You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Roberto577_One

I just want a fun ship

36 comments in this topic

Members
88 posts
1,070 battles

I'm coming back to the game after a while, and I just want a solid ship that's fun yet easy to play, that I can do well in. I'm thinking of the NC but I don't know if I want to grind the New Mexico and Colorado, they're both so slow. Any recommendations? 

[-OSG-]
Members
3 posts
6,818 battles

I JUST WANT A GOOD MATCH MAKIMG GAME!!!! So sick of being uptiered and can’t even shoot anybody because if I get close enough I’m dead. Screw you wargamimh fix your mm

• Cool 2
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 6

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles

If you are looking into tier 8 BBs the Bismarck and amagi have long been reliable and fun for me. Granted the Bismarck does require a really high point captain before it truly sings. Amagi really just needs a 10 or 12 point captain, Aiming Mod 1, and then you can go around sinking hefty broadsides into targets.

North Carolina does not seem as easy to use as the 2 BBs I just mentioned. And you can’t go wrong really with the Japanese BBs as I enjoyed the entire like except for Izumi which has since been buffed so it might be ok now. The German Line was also a joy to grind up to Bismarck with only the Bayern giving me a bit of trouble.

[WORX]
Members
10,675 posts
18,567 battles
7 minutes ago, Roberto577_One said:

I'm coming back to the game after a while, and I just want a solid ship that's fun yet easy to play, that I can do well in. I'm thinking of the NC but I don't know if I want to grind the New Mexico and Colorado, they're both so slow. Any recommendations? 

ALL BBs from all nations will produce a care free playing experience.. Limited brains/tactic required to excel, my second choice are heavy cruisers...

Try them out, easy peasy lemon squeezy. Guaranteed.

• Boring 2

Members
2,842 posts
8,921 battles

Easy to play? None are really easy to play and you have to learn their tendencies. The game is changing a lot. You want to get to the NC you'll have to grind. Colorado is fun because she's a powerful monster with all the upgrades and a high point captain. Good luck. Do wish you the best.

Members
88 posts
1,070 battles

To clarify, I'm not talking about fun Tier 8 BB's to play, I just used NC as an example since I've heard good things about it. That being said, I didn't even think about the Bismarck, it does seem like a good ship, especially with the Hydro and turtleback, plus the semi-recent buff to accuracy. Also, the Gneisenau seems amazing too, it's 128 secondaries can now pen 32 millimetre armor without IFHE due to the changes, plus great armor, torps, and speed.

Edited by Roberto577_One

[JMMAF]
Members
456 posts
8,164 battles
1 hour ago, Roberto577_One said:

Conqueror is a blast to play

Its very forgiving and has an epic heal. Its soft so it will teach you to angle properly, but with the heal you can survive the HE spam and the bad angling and hopefully learn. Its a great trainer.

[LUCK]
Members
1,949 posts
1 hour ago, Roberto577_One said:

Scharnhorst

• Cool 2

Members
323 posts
2,954 battles
2 hours ago, Roberto577_One said:

North Cal has been getting power creeped pretty, it's not as fun as it used to be.

Cleveland is still a blast thought.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,994 posts
20,705 battles
2 hours ago, LARGEMARGE said:

I JUST WANT A GOOD MATCH MAKIMG GAME!!!! So sick of being uptiered and can’t even shoot anybody because if I get close enough I’m dead. Screw you wargamimh fix your mm

I'm grinding exp on shores for new RU cruisers.

2 matches in a row.

1st a loss with 19 defends and 36k damage,  loss... 1st place.

2nd 102k damage, 2 kills 8 defends, win... 2nd place.

MM is not the issue.  

Teams that know how to play vs players that can't know  how to win.

You can only do your best and hope the team does too...

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,994 posts
20,705 battles
2 hours ago, Roberto577_One said:

Russian battleships.

European destroyers tier 8 to 10.

French destroyers tier 7 to 10.

U.S. heavy cruisers.

Members
4,314 posts
4,585 battles

If you own Alabama, or Big Mammie but not quite as much, they handle similarly to NC to give a you a feeling of the ship. Otherwise NC and up I feel is worth the grind. 

Kongo, Nagato and Amagi are great ships from my memory.
The Russian BB line can be silly.

For the most part I feel you have to suffer in some manner because the fun ships laid back ships are later in the trees for the most part. 

[PYK]
Beta Testers
163 posts
2,089 battles
3 hours ago, Roberto577_One said:

It really depends on your playstyle. New Mexico and Colorado are among my favorite BBs due to their excellent armor and good rudder shift. However, they do require patience and careful planning to become relevant.

I would recommend USN BBs for awesome gritty action and IJN torpedo focused DDs for hilarious lottery hits.

Members
1,170 posts
11,397 battles
3 hours ago, Roberto577_One said:

To clarify, I'm not talking about fun Tier 8 BB's to play, I just used NC as an example since I've heard good things about it. That being said, I didn't even think about the Bismarck, it does seem like a good ship, especially with the Hydro and turtleback, plus the semi-recent buff to accuracy. Also, the Gneisenau seems amazing too, it's 128 secondaries can now pen 32 millimetre armor without IFHE due to the changes, plus great armor, torps, and speed.

Gneisenau is definitely fun!

I don’t like Bismarck so much. It’s unmaneuverable and gets crapped on by T10 CV’s.

But I wouldn’t say Gneis is “easy.”  Pushing in is a skill of timing and reading the game. You can easily melt if you make a bad decision.

”Easy” is probably the IJN BB line. Just sit at long range and pick your targets. But I don’t personally find that “fun.”

[-OG-]
Members
283 posts
7,721 battles

If you want a fun ship that doesn't require a big grind and is fun at all tiers than I would suggest the Royal Navy light cruiser line. Basically you pop smoke and then Daka-Daka-Daka. The hardest part of the line is getting to the Leander at Tier 6, beyond that, the RN light cruisers are pretty fun. Favourites in the line for me were Fiji, Edinburgh, and Minotaur but, keep in mind the Leander and Neptune are still good ships.

[PVE]
Members
6,172 posts
22,432 battles
2 minutes ago, Awe5ome said:

If you want a fun ship that doesn't require a big grind and is fun at all tiers than I would suggest the Royal Navy light cruiser line. Basically you pop smoke and then Daka-Daka-Daka. The hardest part of the line is getting to the Leander at Tier 6, beyond that, the RN light cruisers are pretty fun. Favourites in the line for me were Fiji, Edinburgh, and Minotaur but, keep in mind the Leander and Neptune are still good ships.

The T5 Emerald (when run properly) is the best T5 DD in the game.

Members
4,458 posts
19,466 battles
1 hour ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

Scharnhorst

This^^^^^ I always have a blast driving Scharn, Co-Op or Random.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,678 posts
7,489 battles
2 hours ago, Tyberius_D said:

North Cal has been getting power creeped pretty, it's not as fun as it used to be.

The heal helped a lot tho, and being able to mount the traverse mod on slot 3 with no downside. That gave my NC new life.

[LUCK]
Members
1,949 posts
12 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

This^^^^^ I always have a blast driving Scharn, Co-Op or Random.

Top tier: A BB terror to the reds

At tier: one of the best at T7

Bottom tier: it's a big cruiser that can do ugly things to higher tier reds if not respected

• Cool 1

[PHD]
Members
1,514 posts
6,472 battles

If you just want one ship and don't want to grind  up to it, check out the premium ship list. And LWM's reviews thereof. 

Scharnhorst has been mentioned, the Alabama family or the Kii all might be what you want, depending on the tier you want.

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles

Bismarck is super fun imo!  Do a full secondary build and watch the damage rack up automatically

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,654 posts
5 hours ago, Roberto577_One said:

The NC is a really good BB but if you want an even more fun one at tier VIII then buy yourself a Massachusetts. It doesn't have the main battery range that the NC does but its secondaries can reach out to 11.3 km if properly spec'd and if you have manual fire control for them it's woe to any DDs that you spot within that range. The shorter (18.3 km) main battery range also lets you to hit more ships as the dispersion lessons with distance. The max dispersion of the NC is 271 m, whereas that of the Massachusetts is 242 M.

If you want to stick with tech tree ships and like to stand off a bit then the NC is a good choice. If you like to brawl, then research a Bismark.

Edited by Snargfargle

[LOS]
Members
864 posts
13,742 battles

you want the Love Boat baby!

loveboat.jpg

Members
323 posts
2,954 battles
3 hours ago, MnemonScarlet said:

The heal helped a lot tho, and being able to mount the traverse mod on slot 3 with no downside. That gave my NC new life.

I feel like Mass just completely out classes NC