You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

34 comments in this topic

[BARON]
Members
47 posts
5,303 battles

Ok so the new update is out and so are the numbers. It turns out that there are multiple combat missions, which is good and I slightly take back my earlier criticism about how much rng will be involved. There will still be plenty, but there are some guaranteed numbers:

Ochakov and Bagration: 7 challenges rewarding 30 tokens. 210 total for each. $45.20 at us prices.

Mikoyan: 7 challenges rewarding 15 tokens. 105 total.

To get to the total final reward is 2850.

If you get both cruisers, its 420 :cat_cool: tokens plus the mikoyan's 105, which you are guaranteed to get even with the worst token rng with 60 crates.

Thats 2850-525= 2325

2325/60= 38.75

So better hope your tokens roll an average of 40 if you want that cool t10 camo if you drop 90$ for the cruisers. If not, then 45.75 per crate is the magic number.

Im gonna wait for @LittleWhiteMouse to release her reviews before getting either cruiser, but here is the math.

PSA: Admirals bounty (12,500 plus 30 days for $47.99) is no longer available in the premium shop, instead its the Ultimate treat (9,000 plus 30 days for $38.99). The 2,500 doubloons are 9.99 so the value you are getting is nerfed by 1,000 doubloons. 11,500 new vs 12,500 old.

Let me know if any values are wrong, but here is a breakdown for those who want to make informed purchases.

[BARON]
Members
47 posts
5,303 battles

In the webpage for both, it says "missions for additional Soviet Tokens will be available for cruiser Ochakov. You can additionally earn a total of 840 Soviet Tokens playing this ship"

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/specials/15365/

I am assuming it means that the 7 day challenges are refreshed each week (4x210=840). This would be great to clarify so im paging @Hapa_Fodder and until I get an answer, my previous math stays. If its confirmed, then ill change it to reflect that.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,067 posts
14,307 battles
2 minutes ago, alfaboy95 said:

PSA: Admirals bounty (12,500 plus 30 days for $47.99) is no longer available in the premium shop,

I suspect they're saving that one up for Christmas.

Remember that the cost of buying permacamo (the regular one) is 12,000 doubloons for all three of tier 8 to 10. That's if you want it just for the things it does (XP, battle-costs economy, dispersion and visibility buffs).

If you want to go above and beyond that just for the looks, or if you approve of what you see in ship reviews and want to pay for them as well, that one's on you. Personally I think it's possible to have too many Russian cruisers, especially since Zoup's accidentally-leaked review of Bagration that came out yesterday suggests to me that she's a downtiered premium version of a recently removed Donskoi hull. If God Himself dropped these ships in my port, I'm not sure how much use of them I would make. 

• Cool 1

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,424 posts

The other limitation is you need to spend tokens on the packages in order so Miko, Tall Camo, Tall, Riga Camo, Riga, Petro Camo - if you want it.  I would since I have 820k in FXP and nothing to use it on atm. 

[BARON]
Members
47 posts
5,303 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I suspect they're saving that one up for Christmas.

Remember that the cost of buying permacamo (the regular one) is 12,000 doubloons for all three of tier 8 to 10. That's if you want it just for the things it does (XP, battle-costs economy, dispersion and visibility buffs).

If you want to go above and beyond that just for the looks, or if you approve of what you see in ship reviews and want to pay for them as well, that one's on you. Personally I think it's possible to have too many Russian cruisers, especially since Zoup's accidentally-leaked review of Bagration that came out yesterday suggests to me that she's a downtiered premium version of a recently removed Donskoi hull. If God Himself dropped these ships in my port, I'm not sure how much use of them I would make. 

Just want to provide quick maths for people to make their own judgements. I personally like this event (the directives are easier and I like russian cruisers). In regards to the bounty, it was constant throughout the year as it was my go to purchase so I have several receipts. It surprised me that it changed since I was gonna buy it again and wanted to give people a heads up.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,067 posts
14,307 battles
37 minutes ago, alfaboy95 said:

Just want to provide quick maths for people to make their own judgements.

No probs. I just want to make sure that someone who's PRIMARILY angling for permacamos to put on their T8-10 ships for the service-cost savings doesn't spend more than they absolutely have to. 

For example, I debated throwing doubloons at a couple of bundles in the early unlock phase of the EU destroyer event to see if I could get myself to the Skane and grind out its mission. However, I realised that even two bundles (1K dubs each IIRC) were exactly what it would cost to get a standard permacamo for that ship anyway, and if I got unlucky on the token rolls I'd be 2K dubs down and no closer to the permacamo than I was at the start. 

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,726 posts

I just realized that I can't just get Tallin -- I have to get enough tokens from RNG for a ship I don't want (Mikoyan or whatever), then a camo, and THEN if I can get enough tokens from RNG, I'll be able to "early access" Tallin. 

So I don't just need 500 tokens from RNG, I need I think 1200 tokens from RNG. 

Yeah, suddenly I've lost any interest I had in this event.  

• Cool 3

[B-Z]
Members
157 posts
22,031 battles

8 crates for 50 tokens.

1 hour ago, alfaboy95 said:

So better hope your tokens roll an average of 40

:Smile_veryhappy:

[WHIT]
Beta Testers
345 posts
23,258 battles
4 hours ago, alfaboy95 said:

In the webpage for both, it says "missions for additional Soviet Tokens will be available for cruiser Ochakov. You can additionally earn a total of 840 Soviet Tokens playing this ship"

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/specials/15365/

I am assuming it means that the 7 day challenges are refreshed each week (4x210=840). This would be great to clarify so im paging @Hapa_Fodder and until I get an answer, my previous math stays. If its confirmed, then ill change it to reflect that.

Sure does sound like it; math is correct.

In that case assuming one of these fits your style, they are great deals.

Also implication is that rushing to get Mikoyan sooner means extra tokens.

Members
1,660 posts
3 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I just realized that I can't just get Tallin -- I have to get enough tokens from RNG for a ship I don't want (Mikoyan or whatever), then a camo, and THEN if I can get enough tokens from RNG, I'll be able to "early access" Tallin. 

So I don't just need 500 tokens from RNG, I need I think 1200 tokens from RNG. 

Yeah, suddenly I've lost any interest I had in this event.  

Past events were the same.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,726 posts
4 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

Past events were the same.

I don't recall having to spend tokens on a crappy premium ship, and then a perma-camo, just to get to the first new tech-tree ship.  

I'm not shocked, just disappointed, Tallin was the one thing I really wanted from this patch since it's an "alternative Hipper". 

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,595 posts

The furor/excitement over early access to tech tree ships is comedic.

In a month or two you can simply grind them? Is playing "GottaHaveItNow" really what this game has become about? I guess I have to hand it to WG if this stuff actually lines their pockets...:Smile_great:

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,726 posts
Just now, awiggin said:

In a month or two you can simply grind them? Is playing "GottaHaveItNow" really what this game has become about? I guess I have to hand it to WG if this stuff actually lines their pockets...:Smile_great:

Normally I don't care, but I was hoping to avoid grinding a ship I really dislike a lot to unlock Tallin, which is a ship I find interesting.  

I can just spend some FXP, not like I'm going to waste it on ships with a bloated cost of 2 million. 

[GGWP]
Beta Testers
1,661 posts
8,800 battles

The drops for this event are a joke. Great event, WG. Just kidding, it sucks. Got Heeem.

Members
1,660 posts
7 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I don't recall having to spend tokens on a crappy premium ship, and then a perma-camo, just to get to the first new tech-tree ship.  

I'm not shocked, just disappointed, Tallin was the one thing I really wanted from this patch since it's an "alternative Hipper". 

No, not those sepcifically, but having to start at the bottom with say a tier V amd work you're way up.  Having to purchase things in a.apecified order for event tokens.

[SALTY]
Beta Testers
386 posts
6,421 battles
4 hours ago, John_Crace said:

8 crates for 50 tokens.

:Smile_veryhappy:

9 Crates for 50 for me.

The last 7 I ordered opened all at once. 35 tokens.

HAR, HAR, bloody HAR!

WG really wants us to spend money on this...

• Funny 1

Members
235 posts
13 minutes ago, awiggin said:

The only time I'm interested is when I can jump to level 6 I don't enjoy the lower tiers at all, with this one don't really care, more interested in the extra coal from dome of the drops

[ARGSY]
Members
20,067 posts
14,307 battles
16 hours ago, awiggin said:

Second verse same as the first... in every early-release I've seen since French Battleships (I wasn't yet in the game for British BBs).

At least now we have a cap on bundles/crate equivalents with a guarantee of all content. I remember one guy whining that he spent $500 (assuming US) on premium crates and still didn't get the Richelieu unlock he was looking for. The most you can spend in this event on crate equivalents is, what, 101 x 500 doubloons, that's 50,500 dubs or about $255 Canadian, so there is some protection for foolish people who just can't seem to keep their hands out of their wallets.

(Then again, if you're used to spending that amount per week on entertainment you can't currently go to because of that virus, then by all means go nuts.)

I appreciate the fact that everyone who finishes the directives gets the Mikoyan; struggling newcomers will appreciate a free premium ship, even if it is a fragile T5. Everything else is gravy, although I'm seriously crossing my fingers for enough tokens to grab the Tallinn permacamo at least. I do sort of like the fact that they give us the permacamos before the ships, so that if you get the ship you know you have the camo for it, although I think it would have been better if they'd been separate. Some of us don't mind spending money on permacamo and would prefer to just grab the early-release botes and dress them up as we see fit.

Members
3,089 posts
6,643 battles
17 hours ago, Kartaugh said:

9 Crates for 50 for me.

The last 7 I ordered opened all at once. 35 tokens.

HAR, HAR, bloody HAR!

WG really wants us to spend money on this...

These crates have a minimum of five tokens in each. So... no, unless you had other non-Soviet crates that you opened in that pile.

Members
3,089 posts
6,643 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Second verse same as the first... in every early-release I've seen since French Battleships (I wasn't yet in the game for British BBs).

At least now we have a cap on bundles/crate equivalents with a guarantee of all content. I remember one guy whining that he spent $500 (assuming US) on premium crates and still didn't get the Richelieu unlock he was looking for. The most you can spend in this event on crate equivalents is, what, 101 x 500 doubloons, that's 50,500 dubs or about $255 Canadian, so there is some protection for foolish people who just can't seem to keep their hands out of their wallets.

(Then again, if you're used to spending that amount per week on entertainment you can't currently go to because of that virus, then by all means go nuts.)

I appreciate the fact that everyone who finishes the directives gets the Mikoyan; struggling newcomers will appreciate a free premium ship, even if it is a fragile T5. Everything else is gravy, although I'm seriously crossing my fingers for enough tokens to grab the Tallinn permacamo at least. I do sort of like the fact that they give us the permacamos before the ships, so that if you get the ship you know you have the camo for it, although I think it would have been better if they'd been separate. Some of us don't mind spending money on permacamo and would prefer to just grab the early-release botes and dress them up as we see fit.

I'm contemplating Pyotr Bagration because it will guarantee the tokens for the Tallinn's permacamo and because the ship itself sounds dangerously strong...

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,913 posts
11,590 battles

i swear, sometimes it feels like WG just MAKES the crates have nothing but low rolls to make you have to spend money if you want to get more than one thing, pretty scummy if you ask me, i just opened 4 crates, 30 tokens, thats it, ill consider it a damn miracle of insert your choice of higher being of power here just to get the camo for the Tallin, let alone the Tallin itself

[ARGSY]
Members
20,067 posts
14,307 battles
Just now, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

I'm contemplating Pyotr Bagration because it will guarantee the tokens for the Tallinn's permacamo

Remember that standard permacamo for all three new ships from Tier 8 to 10 will set you back 12,000 doubloons, 9000 for Tiers 8 and 9, so compare that to the Bagration's cost and ask yourself which is the better value. 

[ARGSY]
Members
20,067 posts
14,307 battles
2 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

i swear, sometimes it feels like WG just MAKES the crates have nothing but low rolls to make you have to spend money if you want to get more than one thing, pretty scummy if you ask me, i just opened 4 crates, 30 tokens, thats it, ill consider it a damn miracle of insert your choice of higher being of power here just to get the camo for the Tallin, let alone the Tallin itself

I'd rather be guaranteed ONE thing than guaranteed NOTHING.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,913 posts
11,590 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

oh dont get me wrong, im thankful for the free premium ship ill get, its just it feels like WG is saying, "if you dont want to spent cash, then youre SOL" for everything else

[WOLFG]
Members
9,575 posts
8,553 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Guaranteed brussel sprouts vs. chance for bacon?

• Funny 1