Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Tantallon

Bias confirmed?

13 comments in this topic

[JHSAV]
Beta Testers
39 posts
9,106 battles

I ponder why certain Russian ships have a radar  reach of 12km (look them up yourselves https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Surveillance_Radar_Data) whhen the closest competition maxes out at 10km, and the Belfast has a paltry 8.5km despite tha FACT that

• Confused 1

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

Nothing new, russian cruisers have always had this.  Its long range, short duration.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,160 posts
19,031 battles
40 minutes ago, Tantallon said:

I ponder why certain Russian ships have a radar  reach of 12km (look them up yourselves https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Surveillance_Radar_Data) whhen the closest competition maxes out at 10km, and the Belfast has a paltry 8.5km despite tha FACT that

USN bias! USN radar lasts 40 seconds, Russian radar only 30. Bias! Bias!

• Funny 6
  • Boring 1

[-KIA-]
Members
2,290 posts
14,205 battles
7 minutes ago, Lert said:

USN bias! USN radar lasts 40 seconds, Russian radar only 30. Bias! Bias!

Or in the case of the latest ones, only 15 seconds!

[LSNB]
Members
1,587 posts
4,409 battles

Everyone complains about Russian Bias, yet USN bias is okay?

Edited by destawaits

Members
877 posts
6,656 battles

I use neither the US nor Soviet lines, so a pox on both your houses!!  :Smile_izmena::Smile-_tongue:

If they'd just fix spotters (a problem from before this release BTW), I'd be happier.  Spotters didn't extend the LoS of your ship.  They actually spotted.  In that, radar works like spotters should.  How spotter planes should work is they circle out about 8-10km from their ship and they can see normally per plane sighting rules.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,160 posts
19,031 battles
37 minutes ago, destawaits said:

Everyone complains about Russian Bias, yet USN bias is okay?

Because everybody loves the home team and will rationalize away anything.

Edited by Lert
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
625 posts
19,884 battles
1 hour ago, Tantallon said:

so you're arguing for belfast buffs, gotcha

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
3 minutes ago, Lert said:

Because everybody loves the home team and will excuse away anything.

Some of us Americans do have a favorite navy other than USN in the game. IJN would be my favorite overall, while USN, RN, KM, make up most of the rest of what I use, and Italy, Pan Asian, and France has some usage as well. I do not use Russian, barely have used Pan Asian, have not used EU, or any other the other assorted weakly represented navies in the game.

I use only the top navies of WWI-WWII.  Which means IJN, USN, RN, KM, French, and Italian.

Now Russian ships in game I really have to wonder how they got so over powered when in reality their ships would often have this as status normal even often  without enemy attacks against them. ( Their focus has typically been land and air forces over naval forces although Cold War they finally did get a respectable navy.)

51F1DE55-7FA7-4F9C-8E83-8D7D645765D9.thumb.jpeg.250c6c79cbcc1f900207ebe4e353cbb2.jpeg

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,160 posts
19,031 battles
Just now, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Now Russian ships in game I really have to wonder how they got so over powered when in reality their ships would often have this as status normal even often  without enemy attacks against them.

1. Russian ships on the whole are not as OP as people argue. Some are, yes, but those are just individuals, and I'd argue USN has more OP singular ships.
  2. People cite history as reason why they think Russian ships overperform, in their eyes. This game has nothing to do with history. Nothing in this game functions as in history. The collections of pixels we drove only have a skin-deep resemblance, at best.
  • Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:
  1. Russian ships on the whole are not as OP as people argue. Some are, yes, but those are just individuals, and I'd argue USN has more OP singular ships.
  2. People cite history as reason why they think Russian ships overperform, in their eyes. This game has nothing to do with history. Nothing in this game functions as in history. The collections of pixels we drove only have a skin-deep resemblance, at best.

When available WG does insert historical historical data into creating their vehicles right down to the internal structures. Had some friends run tests in tanks and we confirmed unanimously that the the tanks matched historical data in terms of armor layout and the placement of crew members, fuel tanks, engines, ammo storage, and any notable weaksoots from history.

Warships are a bit harder to test, but when available the data has been put into them like Yamato’s max effective AP shell range is the same. Not maximum firing range mind you, the max effective range which after figuring that out I only fire at that range or closer.

Trouble with the Russian ships is they either don’t even come close to matching the historical abilities on average, or worse never existed allowing WG to really go wild making in things up. I am sure even you have noticed some of the fictional ships they create being more OP at times than the historical ships which can be restrained because they have historical data put into them.

And if you want additional proof of WG using historical data, you might recall the development of RN DD line being delayed because the British were stalling on releasing the ship blueprints based on some aspects of WWII DDs being used in more modern RN DDs, but they finally were able to be granted access. If things were entirely fictional WG would not have needed to go to the trouble of obtaining blueprints when ever possible as all they would need is the exterior and would not need any internal data would they?

Now is the game a simulator, no absolutely not. But it does have more historical data put into it than people often give it credit for.

• Cool 2

Members
1,624 posts

last time that i checked the DM remains the best T10 cruiser around (according to Notser, actually he said the best ship in WoWS). That might change, with the Vladivostok though, will see. All the outrage around the Smolensk does not mask the fact that our dear Wooster is much, much better. So, USN CA/CL are better than the VMF equivalents. On DD, I believe that so far that the IJN are the best seconded by the Swedish, may be. On BB, well I do not have a clue...but please stop with all this Soviet bias hysteria until we evaluate the new VMF CA. Of note, LWM has not spoken yet!

Edited by loco_max
  • Boring 1

Sign in to follow this