You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mustangrde1

The Problem with the game

20 comments in this topic

[--O--]
Members
994 posts

I say it all the time but here is absolute proof.

A t-10 Gearing asking an Asashio if he had deep water torps. He had been using more colorful language as well about how the Asashio torps went through numerous cruisers.

It should be impossible to get to T-10 without playing against an Asashio unless you in one way or another buy your way to t-10. This is becoming more and more prevalent and a LARGE reason the game is suffering and going down the tubes... I understand a company needs to make money, but the harm to its longevity is being done. It would be far more beneficiary IMO to require at minimum X-number of games before you can progress to the next level say at least 50 thats 500 to get to t-10.

Also do not allow a purchase of a ship until they reach the equal level of the to the ship you wish to purchase... EXAMPLE: you want the Tirpitz you need to reach T-8 on the German BB Line 80 games. Not to much to ask and would help the game in the long run.

wow.jpg

Edited by Mustangrde1
  • Boring 3

[SOFOP]
Members
2,482 posts
15,344 battles

Maybe there is more to the conversation, but from what you captured, I think the Gearing was telling Asashio that he has DW torps, not asking if he does.  Not saying I agree or disagree with your assessment that a lot of people are getting to tier 10 without much clue about the game, but in this case its probably more likely that the Asashio was the problem, not the Gearing.

In the end, you are asking WG to restrict players spending money, and to restrict the level at which they can toss unprepared players in to games with unicums.  Not likely to happen.

The alternative is some sort of skill based MM, the mere mention of which is like putting a road flare in gasoline around here.

Edited by Old_Baldy_One

[SIM]
Members
5,848 posts
9,315 battles

Wargaming will never throttle their income stream like that. The solution to the problem of is a Ladder Mode, with performance based match-making. That way everyone settles at the level that they belong, as opposed to what we see currently in Random Battle. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLFD]
Members
862 posts
6,973 battles
41 minutes ago, Mustangrde1 said:

A t-10 Gearing asking an Asashio if he had deep water torps. He had been using more colorful language as well about how the Asashio torps went through numerous cruisers.

It should be impossible to get to T-10 without playing against an Asashio unless you in one way or another buy your way to t-10. This is becoming more and more prevalent and a LARGE reason the game is suffering and going down the tubes... I understand a company needs to make money, but the harm to its longevity is being done. It would be far more beneficiary IMO to require at minimum X-number of games before you can progress to the next level say at least 50 thats 500 to get to t-10.

Also do not allow a purchase of a ship until they reach the equal level of the to the ship you wish to purchase... EXAMPLE: you want the Tirpitz you need to reach T-8 on the German BB Line 80 games. Not to much to ask and would help the game in the long run.

wow.jpg

50 games at T1, HA, you must be crazy!

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,779 posts
21,688 battles

The problem with this game: the vast variety of people with different opinions about what constitutes 'the' problem with this game.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2

Members
348 posts
5,767 battles
10 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

The solution to the problem of is a Ladder Mode, with performance based match-making. That way everyone settles at the level that they belong, as opposed to what we see currently in Random Battle. 

With queues typically around 100 at a given tier, this just isn't practical. The game needs to grow by a factor of ten or more before this can even be considered.

[SALVO]
Members
8,214 posts
6,098 battles

You know OP, I think you are too quick to pass judgement based on some sketchy info. It might be an old player returning to the game, it might have some other explanation.

As usual, the path of less resistance is to blame others. It is easier to put the blame on someone else, than to come to terms with yourself and the issues you have. Even more difficult, to change yourself

[O7]
Members
1,514 posts
11,702 battles

a few ranked seasons ago i had a yueyang accuse an enemy z52 of hacking because the yueyangs torps didnt hurt the z52 :)

• Funny 1

[AAA]
Members
447 posts
17,562 battles

This.

People with 200 battles playing T9 premiums and T10s.

Constant ROFL stomps.

Power creep.

Broken things in game. 

Broken things in game added to game modes where they should not be.

But what else is new?

Seems fine.

[--O--]
Members
994 posts
26 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

You know OP, I think you are too quick to pass judgement based on some sketchy info. It might be an old player returning to the game, it might have some other explanation.

As usual, the path of less resistance is to blame others. It is easier to put the blame on someone else, than to come to terms with yourself and the issues you have. Even more difficult, to change yourself

The Only way I can do more is post the entire replay.... As it appears this is the only way to prove it so be it.

20200513_163041_PJSD598-Black-Asashio_19_OC_prey.wowsreplay

Members
4,251 posts
9,941 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

The problem with this game: the vast variety of people with different opinions about what constitutes 'the' problem with this game.

A zen-perfect comment: +1 Lert. ;)

I love the Asahio, the challenge. It's almost like playing a Uboot stalking those heavies and closing on them. I play it daily, win draw or lose.

Newbs at tiers higher than they "should be" are all part of the matrix in here, fish food for the high-tier sharks--why not? RL fleets suffer decimation of top commanders and end up pushing inexperienced captains into the fray, if you need a *real life* justification for this in-game. Forge onwards. Love of ships at sea trumps all sez I.

Edited by Stauffenberg44

[SALVO]
Members
8,214 posts
6,098 battles
13 minutes ago, Mustangrde1 said:

The Only way I can do more is post the entire replay.... As it appears this is the only way to prove it so be it.

20200513_163041_PJSD598-Black-Asashio_19_OC_prey.wowsreplay

It is a matter of attitude and perspective. It isn't about if the guy meant or didn't meant something. It is about your reaction which is to deny the guy the right to access content based on criteria that fulfills and benefits your personal pov.

• Boring 1

[12TF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,224 posts

In his defense, I dont see Asashios too often.  I love to play mine but seeing another one isnt exactly common.

Members
5,723 posts
11,145 battles

I have over 6K games but I can't memorize all of the cruisers that have radar, torpedoes, and what DDs have deep water torps.  I can't go by ship nation because too many of them sound like they are from one nation but are actually another.  I am not a professional gamer and I have wife and kids and don't have the time to just stare at ship stats and try and memorize them.  This largely has zero to do with too little games.

• Cool 1

[FML]
Members
4,163 posts
16,121 battles
6 hours ago, Mustangrde1 said:

wow.jpg

You presume that playing a larger number of games would increase a player’s intelligence, or at least their recall of particular facts/minutae. I don’t think that would have any positive impact at all, as the key thing holding back bad players is not experience, it’s a growth mindset combined with curiosity and a desire to improve. You can’t force those characters into a person, otherwise governments would have done it long ago and largely abolished their welfare systems. 

Members
4,479 posts
19,839 battles
6 hours ago, Mustangrde1 said:

It would be far more beneficiary IMO to require at minimum X-number of games before you can progress to the next level say at least 50 thats 500 to get to t-10.

And make it retroactive. Anyone/everyone who's already at tier 10 when/if something like this is implemented has to start at tier 1, just like a new player, and unlock each tier up to 10. 

Edited by ReddNekk

[CNO]
Members
6,585 posts
19,771 battles

Had a cruiser captain cuss me to no end as we came into contact, stopping him dead in the water broadside to eight torpedoes.  He had no chance of dodging because we collided.   I found a bit of humor watching all eight Asashio torps slide underneath him.  Would have paid a pretty penny to see his expression go from "OH crap...I'm dead....to...what the...what just happened".  

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
39,026 battles
7 hours ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Maybe there is more to the conversation, but from what you captured, I think the Gearing was telling Asashio that he has DW torps, not asking if he does. 

That's how i read it. Gearing player sounds testy saying that Asashio player = moron for not knowing what his torps can/cannot do.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,645 posts
18,961 battles

Last week I had a friendly Assachio launch his 20 km torps from behind me while I was sitting in smoke in my Payfast. They slid under my ship without issue but kept going striking and killing an enemy Tirpitz that was charging my smoke. The Tirpitz captain then asked in chat when the Belfast got torps. Both teams responses were comical and I really believed the Tirpitz captain thought I had launched torpedoes. 

There's so many ships in the game I can't remember every individual gimmick. But as someone who likes battleships, and has reached T8, I certainly know what the Assachio is and what it can do. I can only assume the Tirpitz commander bought the ship and jumped to T8 before he was ready, and got blapped for it. Guys like that are keeping the game's lights on but honestly it does hurt game play, especially ranked. 

image.jpeg.04c13f9c7c0ebcf07a4b8d7aa8a48cf3.jpeg