You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DJL330

Cannuck ships?

10 comments in this topic

[ADD]
Members
2 posts
8,521 battles

Hello all!:Smile_Default:

I hope everyone is doing well? I was wondering if anyone else would like to see a few more Canadian ships in the Commonwealth tech tree? I would like to offer a few options to think about, HMCS Ontario was a cruiser that was transferred to the Royal Canadian Navy in 1944 form the Royal Navy. She never saw any action during the war and I'm certain that she deserves another chance at combat in the game. I know how people feel about CV's but in the Royal Canadian Navy we hold the CV's that we had very dear to us. Two that might be enjoyable to play were HMCS Warrior and of course HMCS Bonaventure, "The Bonnie". Those of us who have played Haida were so thrilled to have one of our own in the game, we certainly would like to see a few more. Stay safe, stay well, fair winds and following seas to all.

untitled.png

image018.jpg

6270043214_dfd7ba200f_z.jpg

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
24,851 posts
25,947 battles

Canuckistan had a navy?   :Smile_child:

Just kidding....   :Smile_hiding:

[BLEP]
Alpha Tester
1,430 posts
16,816 battles

As a CV lover, and Canadian myself I support this! 

Members
1,059 posts
4,376 battles
On 5/13/2020 at 8:43 AM, DJL330 said:

I was wondering if anyone else would like to see a few more Canadian ships in the Commonwealth tech tree?

I'm actually working on a Commonwealth Cruiser tech tree ATM. This is a long-term project for me, so you can expect it to be a while...

:Serb:

• Cool 2

[D-H-O]
Beta Testers
1,161 posts
10,892 battles

HMCS Ontario was a Minotaur-class light cruiser

Sounds like WG needs to make a cam for the Mino (HMCS Ontario colours and number C53), or make a prem boat clone.

[D-H-O]
Beta Testers
1,161 posts
10,892 battles
On 5/14/2020 at 4:58 AM, 1SneakyDevil said:

Nyet comrade, WG research says more Soviet/Ruskie ships will please NA player base.

I'm not sure if this comment is intended as humour or not?

Sure, this is the NA forums, however I would highlight there are 54 Commonwealth Countries, and some of them play on the NA Server.  Should a Commonwealth Ship be added to WG servers (world), I'd hope there would be people around the world welcoming the new (Or old depending on POV) arrival. 

Modder
1,300 posts
5 hours ago, madgiecool said:

HMCS Ontario was a Minotaur-class light cruiser

Sounds like WG needs to make a cam for the Mino (HMCS Ontario colours and number C53), or make a prem boat clone.

That's not the Minotaur you're thinking of though. The Minotaur-class in game at tier X is Design ZA from 1947 which was never built. The Minotaur-class Ontario belonged to were built between 1941 and 1945 and are essentially modified Crown Colony-class cruisers which is represented by HMS Fiji in game.

• Cool 1

Members
3,761 posts
23,384 battles
9 hours ago, madgiecool said:

I'm not sure if this comment is intended as humour or not?

Sure, this is the NA forums, however I would highlight there are 54 Commonwealth Countries, and some of them play on the NA Server.  Should a Commonwealth Ship be added to WG servers (world), I'd hope there would be people around the world welcoming the new (Or old depending on POV) arrival. 

That's a running joke on the forums.

[D-H-O]
Beta Testers
1,161 posts
10,892 battles
12 hours ago, zFireWyvern said:

That's not the Minotaur you're thinking of though. The Minotaur-class in game at tier X is Design ZA from 1947 which was never built. The Minotaur-class Ontario belonged to were built between 1941 and 1945 and are essentially modified Crown Colony-class cruisers which is represented by HMS Fiji in game.

Thank you.

FYI

That's not the Minotaur you're thinking of

I want to insert jedi mind trick gif - lol.