Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

I Really Enjoy WOWS

29 comments in this topic

[CNO]
Members
6,601 posts
19,848 battles

I have lots of fun with all the ships.  Play almost every night.  I don't mind all the new releases.  And I'm sure there are those who look forward to every one of them.  But I'm still learning content for nigh a year ago, much less the release of the day.  So...a meme for the times:

fh.jpg.a30ee180c9c4c20903e2b852bf1a4ba8.jpg

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 10
  • Boring 1

[WG]
Administrator, Community Department, WG Staff
93 posts
536 battles

I feel this on soooo many levels, @Soshi_Sone. I am pretty new to the game, even though I have been in the industry since 2016. This looks like my WoWS learning experience so far, but I am loving every bit of it LOL :fish_cute_2:

• Cool 4

Members
131 posts
7,298 battles
6 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I have lots of fun with all the ships.  Play almost every night.  I don't mind all the new releases.  And I'm sure there are those who look forward to every one of them.  But I'm still learning content for nigh a year ago, much less the release of the day.  So...a meme for the times:

fh.jpg.a30ee180c9c4c20903e2b852bf1a4ba8.jpg

LOVE THIS!!!! And yes, it would be nice perhaps with WG slowed things down a little but who am I to judge.

[12TF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,259 posts

You have nearly 17K battles and you are behind the content?

[ARGSY]
Members
24,501 posts
18,502 battles
7 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

But I'm still learning content for nigh a year ago, much less the release of the day.

The day I run out of areas in which to improve in WOWS is the day I think about bidding the game goodbye. 

1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

Not everybody makes it their business to get to the top in every line as soon as is feasible. Some of us like a select few ships, or a central core of them, which slows down our acquisition of all content. Others are free to play and prefer to stop at no more than T7 or T8 to keep their credit balance healthy. 

[RLGN]
Members
16,232 posts
28,122 battles
3 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

PA destroyers out 2, 3 years now?

Chengan, Anshan, Lo Yang.

IKEA flat packs?

Gryf, Blyskawica, Friesland, 120 European Camos.

2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Not everybody makes it their business to get to the top in every line as soon as is feasible. Some of us like a select few ships, or a central core of them, which slows down our acquisition of all content. Others are free to play and prefer to stop at no more than T7 or T8 to keep their credit balance healthy. 

What EC said; to which I would add; some just don’t care for a particular line, or consider acquiring it a waste of time and effort.

[12TF]
9,259 posts
12 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The day I run out of areas in which to improve in WOWS is the day I think about bidding the game goodbye. 

6 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

IKEA flat packs?

What EC said; to which I would add; some just don’t care for a particular line, or consider acquiring it a waste of time and effort.

I can understand that but that's a choice.  It's picking and choosing what you want from the content.  That's different than WG putting content out so fast that you can't keep up.

I don't have near 17K matches but personally, I am usually looking forward to the new patches when they start being talked about.  I still have grinding to do for the ships, I might not have the T10 yet, but I have long since burned through the actual patch event content.

[ARGSY]
Members
2,015 posts
6,221 battles
13 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Once you have every perma camo for every ship ever to be released....then you can quit.

I have maybe 35 ships....mostly premium and rewards....only 7 tier Xs and can't really fathom getting into more stuff until I really can play those to a decent level. 19pt caps are a must these days in the high tiers.

Edited by Sumseaman

[12TF]
9,259 posts
2 minutes ago, Sumseaman said:

Once you have every perma camo for every ship ever to be released....then you can quit.

I have maybe 35 ships....mostly premium and rewards....only 7 tier Xs and can't really fathom getting into more stuff until I really can play those to a decent level. 19pt caps are a must these days in the high tiers.

Wait...there isn't 35 CVs...

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
2,015 posts
6,221 battles
2 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

You think CVs are my only troll ships? There's a Smolensk in there somewhere....

You always have a great attitude btw @Soshi_Sone! +1 All that stuff coming out of that hose though.....it's in your face.....your mouth....hair.... (gargle)

[12TF]
9,259 posts
Just now, Sumseaman said:

You think CVs are my only troll ships? There's a Smolensk in there somewhere....

You always have a great attitude btw @Soshi_Sone! +1 All that stuff coming out of that hose though.....it's in your face.....your mouth....hair.... (gargle)

I am going to have to notify the Multinational CV Association of Air Dropped Sunshine about this...

[ARGSY]
Members
24,501 posts
18,502 battles
4 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

My interest in the Pan-Asian destroyers stopped at the Gadjah Mada. That's a damn good DD IMHO, but beyond that the tier-to-tier national variation in their origin stops, and they feel too much like clones of their US counterparts which are nerfed by their inability to torpedo other destroyers. I wouldn't even have unlocked and bought Hsienyang if she hadn't been for steel snowflakes in 2019, though I've been giving her sort of a poke in co-op recently and seeing whether I consider her worth trying when I have credits to burn for her modules.

9 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

IKEA flat packs?

My suspicions that these would not turn out to be good ships for a co-op exclusive have IMHO been justified in spades. I got Visby and Vasteras in pre-release, and playing them in co-op with a bot-heavy team is a nightmare. I seem to be on one of my "Random Battles are the Best" benders, which I don't mind at all because I know I can sink back into 90% co-op when I feel worn out and that keeps things cool for me. I quite like them in Randoms, and I'm planning on going up at least to the Oland. I suspect perma-premium-consumables are going to make DD play a much more enjoyable experience for me.

5 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

:Smile_veryhappy:

[ARGSY]
Members
2,015 posts
6,221 battles
6 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I am going to have to notify the Multinational CV Association of Air Dropped Sunshine about this...

The MCVAADS is on my payroll. They will not listen to your ramblings!

[12TF]
9,259 posts
Just now, Sumseaman said:

The MCVAADS is on my payroll. They will not listen to your ramblings!

:Smile_veryhappy:

[RLGN]
Members
16,232 posts
28,122 battles
11 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

My suspicions that these would not turn out to be good ships for a co-op exclusive have IMHO been justified in spades.

Yes and no about Friesland.

I've had some unbelievable games, but it can be frustrating as hell if the other humans fold like wet drywall, or worse; don't even try. (Had an Izumo run off and hide in a game that would have been eaily won, if they'd done nothing more than just draw fire. The bats were all <25% heath. I could have easily burned them down, but the Izumo was so far out of position there wouldn't have been any spotting if I'd smoked up.)

I have carried a few games, but yeah; you pretty much have to hope all your 'allies,' bots or humans, aren't potatoes.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
24,501 posts
18,502 battles
6 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Yes and no about Friesland.

Oh I was talking about the Swedes specifically, not every ship labelled EU. Sorry, I should have been more explicit on that.

Friesland gives me to pause because of her total lack of massive alpha strike. I'd rather pay 2 million FXP for the Hayate than 1M for Friesland; at least the Hayate has overwhelming commonality with ships I already have and enjoy playing in co-op, but Friesland is too much of a gamble for the price IMHO. That being said, at the rate I'm currently accumulating FXP (I did not quite have 2 million when Smaland was released; over 2.2M now), I don't think it'll be too long before I have an extra million to play with and can contemplate either Friesland or Alaska... or whatever else might pop up.

The only reason I haven't got Hayate already is that I'm waiting to hear more about FDR and what her resource will be. If we get told officially that it's anything other than FXP, Hayate joins my fleet on the very next login.

8 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

The bats were all <25% heath. I could have easily burned them down, but...

I think you meant BOTS, but your typo gives me hilarious visions of vampire crossovers; roll on October.

• Funny 2

[RLGN]
Members
16,232 posts
28,122 battles
7 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Friesland gives me to pause because of her total lack of massive alpha strike.

I've had to learn to switch targets and go more for DoT, more so than I've done in the past, so good lesson learned.

Pretty much got it for the new campaign, didn't wan't the other Flat Packs, and didn't want to spend the 2mil for the other PE premium. (That would have effectively reduced my fxp to zero.)

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[12TF]
9,259 posts
19 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Oh I was talking about the Swedes specifically, not every ship labelled EU. Sorry, I should have been more explicit on that.

Friesland gives me to pause because of her total lack of massive alpha strike. I'd rather pay 2 million FXP for the Hayate than 1M for Friesland; at least the Hayate has overwhelming commonality with ships I already have and enjoy playing in co-op, but Friesland is too much of a gamble for the price IMHO. That being said, at the rate I'm currently accumulating FXP (I did not quite have 2 million when Smaland was released; over 2.2M now), I don't think it'll be too long before I have an extra million to play with and can contemplate either Friesland or Alaska... or whatever else might pop up.

The only reason I haven't got Hayate already is that I'm waiting to hear more about FDR and what her resource will be. If we get told officially that it's anything other than FXP, Hayate joins my fleet on the very next login.

I think you meant BOTS, but your typo gives me hilarious visions of vampire crossovers; roll on October.

I know everyone likes different ships and that's what makes the world go around but I would take the Friesland over the Hayate every day of the week.  I am not a DD guy but I LOVE that little ship.  It's a monster and I end up top of the list in coop a lot more than I don't with it.

Members
877 posts
6,656 battles
48 minutes ago, Sumseaman said:

You have a Smolensk decked out to look like a CV?  When did WG add Q ships to the list? :Smile-_tongue:

Members
877 posts
6,656 battles
3 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I know everyone likes different ships and that's what makes the world go around but I would take the Friesland over the Hayate every day of the week.  I am not a DD guy but I LOVE that little ship.  It's a monster and I end up top of the list in coop a lot more than I don't with it.

I wasn't too fond of the Euro line at first, but it kind of grows on you.

Sign in to follow this