You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GrayPanther2018

ASW Ratings on ships

12 comments in this topic

[PHD]
Members
1,516 posts
6,479 battles

Has anyone noticed that some ships in your port now have ASW ratings that vary with the ships as to number of depth charges and number per drop? It seems to vary  with ships so far my Guepard has a better rating than another ship I have, but forgot which one. But some of my DDs don't have any ASW abilities particularly the Premiums. I suppose that is a work in progress?

There was no acess to the sub game when I checked today, not that I am in any hurry.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles

It was in the patch notes, they go active on the 27th.

[PLDN]
Supertester
2,156 posts
6,629 battles

All tier 6 DDs and four tier 6 CLs now have depth charges.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles
6 minutes ago, X15 said:

All tier 6 DDs and four tier 6 CLs now have depth charges.

Not all DD's have ASW and there are far too many ships that have no sub counter.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,880 posts
16,337 battles
1 hour ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

Has anyone noticed that some ships in your port now have ASW ratings that vary with the ships as to number of depth charges and number per drop? It seems to vary  with ships so far my Guepard has a better rating than another ship I have, but forgot which one. But some of my DDs don't have any ASW abilities particularly the Premiums. I suppose that is a work in progress?

There was no acess to the sub game when I checked today, not that I am in any hurry.

During the last PTS I copied down all the data for ASW ships ... just checked against the live server, the top and bottom ships still have the same figures. 

I'll verify the others later, but I thought you might like to see how they stacked up before.

ASW.jpg

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,708 posts
58 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Not all DD's have ASW and there are far too many ships that have no sub counter.

Reason only tier 6 DDs have ASW ratings is because subs are tier 6 only for the foreseeable future.

My experience in the test server was that subs were balanced so long as your depth charge equipped ships were still alive. As soon as they were sunk there wasn't much you could do about subs. They need to give heavy cruisers, BBs and CVs some way to harm subs or otherwise force them to surface.

[PLDN]
Supertester
2,156 posts
6,629 battles
54 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

But all the tier 6 ones do. And they are currently the ones that matter.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles
6 minutes ago, X15 said:

But all the tier 6 ones do. And they are currently the ones that matter.

I must have been tripping because I thought I saw some when I was specifically looking at the tier 6 DD's, I am obviously losing what little I had.

[PLDN]
Supertester
2,156 posts
6,629 battles
7 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I must have been tripping because I thought I saw some when I was specifically looking at the tier 6 DD's, I am obviously losing what little I had.

I did my own worried double take when I saw your comment. I went and checked them all manually, they all have ASW.

[PHD]
Members
1,516 posts
6,479 battles
1 hour ago, DocWalker said:

During the last PTS I copied down all the data for ASW ships ... just checked against the live server, the top and bottom ships still have the same figures. 

I'll verify the others later, but I thought you might like to see how they stacked up before.

ASW.jpg

Ah! Thanks for the info! :Smile_honoring:I thought I would try subs in the PTS some time ago but could never get in for one reason or the other. 

So it's limited to tier 6.

Maybe sometime 

[WOLF3]
Members
27,081 posts
23,857 battles
1 hour ago, DocWalker said:

ASW.jpg

Nurnberg having no depth charges was a glaring issue.

It seems La Gal doesn't have them, either.

The former I played on PTS and was surprised she didn't have DC.  I didn't try La Gal, but she's not on that list.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway