You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Roberto577_One

WG removed premium consumables?

26 comments in this topic

Members
88 posts
1,070 battles

Bravo, WG, really. That's just one thing that makes it easier for F2P players, and all players in general. Now you can make more credits without having to sacrifice competitiveness or vice versa. Maybe WG does care about the player base lol.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,629 battles
16 minutes ago, Roberto577_One said:

Bravo, WG, really. That's just one thing that makes it easier for F2P players, and all players in general. Now you can make more credits without having to sacrifice competitiveness or vice versa. Maybe WG does care about the player base lol.

Aloha,

Players will also note that replenishment costs for CVs has also been reduced because of this change. Overall everyone should see a credit savings.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Members
88 posts
1,070 battles
Just now, Hapa_Fodder said:

Aloha,

Players will also note that replenishment costs for CVs has also been reduced because of this change. Overall everyone should see a credit savings.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Thank you for the straight response, if everyone else's troll replies were that CV's would also get the costs reduced, I couldn't care less.

• Cool 1

Members
88 posts
1,070 battles
2 minutes ago, Aaron_S_Merrill said:

Posters that don't bother to read the game news tend to get snarky responses.  If you had read the news you'd realize that you now get premium consumables for free, which is a good thing. Fell a bit silly now?

No, I don't feel silly. I just started playing WoWS again yesterday, and I rarely use these forums anyways. When I do, it's appreciated if I can get a straight up answer instead of others trying to be OmInOuS aNd MaKe Me FeEl StUpId.

Edited by Roberto577_One
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Members
88 posts
1,070 battles
4 minutes ago, Slumlord_Dasboot said:

Its only been on the forums for the last month. 

As I just said in the previous reply, I just rejoined WoWS, and rarely use these forums anyways.

I can appreciate someone joking around a bit, but not if they insist on trolling me without answering my original question.

Edited by Roberto577_One

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,629 battles

Folks,

People don't need to be shamed, he asked a question, an answer is just as simple as the trolling.

-Hapa

• Cool 5

Members
88 posts
1,070 battles
Just now, Hapa_Fodder said:

Folks,

People don't need to be shamed, he asked a question, an answer is just as simple as the trolling.

-Hapa

Thank you. I'm sorry if it doesn't seem like I don't have patience for jokes or harmless trolls, I do, but I appreciate having my question answered too.

• Boring 1

[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,629 battles
Just now, Roberto577_One said:

Thank you. I'm sorry if it doesn't seem like I don't have patience for jokes or harmless trolls, I do, but I appreciate having my question answered too.

No worries.

-Hapa

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,295 posts
4,773 battles
17 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

They have?  Is this in the Update notes?

Ah yes.  I found it. 

Since aircraft carriers have no enhanced consumables, their parameters won't change, and the cost of servicing aircraft carriers has been adjusted to make it equal relative to other ship types. For example, the cost of servicing Tier X aircraft carriers will be reduced from 240,000 to 180,000 credits.

Edited by iDuckman
  • Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
10 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

This was in the patch notes ... all I saw on it.

ac.jpg

Edited by DocWalker

Members
739 posts
7,780 battles
3 hours ago, Roberto577_One said:

More importantly you no longer have potatoes trying to save 22k credits by running basic repair/healing consumables on their t10 battleships.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,295 posts
4,773 battles

Plus I got a 44M Cr kickback on one account...

[JN316]
[JN316]
Members
2 posts
13,547 battles

I logged on and it said "one container removed", and then "69,300,100 credits gained". What in the world? Okay... So I guess it cashed out all my unused consumables...

Cool.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,239 posts

For a guy who's never run premium consumables much, the new ones seem to reload amazingly fast.

image.png.f67dd9309d22347dea08d7f6bfe913b9.png

Edited by Snargfargle

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

Thread title not quite what happened. 

The old regular consumables were removed, and the old premium consumables became the only version of each. 

[SGSS]
Members
6,215 posts
21 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Aloha,

Mahalo,

-Hapa

I can finally take Midway out!

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,239 posts
5 hours ago, Roberto577_One said:

Massa much?

The Massachusetts has a fast cooldown but with the new consumables it's really fast.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,239 posts
5 hours ago, jags_domain said:

I can finally take Midway out!

I've done some tests of this. You can now break even in the Midway in one of four ways.

1. Run a premium permacamo -- this will give you sufficient economy no matter how you play.
  2. Run a premium account -- ditto.
  3. Have the max clan bonuses, run all the eco signal flags, and do moderately well on the winning team.
  4. Do really well in a match, even on the losing team -- I usually opt for one of the above options instead. 
Edited by Snargfargle
  • Funny 1

[WKY19]
Beta Testers
2,144 posts
14,572 battles
On 5/13/2020 at 5:53 PM, iDuckman said:

Ah yes.  I found it. 

There would have been a bit of an uproar if they didn't, given their justification for CVs having higher servicing costs was not having premium consumables.

Certainly nice to be able to play my Worcester without going bankrupt though.

[SPFL]
Members
26 posts

Sadly all this did was allow the potatoes the ability to play higher tiers and ruin the fun of the game. Nothing like seeing 90% of the team sitting on the H10 line for an entire game. Seen way to many one way matches since this patch that I can only attribute to this change. Honestly they should have left it the way it was. At least it helped keep those people who are complete potatoes from spamming T8-10 games and forced them to grind the credits needed to play at least one or two game. Now they can play unimpeded. Just another reason I am walking away from this game. WG has been slowly killing this game since the PR incident in my eyes. 

• Boring 1

[WKY19]
Beta Testers
2,144 posts
14,572 battles
2 hours ago, Bers1124 said:

Sadly all this did was allow the potatoes the ability to play higher tiers and ruin the fun of the game. Nothing like seeing 90% of the team sitting on the H10 line for an entire game. Seen way to many one way matches since this patch that I can only attribute to this change. Honestly they should have left it the way it was. At least it helped keep those people who are complete potatoes from spamming T8-10 games and forced them to grind the credits needed to play at least one or two game. Now they can play unimpeded. Just another reason I am walking away from this game. WG has been slowly killing this game since the PR incident in my eyes. 

They were doing that regardless of premium consumables or not.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
30,867 posts
25,982 battles

I've had some issues with what's been going on with the game for a while now, but I really welcome the changes to consumables.  Most especially guys that are PVE oriented.