You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
The_Massacrerer

T7 Ranked recommendations

25 comments in this topic

[SPNRD]
Members
76 posts

Ahoy Captains!

Can I get some recommendation for the upcoming T7 ranked season?

I'd like to hear some good premiums, some solid non-premiums, and ones to definitely stay away from!

Thank you!

• Cool 1

[B-Z]
Members
123 posts
14,314 battles

SMOLENSK!

No, wait... wrong event.... sorry.

Premiums: Haida, Belfast, Flint, Scharnhorst

Tech tree : Jervis, Gadjah Mada, Fiji, Sinop, Gneisenau

Surprise troll options : Atlanta, Indianapolis, Shiratsuyu, Ashitaka

[A-I-M]
Members
3,016 posts
22,130 battles

Belfast, and ... Belfast. 

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

Atlanta and Flint have taken a fairly decent beating with the IFHE and armor changes....they are usually solid choices but unsure this time around (Flint is normally my go to for T7 ranked).  Sinop will be good, Gneis and Scharn are good unless you meet a good Sinop lol.  Indianapolis and Belfast have the "oh hey they have radar" factor.  

For DDs - Akatsuki is good, Sims would probably do ok.

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,138 posts
5,034 battles

For BBs its gonna (always) be Sinop hands down. Followed by Nelson or a German BB. That's 2 tech trees, one doubloon, and one resource ship. 

The dds seem fairly universal. I'm not sure how the IFHE impacted the cruisers, but that radar the premiums bring sure is useful.

[KSE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,732 posts
17,366 battles

Sims is a useful DD for a couple of reasons in a 7 v 7:

Great US smoke - ideal for smoking your team mates and taking caps.

Long range torps (10.5 km ) for the tier - while they are slow (51), they are very stealthy and great for area denial. Plus you get 8 of them ( 2x4 ) and mine reload in 68 seconds.

Guns are usable in sub 8km duels, and you have a decent health pool with the right skills.

The best part is the "baked" in xp bonus.  You will earn more xp in the Sims than any other tier 7 DD for doing the same amount of damage/caps/kills/spots.  It can save you a star when your team is just plain bad.

• Cool 1

[PLDN]
Supertester
2,156 posts
6,629 battles

Sinop, Nelson, Nagato, Belfast, Yorck, and Gadja Mada would be my picks. I might try to meme with Atlanta.

[DRY]
Members
88 posts
6,500 battles

I'm debating Sims. She's was a great damage farmer, but with her high detection she's not great in eliminating enemy DDs or grabbing caps on the downlow. I'm also not sure how badly IFHE nerfs hit her.

Members
663 posts
5,969 battles

The only good tech tree options form my experience were the Sinop and the Fiji. I started counting smoke ships at one point, and a good measure of who won the game was whoever had more of those, radar or not radar equipped. Sinop is the best "classic" style BB at the tier, but loses to the torpedo equipped boys if you don't play it right. Maps are smaller, which means torp runs are more consistent with them, and Sinop doesn't have the DPM to meet them out before they get you. 

My game plan is going to be the same as any tier 7 ranked: outplay people in the Blyska. I wouldn't recommend the plan to other people, but I'm more comfortable in the boat than any other tier 7 I could bring, so it makes up for that. Turns out being a good DD driver makes up for a whole lot of stuff,.

[INTEL]
Members
3,060 posts
16,842 battles

Besides most of the above I’ll add Yorck and Z-39. 

Edited by ClassicLib

Members
1,493 posts
10,862 battles

z39, haida for dd, mahan for tech tree

belfast or helena, i dont think atlanta or flint are very good now ifhe has them chopped

sinop, gneis or scharny as a counter to sinops unless you just plan on ramming the enemy sinop

[WOLF2]
Members
437 posts
9,043 battles

My 76.79% WR in 56 ranked battles says Atlanta's pretty good in ranked.............even with IFHE changes, it's still a dd nightmare in ranked.

[TFLT]
Members
281 posts
13,319 battles
1 hour ago, ProfessorLumpy said:

I'm debating Sims. She's was a great damage farmer, but with her high detection she's not great in eliminating enemy DDs or grabbing caps on the downlow. I'm also not sure how badly IFHE nerfs hit her.

Sims took a hard hit from IFHE. She is mostly relegated to a good ship to use in a division for its long smokes. It just can't keep up with the DPS of the other ships now with IFHE not an option. Aki is a much better option. I actually ranked out with Sims a few seasons backed but this go around I think I will use SINOP, Belfast and Sharnhorst.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,200 posts
16,921 battles

For premium ships it will be my usual choice of Belfast, Scharnhorst, and possibly the Lolanta.

For the tech tree the Fiji is a powerhouse. Also, the Lion with sixteen guns of fun can make any battle entertaining. 

Good hunting. 

[WOLFC]
Members
1,683 posts
9,534 battles
3 hours ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Atlanta and Flint have taken a fairly decent beating with the IFHE and armor changes....they are usually solid choices but unsure this time around (Flint is normally my go to for T7 ranked).

Flint and Atlanta can still pen 26mm with IFHE. IIRC, there isn’t any 27mm armor at tier VII, so they should still be able to pen everything they could before. The only difference is loss of 0.5% base fire chance, since the penalty increased from 2% to 2.5% with the change. Assuming you run both fire flags, it works out to about 12.5% reduction in fire-starting potential without DE, and a 8.5% reduction with DE.

Of course, if you don’t run IFHE, there’s quite a bit more 25mm plating in place of 16mm on cruisers now.

Edited by Nevermore135

[-ICE-]
Members
417 posts

I only have two t7's the Helena with a 19pt capt or the Gorizia with a 10pt capt...   after Helena was ruined im not happy with either one but they will do for now.

[INTEL]
Members
13,075 posts
36,093 battles

Z39 for the fast torp reload, large HP pool. Yudachi for the torpspam. I will probably play both, with occasional forays into Lyon since at Ranked ranges, those 16 guns are murderous. 

Sinop is best BB on the list below and leads in average damage, despite being the most popular? Color me shocked. The Russian cheatbote BBs are almost all broken. 

https://na.wows-numbers.com/season/108,Sprint-8/

I am kind of surprised to see Lazo so high in WR there, given the ranges at which Ranked is fought. 

Someone recommended Akat. With its huge detect its been power-creeped. You're better off in something else.

• Cool 1

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
3 hours ago, The_Massacrerer said:

Ahoy Captains!

I'd like to hear some good premiums, some solid non-premiums, and ones to definitely stay away from!

Thank you!

I dont think there is a bad crusier.  There all solid.

Dont know about BB other than Russian.

Members
4,465 posts
19,499 battles

I've been out of the PvP loop for a while so I wont play Ranked this time around as it would'nt be fair to my team.

If I was to however;
BB; Scharnhorst
CL; Fiji, Belfast, Helena
DD; Haida

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles

As always for t7 ranked, it's gonna be ruled by Belfast and Sinop. Beyond that it doesn't really matter much, it's all going to be sub optimal.

[ISLA]
Beta Testers
644 posts
12,091 battles
4 hours ago, The_Massacrerer said:

Ahoy Captains!

Thank you!

/Face palm (worst balance tier)

there only one good choose Belfast (Radar/ check, smoke/check, HE/check)