Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Starbuck2472

Submarines 9.4?

15 comments in this topic

[FFLY]
[FFLY]
Beta Testers
10 posts
11,638 battles

Anyone else kind of disappointed by the fact that submarines are actually delayed until May 27 in the game now? They have already been tested quite a bit, probably enough for their own game mode, or at least that is what I was thinking. Would it not be beneficial to have them available a lot of longer in their own game mode pretty much constantly to gather more data on balancing / bugs / updates? Was that not the whole reason for them being in their own game mode in the first place???

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[SOFOP]
Members
2,477 posts
15,285 battles

They probably wanted time to test this slowly on the live server first, to ensure it won't break anything.  It is probably open for super testers and devs.  Walk before you run type of thing.  Who knows - they haven't given a reason why they delayed it for 2 weeks.  As someone who has almost 0 interest in subs coming to the game in any aspect, that's fine by me.

• Cool 2

[NUWES]
Members
3,426 posts
12,770 battles

They also need to implement the changes the hinted at for what BBs and CAs are supposed to do to counter submarines. 

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,474 posts

T6 so you'd play a BB to kill the enemies surface ships so your team's sub can operate unimpeded.  You'd also make a nice fat target for the enemy subs so avoid the US BBs in this mode so you have a chance of outrunning a sub.

[VENUM]
Beta Testers
11 posts
13,677 battles

lots of people complain that they don't want subs in the game but as a DD player I look forward to hunting them :)

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
30,841 posts
25,945 battles

I wouldn't say PTS was a heavy test, none of the games I did there ever had full 12-man teams, usually half were bots.

But the stepped introduction of Subs I think is better than the "HERE YA GO!" drop of the CV Rework on Live.

• Cool 1

[1IF]
Banned
436 posts
1,874 battles

I think the Subs intro will be '9.5' which is just 2 weeks away.  

[TDRB]
Members
5,310 posts
13,743 battles
1 hour ago, Starbuck2472 said:

Anyone else kind of disappointed by the fact that submarines are actually delayed until May 27 in the game now? They have already been tested quite a bit, probably enough for their own game mode, or at least that is what I was thinking. Would it not be beneficial to have them available a lot of longer in their own game mode pretty much constantly to gather more data on balancing / bugs / updates? Was that not the whole reason for them being in their own game mode in the first place???

Apparently subs are NOT ready even with a separate battle mode. Many pro-sub players were thinking the same as you & they will be disappointed.

[NONE]
Members
3,880 posts
11,996 battles
1 hour ago, DudeWhereIsMyTank said:

Why would anyone play BB in that mode?

I'll take Fat, Slow Targets for $200, Alex.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,570 posts
17,760 battles
6 hours ago, DudeWhereIsMyTank said:

Why would anyone play BB in that mode?

Turning subs inside out with BB HE is gratifying.

Members
3 posts
2,398 battles

I think if subs had slightly worse concealment than DDs and could move faster at surface level than underwater, it would entice players to stay and fight on the surface. Deck guns and subs only being able to launch torpedos above a certain depth would also help. Youd still be able to dive deep to disengage or stay concealed but you wouldn't be able to fight down there bar other subs perhaps. BBs wouldn't feel as helpless against submarines if they're forced to fight you near or on the surface 

[SALVO]
Members
8,175 posts
6,059 battles

They realized the ping-homing torp mechanic is dumb and stupid so they had the sense to pull the plug and go back to the drawing board.

Members
475 posts
3,984 battles

Unless they come up with an event to entice BB and CV players to Q for sub-battles no one will be playing them but DDs and subs when they are released. 

Sign in to follow this