.

[WOOKY]
[WOOKY]
Members
652 posts
12,807 battles

It's a nice boat if you enjoy T5 BB play.

USD vs Coal, well that's up to you and your budget. It's inexpensive either way.

I agree with @Baritone4, your primary spending, if you choose to do so, should be on Premium Time. If you can afford OR after that then get it.

[NES]
Members
256 posts
5,506 battles

I primarily play in tier 8-10 matches using Roma, Massachusetts or Chapayev. I can get Iowa or Donskoi but I don’t see the point spending credits on them at the moment other than getting Moskva. 

I wouldn’t say I’m new I’ve been playing since 2016, just on and off

that being said, I already have the Giuliani Cesare for t5 which I like a lot. This would be supplementary 

[-PVE-]
Members
312 posts
13,673 battles
7 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I certainly didn't. I didn't much like Izmail either, and she's much the same thing at Tier 6. However, OP has his heart set on her, and once he's read Mouse's review and hopefully watched a few gameplay vids (those for the Izmail and Gangut should also help at least a bit), he'll be in a better position to take her into battle. 

Her similarity in gun layout should translate to playstyle and be a seamless transition for captain training into and out of the Gangut, and into and out of the Izmail (Pyotr Velikiy is a different beast; she has more in common with the Kongo). Beyond that, the gun layout changes to the ABX standard seen in most other navies and he would have to readjust his style every time he moved a captain up, but he'll be more experienced by then and able to handle the shift in style.

I find  Izmail to be almost OP when using it in operations.

Members
2,360 posts
33,900 battles

33K coal seems really cheap for a T5 dominating monster BB with supernatural repair party.

Members
1,660 posts
4 hours ago, jondoom said:

I primarily play in tier 8-10 matches using Roma, Massachusetts or Chapayev. I can get Iowa or Donskoi but I don’t see the point spending credits on them at the moment other than getting Moskva. 

I wouldn’t say I’m new I’ve been playing since 2016, just on and off

that being said, I already have the Giuliani Cesare for t5 which I like a lot. This would be supplementary 

If you just research the Moskova, you will get it and its permacamo for free when the Soviet cruiser line splits.  You only need to research the Moskova, not purchase it.

Sign in to follow this