Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

RU Cruiser Line Split Part 1 / Stage 1 Progress Thread (PVE Thread)

29 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
14,005 posts
29,565 battles

So the RU Cruiser line split part 1 is upon us and with it the usual early access event. I have completed the 1st stage (every task possible for Co-op but the 18K BXP one which is 3/4 done) plus all the missions for the 3 new Premiums for the extra tokens (525 in total). Those along with getting some really good RNG in the event crates (300 a couple of times) and RNG bundles from the Armory (no I will not say how many I bought - I used to but too many attacked me over it so I no longer do) I already have all the ships and camos.

Unfortunately I may not be able to play much longer before needing to take a break for a while as I did back in 2017 due to health issues. Still hope the treatments I am getting will get things back under control with no interruption in playing but I don't feel very good so I just can't say. Because of that I decided I better grab everything as fast as I could. Grabbed the 3 new ships that helped with tokens and missions and bought those Armory bundles I honestly would have passed on otherwise as the stuff besides tokens is very poor. Got lucky and got the 700 and the 4 150's  fairly early so I made out ok in the end. I don't need to finish everything now to get all the goodies if I need to take a break. (no need for well wishes just explaining not looking for sympathy).

So...

nVqW3En.jpg

T5 Premium Mikoyan:

Spoiler

Kind of a weak ship. Pretty much a Kirov with only 6 guns and the same crap armor and handling. Not horrible but kind of meh. Hopefully I can finish the entire event and earn it for Doubloon compensation.

n9qtt88.jpg

T8 Premium Ochakov:

Spoiler

This ship reminds me of a poor man's Russian version of the French T8 Cruiser Bayard. Looks very similar but is 4X2 152MM instead of 4X3 152MM and it has radar which Bayard doesn't. Plays very similar. I greatly prefer Bayard to this but it is decent. Very squishy though so need to be careful.

jBAyRHF.jpg

T8 Premium Pyotr Bagration:

Spoiler

This one seems pretty good. The guns are brutal and for an RU Cruiser it is a little tanky. I can see me playing this one because I want to.

y8FUByO.jpg

T8 Tech Tree Tallinn w/ special "Soviet" event camo:

Spoiler

Have not played yet. Need to decide on a Capt and such. Will post a follow up later.

UPDATE - have played a few games. This one is "ok" but nothing special it seems. Very sluggish. Good concealment which you need as it doesn't take getting hit well. Throws a ton of shells out there and they hit hard; especially the AP. Only 45K avg damage so far. Could be the MM and just not a lot of chance early on but it doesn't feel massively strong as some said on streams and replays. Need more time with it.

mVFV0zX.jpg

T9 Tech Tree Riga w/ special "Soviet" event camo:

Spoiler

Have not played yet. Need to decide on a Capt and such. Will post a follow up later

Update - got a couple games in and this one is very strong. 93K avg so far. The AP on this thing hits like a BB. It is very sluggish though so if your side gets exposed it is hard to recover quick and the citadel is humungous!!! Angled however you can bounce a ton of shots. I absolutely wrecked an Amagi by charging it and bouncing all it's shells multiple times and then spanking it on the driveby. This ships feels pretty good so far anyway.

Decided to put the RU Dasha I had in reserves on it as the Capt. Bumped it to 12 pts from the 10 for a base build and will run it on Tallinn and Riga while they are "premium" to build it up faster. Ultimately it will stay on Riga.

ZLhKklv.jpg

T10 Petropavlovsk special "Soviet: event camo:

Spoiler

No picture of it on the ship obviously as it isn't out yet but have it in inventory for when it is available. 

Ka84swh.jpg

So how goes it for the rest of you? If I am not around for a while I wish you the best of luck in the event and will get back on as soon as I can. Should at least be around for a few more days while we see if the treatments help. 

Get after it guys. :Smile_izmena:

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 9

[WOLFC]
Members
259 posts
10,464 battles

Yes, please take care of yourself. You are awesome! When I see one of your posts they are the first thing I click on when I come to the forums. Its amazing to me  the missions you complete just in co-op and rarely step foot in randumbs.   Also, I am one of your serial up-voters. :Smile_smile: 

Edited by JBR40

[ARGSY]
Members
24,533 posts
18,537 battles
36 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

So how goes it for the rest of you?

Still at work; looking forward to getting home, installing the update, and doing my usual analysis of the directives. Still, if you can get the first directive all done in one day of play, it can't be that bad.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[WOLF5]
Members
1,514 posts
11,174 battles

Best wishes @AdmiralThunder and hope to be battling with you again soon™. 

[SOFOP]
Members
2,492 posts
15,446 battles

1 crate so far (since the 4 from the PTS were apparently something different?)...and got 5 tokens.  Almost done with the stage so 4 more containers coming shortly.

[PVE]
Members
14,005 posts
29,565 battles
7 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

1 crate so far (since the 4 from the PTS were apparently something different?)...and got 5 tokens.  Almost done with the stage so 4 more containers coming shortly.

It's X6 for finishing the 1st stage and you can get 3 from individual tasks.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,334 posts
24,830 battles

Take care of yourself @AdmiralThunder

As for me , I balanced out your luck completely.  I just finished Directive 1 and got 8 crates .....15,10,5,25,5,5,5,5  for a total 75 tokens out of 8 crates (not even a 10 average).  And my first bundle in the armory for 500 dubloons is a 15 - so that will stay there.

At this rate I won't even get the second prize - Tallinn Camo, since the first is a guarantee if I finish all the directives.

[WOLF8]
Members
8,129 posts
6,782 battles

Wow, excellent job, Admiral. You did all that in one day? Noice. Well done. :Smile_great:

I hope you get better soon. Please take care of yourself. :Smile_honoring:

[RVNHQ]
Members
433 posts
12,085 battles

I had such low expectations and yet I am still disappointed. A whole day worth of grinding only yielded 70 tokens. (That event survey can not come any sooner.)

The worst of the worst were also out in full force. Between YOLO'ing Benhams or carriers swooping around the map farming spotting ribbons then sitting idle. Only highlight of the evening was outdoing the new Soviet bias cruiser Pyotr Bagration with Mainz, whom rewarded me with negative karma.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,355 posts
28,834 battles

No grinding just playing my normal day, completed 4/5 in stage 1 with 2 more probably completed tomorrow morning.

[BEA5T]
Members
5,308 posts
24,204 battles
7 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

So the RU Cruiser line split part 1 is upon us and with it the usual early access event. I have completed the 1st stage (every task possible for Co-op but the 18K BXP one which is 3/4 done) plus all the missions for the 3 new Premiums for the extra tokens (525 in total). Those along with getting some really good RNG in the event crates (300 a couple of times) and RNG bundles from the Armory (no I will not say how many I bought - I used to but too many attacked me over it so I no longer do) I already have all the ships and camos.

Unfortunately I may not be able to play much longer before needing to take a break for a while as I did back in 2017 due to health issues. Still hope the treatments I am getting will get things back under control with no interruption in playing but I don't feel very good so I just can't say. Because of that I decided I better grab everything as fast as I could. Grabbed the 3 new ships that helped with tokens and missions and bought those Armory bundles I honestly would have passed on otherwise as the stuff besides tokens is very poor. Got lucky and got the 700 and the 4 150's  fairly early so I made out ok in the end. I don't need to finish everything now to get all the goodies if I need to take a break. (no need for well wishes just explaining not looking for sympathy).

So how goes it for the rest of you? If I am not around for a while I wish you the best of luck in the event and will get back on as soon as I can. Should at least be around for a few more days while we see if the treatments help. 

Get after it guys. :Smile_izmena:

Stage one done with the 18K at the same point you are.

I don't buy the early release ships so I only took on the COOP six tasks.  The event "feels" more like a 2018 Event than what we have seen in 2019 and the first quarter of 2020....  A good change for me.  I'll muck about for the next several days and see if Stage 2 goes as well.   As far as Tokens, without buying anything, I'm sitting at 75 from all of the crates from the event.

As far as not feeling well, I wish this rough spot passes fast for you.  I hated being broken and I'm a terrible, terrible patient.........  So, listen to advice and take care of yourself !!!  :Smile_playing:

Edited by Asym_KS

[WOLFG]
Members
12,719 posts
11,838 battles

400 hits:  2 games in the Jean Bart.

Most of the damage.  Over a third on the rest, minus the bxp mission.

[ARGSY]
Members
24,533 posts
18,537 battles

Damage task done (across the whole night), 400 hits done (95% in one battle in the Smolensk, which is what I got her for - coal well spent), 12 spots done in two CV games (slightly in the red in both battles for various reasons; worth it). 

Apart from the spotting missions, I concentrated on Tier 8+ cruisers with torpedoes so I could continue to work on the cash mission in Stage 4 of the Jerzy campaign. Only one battle with a surviving enemy ship all night; that was a lone bot CV surviving in epicentre.

With only two missions required to finish this directive, I will probably go back to randoms and let the credits and base XP (1/3 done) complete there. 

One container from the 1 million damage mission: 15 tokens.

Members
2,126 posts
7,633 battles

I played 3 co-ops and then derped around with the Hoperations crew.

That got 2 of 5 done with 3 others about half way. 

Bad luck of the draw on containers though.  Mostly 5 tokens each.

Oh, wait!  I forgot the random I did with Dmitri Donskoi to cash in on 2 supercrates from the final mission of part two of Yo-mama-moto campaign.

25 dragons and (drum roll please).... 15,000 coal!  Yay me!  :cap_like:

[ARGSY]
Members
24,533 posts
18,537 battles
5 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

I didn't realize how much of it could be done in co-op.

Oh, it's all doable in co-op. The question is whether those who are willing are better off doing the economic tasks in PvP or going there for those really big all-in-one-battle tasks.

The more time you have on your hands, the better it is to keep kicking the bots - especially since there's a lot fewer credits and XP being left on the table in co-op now.  In addition, free universal premium consumables means no worry about loading premium DCP and repair all the time in co-op, so survivability and total damage tanked ought to rise.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[DVYJC]
Members
4,269 posts
10,968 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Oh, it's all doable in co-op. The question is whether those who are willing are better off doing the economic tasks in PvP. The more time you have on your hands, the better it is to keep kicking the bots - especially since there's a lot fewer credits and XP being left on the table in co-op now. 

The funny thing is that there are a lot of tasks that for me are actually easier in Randoms - damage, spotting damage, main battery hits, secondary battery hits. I think torpedo hits are the only thing that are easier for me in co-op.

[KMK]
Members
366 posts
13,971 battles

I hope you get well soon @AdmiralThunder

One question, it's possible hide the special Soviet camo? (and show the standard permanent camouflage)

About the first directive, my RNG was bad: 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 25, 5, 5 (not finished the base exp, but sure another 5 token XD)

:Smile_honoring: (sorry my english)

[WOLFG]
Members
12,719 posts
11,838 battles

3 done.  Torps/cits and credits left (plus BXP).

Tough day for cits.  When you get more from one game in your T-22 than your BBs, combined, you know RNG is giving you the finger.

(And god bless Emeralds).

[RVNHQ]
Members
433 posts
12,085 battles
1 minute ago, DrHolmes52 said:

3 done.  Torps/cits and credits left (plus BXP).

Tough day for cits.  When you get more from one game in your T-22 than your BBs, combined, you know RNG is giving you the finger.

(And god bless Emeralds).

British event taught me to use Konigsberg for citadel missions. German AP is monstrous and you will often see tier IV and V ships, like the Emerald. I completed a directive in one game farming a bot Langley.

Sign in to follow this