You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Midshipman_Hornblower

You won't see this often...

15 comments in this topic

[TORCH]
Members
594 posts
14,840 battles

At max range, ONE single hit with German 150mm HE, and the result is...

Dev Strike!

Nurnberg DevStrike.png

Edited by Midshipman_Hornblower
  • Funny 3

Members
4,360 posts
11,269 battles

There are plenty of newer threads, although the search feature has never been great at always pulling up the threads you want to find. 

To answer your questions: 

Moskva is leaving the tree in 9.5, and will become a ‘special’ ship (like Smolensk/Thunderer/Stalingrad/etc. basically any t10 ‘premium’). Like any other t10 special, special Moskva will have a 50% service reduction baked into the hull (so a 90k service cost compared to a standard tech tree t10 with 180k). If you have researched her at any point before that change you will get the new version of Moskva. You don’t need to purchase Moskva, and WG has actually recommended not buying her since there will be no credit compensation for people that own her. 

If you didn’t own the permacamo for Moskva, you will get the standard t10 permacamo (with the standard additional 50% reduction, bringing your service cost to 45k, compared to a stock tech tree t10 at 180k/90k without/with the permacamo) when the split happens. Any permacamos mounted on Moskva (standard, Aurora, or Filth linkable camo) will stay on Moskva with no compensation of doubloon value or replacement permacamo for the ship replacing Moskva in the tree. Nevsky will be taking Moskva’s place as the t10 cruiser in the main branch at the same time, and we will have to grind it from Donskoi if we want it. Any captain specialized for Moskva will remain trained for Moskva, but they can be retrained for another ship and still used on Moskva (since special Moskva has the same ‘no retraining needed’ aspect of all premiums and specials).

If you do not have or get Moskva before the split, special Moskva will be in the armory for coal (no price given yet, but assume around 244k like the other t10 coal ships). It may be added right in 9.5 when tech tree Moskva leaves, or there may be an exclusivity period before it becomes available for purchase.

If you use free xp (which I would recommend doing right before the split if you don’t get enough xp), you will be using free xp to get a t10 special ship and saving 240k+ coal. You will still need to grind the replacement t10 CL (Nevsky) and the sub branch CAs (starting off of Shchors) if you don’t get any of the early access ships.

The same thing is happening for Kirov at t5.

• Funny 1
  • Confused 1

Members
38 posts
237 battles
Just now, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

There are plenty of newer threads, although the search feature has never been great at always pulling up the threads you want to find. 

To answer your questions: 

Moskva is leaving the tree in 9.5, and will become a ‘special’ ship (like Smolensk/Thunderer/Stalingrad/etc. basically any t10 ‘premium’). Like any other t10 special, special Moskva will have a 50% service reduction baked into the hull (so a 90k service cost compared to a standard tech tree t10 with 180k). If you have researched her at any point before that change you will get the new version of Moskva. You don’t need to purchase Moskva, and WG has actually recommended not buying her since there will be no credit compensation for people that own her. 

If you didn’t own the permacamo for Moskva, you will get the standard t10 permacamo (with the standard additional 50% reduction, bringing your service cost to 45k, compared to a stock tech tree t10 at 180k/90k without/with the permacamo) when the split happens. Any permacamos mounted on Moskva (standard, Aurora, or Filth linkable camo) will stay on Moskva with no compensation of doubloon value or replacement permacamo for the ship replacing Moskva in the tree. Nevsky will be taking Moskva’s place as the t10 cruiser in the main branch at the same time, and we will have to grind it from Donskoi if we want it. Any captain specialized for Moskva will remain trained for Moskva, but they can be retrained for another ship and still used on Moskva (since special Moskva has the same ‘no retraining needed’ aspect of all premiums and specials).

If you do not have or get Moskva before the split, special Moskva will be in the armory for coal (no price given yet, but assume around 244k like the other t10 coal ships). It may be added right in 9.5 when tech tree Moskva leaves, or there may be an exclusivity period before it becomes available for purchase.

If you use free xp (which I would recommend doing right before the split if you don’t get enough xp), you will be using free xp to get a t10 special ship and saving 240k+ coal. You will still need to grind the replacement t10 CL (Nevsky) and the sub branch CAs (starting off of Shchors) if you don’t get any of the early access ships.

The same thing is happening for Kirov at t5.

That took you some time to type... I too saw the first (pre-edit) version of OP, but decided to ignore it as trolling. Turns out our poster had something different in mind. :)

• Funny 1

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
809 posts
9,692 battles

That is actually a detonation, not a devastating strike, but congrats anyway OP

[TORCH]
Members
594 posts
14,840 battles
35 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

That is actually a detonation, not a devastating strike, but congrats anyway OP

It was both.  I got a dev strike; Omaha got a det.  But either way, I'd say my day was going better than his.

[TORCH]
Members
594 posts
14,840 battles
1 hour ago, _Draklor_ said:

I too saw the first (pre-edit) version of OP, but decided to ignore it as trolling. Turns out our poster had something different in mind. :)

I sure did.  That original is something I posted several days ago.  I have NO idea how the two threads got entangled like that.  I typed a message, hit post, and what appears was my post from several days back.  I cursed, hit edit, and retyped what I had originally intended.  I HOPED I'd done it fast enough that no one would be confused, but...no.

On the bright side, I got a very nice answer to my previous question.

The ways of computers never cease to amaze and confound...

• Cool 2

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
3,755 posts
11,770 battles

LoL! To the contrary I used to see this very often. I'm surprised that Omaha didn't get his detonation flags..

Members
38 posts
237 battles
6 minutes ago, Midshipman_Hornblower said:

I sure did.  That original is something I posted several days ago.  I have NO idea how the two threads got entangled like that.  I typed a message, hit post, and what appears was my post from several days back.  I cursed, hit edit, and retyped what I had originally intended.  I HOPED I'd done it fast enough that no one would be confused, but...no.

On the bright side, I got a very nice answer to my previous question.

The ways of computers never cease to amaze and confound...

Still, I had a good laugh when I saw that old post combined with current topic title. I almost taught "this guy is to good to joke with" so I decided to stay away from a presumably perfect troll. :)

[PHD]
Members
1,514 posts
6,444 battles
23 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

LoL! To the contrary I used to see this very often. I'm surprised that Omaha didn't get his detonation flags..

I thought they come with them standard now.:Smile_hiding:

[NEMO]
Members
127 posts
11,242 battles
2 hours ago, Crokodone said:

The Ford Pinto of the high seas.

[TORCH]
Members
594 posts
14,840 battles
1 hour ago, DrHolmes52 said:

And they say German HE damage is low.

Funny, I had exactly the same thought.

Just doing the math in my head, that 15K damage is, what, about 30X what a penetrating, non-citadel hit "should" have done.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,891 posts
17,938 battles
19 hours ago, Versili said:

It's an Omaha ....like match box soaked in gasoline. Lol.

^^^this^^^

The six inch shell penetrated the armor, found the magazine, exploded....set off the magazine for a  (much much much much bigger) explosion...ergo...detonation.

Two statistics also at play.  To get a det, one must be below 75% health.  Omaha was at about 65%...oh what a difference 10% health can make these days.

To get a Devastating Strike, the damage must exceed 50%.

So...to get both a det and a DS, the health range must be 50% to 75%.  Omaha, in this case, was 65%...so met both criteria very nicely.

• Cool 1

[_BDA_]
Members
58 posts
3,147 battles

I actually did the same thing but I was in a Furutaka. I fired 2 he shells at an Omaha and boom, dev struck. It only after the match had ended that I realized that I detonated him

Edited by cheekywarship2018