Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

6 comments in this topic

Members
23 posts
2,840 battles

Just like at the lowest tiers you have no more than +1 tier you face, set tier 8 to never get above t9.   No more t8 vs. t10.  The power gap between t8 and 10 is huge compared to 7 vs 9, and even that is brutal enough.  T10 vs T10 and ONLY vs T10.

Or better yet, give me a MM option to NEVER match +/- 2 tiers.  I'd rather sit in queue 10 minutes than get matched in 30 seconds at +2 tiers.

Edited by Original_Digital_Terror

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,626 posts
4,984 battles
20 minutes ago, Original_Digital_Terror said:

Just like at the lowest tiers you have no more than +1 tier you face, set tier 8 to never get above t9.   No more t8 vs. t10.  The power gap between t8 and 10 is huge compared to 7 vs 9, and even that is brutal enough.  T10 vs T10 and ONLY vs T10.

Or better yet, give me a MM option to NEVER match +/- 2 tiers.  I'd rather sit in queue 10 minutes than get matched in 30 seconds at +2 tiers.

Tier VIII vs Tier X is more balanced than Tier VII vs Tier VIII.  The two major upgrades that happen going from Tier VII to Tier VIII make the contest between ships of those two tiers more lopsided than any other tier break in the game.  32mm plating means that all Tier VIII BBs can bow tank all Tier VII BBs and 26mm plating means no Tier VII BB can bow tank any Tier VIII BB.  The concealment module means that Tier VIII DDs are stealthier than Tier VII DDs and, by virtue of being a tier higher, have improved health and DPM.  Yes, Tier VIII cruisers are not that big of a jump, but the overall effect is that Tier VIII stomps all over Tier VII.

Because of how popular Tier X is most Tier IXs would be pulled into Tier X matches, that leaves Tier VIIIs needing to fill out their matches, which results in drawing Tier VIIs into excessive numbers of Tier VIII matches.

The change that was done to MM to ensure no more than 40% of matches are bottom tier is more than enough for Tier VIII.  It already made Tier VII miserable because Tier VII in a Tier VIII match is considered mid tier and that can happen 100% of the time.

Members
23 posts
2,840 battles

That's why I said T10 vs. T10 and ONLY vs. T10.  I'd much rather sit in queue for a long time than get yanked into a +2 match regardless of what Tier I'm playing at.  +1, not so bad even at the 7-8 you mention.  +2 matches need to be done away with completely in the MM, or seriously reduced.  8 of the last 20 is 6 too many.  2 of 20 (10%) would be ok.

I just looked at several T7 and T8 dd.  Several of them (both IJN lines in particular) go DOWN in artillery score vs. their t7 predecessor.  Of the rest I looked at, what the T8 got was a very small boost, not all that significant a DPM increase.  Point is, going from 7 to 8 is not that significant an increase.  More health, yes.  Slightly more DPM in some cases, same or perhaps slightly less in others.  More stealth...not necessarily.  Higher tiers usually have a higher base detect radius, which when you apply the extra stealth reduction module it just brings it back down to equal to the lower tier.  Higher tier DD frequently have longer reload times on their admittedly far harder hitting torpedos.

As for bb's...all I can say re. bow tanking....Pyotr Velikiy (t5) laughs at all you peasants (can bow tank a t10)

Edited by Original_Digital_Terror

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

is never going to happen... +/-2 is there by design..

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,626 posts
4,984 battles
On 5/13/2020 at 2:22 PM, Original_Digital_Terror said:

That's why I said T10 vs. T10 and ONLY vs. T10.  I'd much rather sit in queue for a long time than get yanked into a +2 match regardless of what Tier I'm playing at.  +1, not so bad even at the 7-8 you mention.  +2 matches need to be done away with completely in the MM, or seriously reduced.  8 of the last 20 is 6 too many.  2 of 20 (10%) would be ok.

I just looked at several T7 and T8 dd.  Several of them (both IJN lines in particular) go DOWN in artillery score vs. their t7 predecessor.  Of the rest I looked at, what the T8 got was a very small boost, not all that significant a DPM increase.  Point is, going from 7 to 8 is not that significant an increase.  More health, yes.  Slightly more DPM in some cases, same or perhaps slightly less in others.  More stealth...not necessarily.  Higher tiers usually have a higher base detect radius, which when you apply the extra stealth reduction module it just brings it back down to equal to the lower tier.  Higher tier DD frequently have longer reload times on their admittedly far harder hitting torpedos.

As for bb's...all I can say re. bow tanking....Pyotr Velikiy (t5) laughs at all you peasants (can bow tank a t10)

The "scores" listed by WG are nigh meaningless.  Clemson's artillery rating goes up by a whopping 1 when you double her barrel count from 4x1 to 4x2.  WG's rating system gives almost no value to the borderline OP IJN 100mm guns.  You cannot make any realistic assessment from the values WG assigns the various traits.

Members
23 posts
2,840 battles

Which is a point totally irrelevant to the issue.  T10 should only be matching against T10, never T9 or T8.  T9 should never drop below T8.  Just like the lowest tiers match same or no more than +/- 1, the same needs to be done at the highest tiers.  Further, +2 matches need to be reduced in frequency DRASTICALLY.  As a DD player, I can say without hesitation that the things that destroy the enjoyment of the game are getting matched +2 tiers 40% of the time (should be a max of 10%), surveillance radar (which has no counter of any sort...and dont' give that tired [edited] of just keep your distance.  Can't get in torp range w/o getting radar tagged.)  and then waaaaaay down the list are cvs.  They aren't even in the top 5 things that kill game enjoyment as a dd.  The #1, #2, and #3 spots are all taken solidly by +2 tier matchups.

Sign in to follow this