You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sovereigndawg

A Welcome and Much Needed Boost To the Economy

13 comments in this topic

[TBW]
Members
10,290 posts
17,483 battles

WG hasn't done much that makes me happy lately, I have to give them props for the boost to the economy by UN-monetizing the consumables. I cleared over 12,000,000 credits for reimbursement from the consumables on my ships. I wonder how much I have spent on the consumables over the past 4 years. Anyway Thank You for this WG, it still doesn't make up for the nerf to the Operations economy, especially the Base XP part.

image.thumb.png.9e0cc348015eed1b618c7a1d88a03a65.png

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 5

[WOLF8]
Members
518 posts
8,929 battles

First thing I checked when I fired up 0.9.4 this morning.  My haul was over 37,000,000 :Smile_coin:

[NFFS]
Members
190 posts
6,917 battles

I cleared probably as much.  Thanks!

Now, about some other nerfs . . . . .  ..

[TBW]
Members
10,290 posts
17,483 battles

It may have the added benefit of equalizing the ships for the people that didn't use the consumables or just a bit less potato.

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
516 posts
5,029 battles

Somewhat over 14mil for me. Used it to buy another three ships I had researched but hadn't paid for. Helena, Mahan and Devonshire. The current discounts helped too. :cap_like:

[ARGSY]
Members
20,158 posts
14,340 battles
3 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

It may have the added benefit of equalizing the ships for the people that didn't use the consumables

I'm looking forward to that aspect. I've had so many garbage throw teams lately it dissuaded me from taking premium consumables even into randoms - unless I was flying a buttload of flags and special camos and wanted every possible survival advantage. Now I get to use them all the time even in co-op, and although all the extra charges won't always be used (especially on those ships whose captains have Superintendent), the decreased cooldown is probably just as useful.

[USCC2]
Members
6,060 posts

Yep around 128,000,000 credits :Smile_Default:

Also got to see a very nice Aurora on Northern Lights map first map!

[A-I-M]
Members
3,046 posts
13,308 battles
1 hour ago, Slammer58 said:

First thing I checked when I fired up 0.9.4 this morning.  My haul was over 37,000,000 :Smile_coin:

WG: “We are ‘concerned’ about the injection of credits into the game economy, and the amount of credits now stockpiled in player accounts. Therefore, the upcoming increases in the credit cost of ships, modules, and transactions are necessary to rebalance the game economy...”

[WOLF3]
Members
27,081 posts
23,857 battles

Over 27 million from all the consumables I've had sitting around over the years.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[ARGSY]
Members
20,158 posts
14,340 battles
32 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

WG: “We are ‘concerned’ about the injection of credits into the game economy, and the amount of credits now stockpiled in player accounts. Therefore, the upcoming increases in the credit cost of ships, modules, and transactions are necessary to rebalance the game economy...”

Naah, it's a one-off and they know new lines will swallow that up fast. When you figure in modules and the cost of B hulls, fire control, torps, guns, etc., a high tier ship can easily absorb 20 to 40 million credits at a bite, if you're the sort of person who FXP's all the B (+/- C) upgrades the instant they get the ship (remember, Tier 10 carriers all have B airplanes to research and we have a new carrier line coming out later this year). 

Even a Tier 8 premium will swallow nearly 4 million creds in upgrade module slots at full price, and a T9 or T10 will take nearly 7 million. 

[A-I-M]
Members
3,046 posts
13,308 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Naah, it's a one-off ...

I offered it toungue-in-cheek, but I got a big sack of “wait and see” slung over my shoulder.