Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sinsokira

atago build

5 comments in this topic

Members
31 posts
345 battles

Hello. So just about an hour ago i bough the atago. I worked up some of the IJN line, played with the triple turret style of guns on some of there ships and i like they way they play as they seem to fit my playstyle. I have read that you can get the atago detection range to around 9.1 but i have only been able to get it to 9.3 and just wondering how do i get it to the 9.1 or is 9.3 still good

And does anyone have a good build for her to help keep  her stealthy but still accurate and effective and suggestions for moudles.

Atm what i have for her cpt skill wise is

1.PT

2.EL

3.DE

4.CE

my fith cpt skill will be Super intend and as for the modules i have are the following

1.main armament

2.DC

3.ASM

4.SGM

5.CSM

any suggestion,tips and help would be greatly apreciated :)

[K0]
Members
186 posts
4,295 battles

Since the CE nerf all CE bonus are 10%. 9.1KM was pre CE nerf. Nows the minimum detect for Atago is 9.3.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,592 posts

I've played the Atago a lot (well the Takao); in fact, it's my second-most-played ship with 882 Random games. It's seen some power creep but still is fun to play, especially when you are in a tier VI-VIII match. If the radar has been used up and the spotting DDs are gone it can actually be played like a big DD as it can (just) stealth torp. It's quad sets of 10 km torpedoes can really pack a punch under the right circumstances.

Here is my build, for what it's worth:

• MAM1
  • ERP
  • ASM1
  • SGM1
  • CSM1

I like to see torps coming and be able to turn to avoid them.

image.thumb.png.3e47bf3601f152c1f333b8e9144850f5.png 

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,592 posts

Here's the result of a game I just played in the Atago. It wasn't my best game in it but I did my part and ended up third on the winning team. Note that even without an AA spec per se, the Atago is fairly good at handling same-tier planes. The enemy Kaga was only able to get one rocket hit on me. My biggest problem in fighting it was that it oftentimes kept me spotted so I couldn't sneak up on the Yamato, which was my main problem. However, the Atago's heal saved the day and I survived the match.

image.png.2ac338dd60fb956794ee13fb430b0512.png

I think that you will enjoy the ship. The IJN HE is really good and with DE you will set quite a few fires, even though your DPM is low. If you get into trouble stop firing and you can usually go stealthy and retire to heal before re-joining the fray. The Atago is about as good as a DD in capping with its 9.3 km detection. I easily got a solo cap this game.

Edited by Snargfargle

[O7]
Members
1,493 posts
10,804 battles

e01609807b036d9b15b55ca4899bce16.png

i use this as my atago/zao build, having SE just gives a little more hp per heal which can save you towards the end of each game. Expert loader very handy as the AP packs a good punch when you need it.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this