You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bruenor_Battlehammer

Russian Cruiser Event...Wow, just wow.

104 comments in this topic

Members
4 posts
17,970 battles

Ok. So I just completed week 1 of the event and opened 7 containers. I got a whopping 65 of the tokens. At that rate, thru the 4 weeks of the event, I won't even earn enough tokens to get the tier 5 cruiser. I'm not sure what the point of this event even is with this kind of ridiculous event.

UPDATE:Week 2 has ended. All containers possible opened. Looking at 225 tokens (yes, I got 3 that actually had 25 in each one). Interesting how that is good for nothing yet I already see players with the 2nd of the free token ships. WG. Just say it. If I don't give you real dollars, I get the shaft. There is nothing random about it.

Update: Week 3 directives. 295 total tokens. The bad joke just continues.

Edited by Bruenor_Battlehammer
  • Cool 8
  • Boring 2

[OIL-1]
Members
1,281 posts

The point is, you grind for a whole month and you get a $5 permanent camo for a tier 5 ship that you don't even want.

• Cool 8
  • Funny 10

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
1,661 posts
8,800 battles
Just now, z9_ said:

The point is, you grind for a whole month and you get a $5 permanent camo for a tier 5 ship that you don't even want.

Tada!!

Actually, the point of the event is that you grind for that month, find out you STILL don't have enough, get annoyed, then run out and buy gold to use for the random loopboxes.

WORKING AS INTENDED. 

• Cool 10

[RVNHQ]
Members
246 posts

While I do agree the event is kind of ridiculous you are incorrect about the tier V premium. Assuming you collect every container and all of them were 5 tokens you will still have enough for Mikoyan.

Edited by Beleaf_

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

I opened the 9 I got today, and have 95 tokens.  Have 4 more coming at some point from PTS, but yea....average 10 and change isn't making me too excited.

• Cool 1

[OIL-1]
Members
1,281 posts
4 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

isn't making me too excited

At least you get a free pull on the slot machine for 1,500 tokens!

I lost. Again. But it didn't cost anything.

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,708 posts

Seriously, it's like WG is telling us to not bother with this event if you don't intend to whale.

• Cool 4

[T_O_P]
Members
410 posts
5 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

Seriously, it's like WG is telling us to not bother with this event if you don't intend to whale.

Seriously, they've been telling that to people for a long time, but people don't listen :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 4

[-PVE-]
Members
253 posts
13,017 battles
8 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

Did you see all the new ships out there today, the whales are very active!

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
1,661 posts
8,800 battles
2 minutes ago, Mykawa said:

Did you see all the new ships out there today, the whales are very active!

I saw a Bogatyr and Tallin get completely mamed. Lol

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,708 posts
10 hours ago, Mustangrde1 said:

THey aren't free until July; that's when they will be able to be researched normally in patch 0.9.6. Likely because WG wants to catch as many whales as they can.

• Funny 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,306 posts
25,241 battles
24 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

THey aren't free until July; that's when they will be able to be researched normally in patch 0.9.6. Likely because WG wants to catch as many whales as they can.

I thought whaling was illegal though... :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[EQRN]
Members
2,030 posts
17,490 battles

Does anyone know if the token collecting extends into the next patch?

[JMMAF]
Members
456 posts
8,164 battles

This event is hot garbage.  I have 75 tokes from 9 containers.   I am not sure why I am surprised tho. It was like that the last event too. I never got "lucky" enough to even get a ship.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,736 posts
1 hour ago, Zaydin said:

So they're not in 9.5?  Meh. 

Opened my first container today, got 5 tokens.  I think it was a message from the gaming deities.  

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NWOC]
[NWOC]
Members
1,016 posts
12,331 battles
1 minute ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Opened my first container today, got 5 tokens.  I think it was a message from the gaming deities.  

Yo KC, as usual, well stated.

• Cool 1

Members
3,100 posts
6,691 battles

Many irrationally high expectations here as usual. If you get all the containers, you get a premium Tier V ship and an extra permacamo. You can argue that those are poor rewards if you like, that's a matter of opinion, but if you were expecting anything different... Why? It's basically been like this for more than ten updates. The reward for finishing all the directives for an update is a Tier V premium. Why are so many of you acting all surprised by this? If anything it's better, since at least you are guaranteed the Tier V, which in some updates has not been the case.

• Cool 1

Members
468 posts
4,399 battles
15 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

i got the same message

Edited by pepe_trueno

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles
2 hours ago, Tigermaus said:

Tada!!

Actually, the point of the event is that you grind for that month, find out you STILL don't have enough, get annoyed, then run out and buy gold to use for the random loopboxes.

WORKING AS INTENDED. 

I can only speak for myself. It ain't working as intended in the context you stated. Next patch these cruisers will become tech tree ships. No incentive to rush out & buy them in my opinion.

I'll do the directives, collect the rewards offered and hope I have a good time doing so.

Members
2,915 posts
36,725 battles
2 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Dev strike. You can't argue with that. LOL

Aye, but wailing is another matter.

I got some tokens. But after my typical BB can opener appears to pen these ships well, it's as if they might be potentially as meh as the Euro DDs.

I would rather wait and see how it goes. I am more focused on the anniversary camos instead. Those permacamos seem to have better potential.

[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
9,238 battles
3 hours ago, Bruenor_Battlehammer said:

Ok. So I just completed week 1 of the event and opened 7 containers. I got a whopping 65 of the tokens. At that rate, thru the 4 weeks of the event, I won't even earn enough tokens to get the tier 5 cruiser. I'm not sure what the point of this event even is with this kind of ridiculous event.

Mah bru.

I also got 65 tokens for completing directive 1.

I also did the math, and worked out that 1 + 1 = go stick your head in a bucket.

I take away from this exercise that I don't work for WG, and that other people do. They want me to know, they are better than me. They are up there, and I am down here.

Either that, or it is the angry toast people again, the one who scream and squint when they see folks spreading TOO MUCH JAM on their toast.

Those people are so angry.

But, why did WG let the angry people hand out the tokens?

Such a mystery. 

Anyway, I won't be bothered with the cruiser "event". It's just one more piece of weirdness, to go with all the other weirdness from times past.