Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GSXstage1

Mutsu Gun Buff?

7 comments in this topic

[TIGRB]
Members
860 posts
16,520 battles

I have not seen anything about IJN Mutsu getting a gun buff but my Daughter seems to be having good luck with it so I took mine out and she is right. The Accuracy seems to me to be vastly better than what I remember.

I played two random games and two operation games and she is hitting and hitting hard from long range. I mean over 15k she is hitting decent. I can remember when you used to shoot, Drop to your knees and ask the Heavens just for 1 shell to hit.

Did I miss a gun buff on her? Or is RNG just being nice?

Members
2,952 posts
36,759 battles

A long ways back there were two versions of the guns. They Nagato old A hull variant and the ones later used from Nagato to Amagi, and Kii.

The changes were that only Mutsu got the stock Nagato old A hull guns. Ashitaka all the way to Kii get the better version.

However, there is ones caveat with the Mutsu guns. They shoot flat at about very near  long range because they retain most of their velocity.

The velocity drops off at max range with spotter.

The issue here is that with good practice, you can slam ships with stunning regularity because your eyes can be coordinated well with the shots.

In your daughter's case, she got really good at the ship because she sails it consistently.

Most typical players will play Mutsu or just about any new premium for about a week and then only sail it maybe once per day.

But if that ship is maybe a handful of premiums you have, then you sail it a lot.

Congratulations on your daughter's skills being very good. Her hard work and determination paid off and she may very well surpass you with Gunnery.

Thanks for sharing this proud parent moment with all of us. I am sure you will have many great moments to come.

<O

• Cool 1

[LOS]
Members
864 posts
13,742 battles
9 hours ago, GSXstage1 said:

I have not seen anything about IJN Mutsu getting a gun buff but my Daughter seems to be having good luck with it so I took mine out and she is right. The Accuracy seems to me to be vastly better than what I remember.

I played two random games and two operation games and she is hitting and hitting hard from long range. I mean over 15k she is hitting decent. I can remember when you used to shoot, Drop to your knees and ask the Heavens just for 1 shell to hit.

Did I miss a gun buff on her? Or is RNG just being nice?

Didn't LWM write early last year the Mutsu got an improved AP shell type?  I don't own Mutsu, but the post was detailed and so compelling I thought about buying it probably until WG dangled some new shiny in front of me and I wandered off.

[WOLF3]
Members
27,081 posts
23,857 battles
4 minutes ago, Sinton said:

Didn't LWM write early last year the Mutsu got an improved AP shell type?  I don't own Mutsu, but the post was detailed and so compelling I thought about buying it probably until WG dangled some new shiny in front of me and I wandered off.

Ashitaka was the one that got buffs.  Originally she had the old Type 88 AP shells for the IJN 410mm/45 Type 3 guns.  Then she got moved up to the better Type 91 AP.

A big annoying problem for Ashitaka was she was a "Glass Cannon" but the old Type 88 shells meant she didn't have the "Cannon" part.  With the change to Type 91 AP shells, she now fully merits the "Glass Cannon" title.

Mutsu still uses the old Type 88 AP.  I asked long ago for Mutsu to get Type 91 AP.

[TIGRB]
Members
860 posts
16,520 battles
12 minutes ago, Sinton said:

SteelRain in a post above this one explained Mutsu got Nagatos 16 rifles that shoot flat unless your at extreme ranges. So velocity and damage increase.

Sign in to follow this