You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
wolfkind252

coop problem

7 comments in this topic

[NEMO]
Members
712 posts
2,108 battles

its not with the mm or teams, its with sunken enemy ships, they can completely disappear under watch dad and still fire torpedoes? I was just in a battle (coop) with my Charleston, a team mate sand a bot destroyer before I got there after I got there the enemy ship was gone, it was the only one in that area,and it torpedoed both of us AFTER he killed it, it wasn't a case of torpedoes arming after he sank either, their was a 10 second time difference between when he sank and when torpedoes started hitting us

[PVE]
Members
1,031 posts
8,573 battles
11 minutes ago, wolfkind252 said:

its not with the mm or teams, its with sunken enemy ships, they can completely disappear under watch dad and still fire torpedoes? I was just in a battle (coop) with my Charleston, a team mate sand a bot destroyer before I got there after I got there the enemy ship was gone, it was the only one in that area,and it torpedoed both of us AFTER he killed it, it wasn't a case of torpedoes arming after he sank either, their was a 10 second time difference between when he sank and when torpedoes started hitting us

The bots cannot fire when dead, some torpedoes are just really slow

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
10,663 posts
18,555 battles

You dont see torps when launched... You do see torps when armed... Easy fix to this situation is use your rudder ("Q" or "E" for me).

I find it useful to avoid dying bots torps (since the last calculation used, is for a straight moving target)...

Easy fix on your end.

Edited by Navalpride33

[HINON]
Members
13,264 posts

Torpedoes take time to travel and you can and will be killed by torps that are launched right before an enemy dies which is why you use the WASD hack to avoid them. If you are still in doubt, upload the replay.

[RLGN]
Members
14,304 posts
25,241 battles
49 minutes ago, MasterDiggs said:

The bots cannot fire when dead, some torpedoes are just really slow

And they don’t get full pens and citadels at bizarre angles; they don’t point their guns at targets they can’t see; they don’t dodge torps they have no business being aware of; they don’t sail in straight lines until a player targeting them loads AP, then suddenly decide they just have to angle in; they don’t start first shot, (and last shot,) fires; they don’t somehow magically manage to hit your torpedo tubes for a crit, when you’re running in for an unavoidable torp strike; they don’t then hit them again after you repair the torpedo tubes, (or any module for that matter;) they don’t magically hit citadels at point blank range, while a player’s do nothing (sometimes) but overpens or ricochets...

Sure; go right on thinking dead bots don’t still launch torps. (At least up to a second or two after being sunk.)

@Navalpride33 and @RipNuN2 are both correct though. Expect torps from ‘dead’ bots, and react accordingly.

So many times I’ve turned immediately, and seconds later here come the torps.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[NEMO]
Members
712 posts
2,108 battles

Yea I've noticed that too they do critical damage to my engines with one shell while another hits my torpedo tubes and a third hits a main gun thats three hits i three different areas, while my shots go all over the place and usually one hits them at distance, but the torpedoes I was talking about happened at close range Not a long distance, and if it was at a long distance and they were moving slow, then explain how a dead sunk enemy bot can fire torpedoes a half a km ahead of where he sank at to hit me that far away, I'm not a sailor or anything, in fact the only time I've ever seen the ocean is in pictures but I know whats what, and that something dead cant shoot fro where it would have been if it was alive

[NWOC]
[NWOC]
Members
1,016 posts
12,331 battles
On 5/13/2020 at 2:56 AM, Estimated_Prophet said:

And they don’t get full pens and citadels at bizarre angles; they don’t point their guns at targets they can’t see; they don’t dodge torps they have no business being aware of; they don’t sail in straight lines until a player targeting them loads AP, then suddenly decide they just have to angle in; they don’t start first shot, (and last shot,) fires; they don’t somehow magically manage to hit your torpedo tubes for a crit, when you’re running in for an unavoidable torp strike; they don’t then hit them again after you repair the torpedo tubes, (or any module for that matter;) they don’t magically hit citadels at point blank range, while a player’s do nothing (sometimes) but overpens or ricochets...

Sure; go right on thinking dead bots don’t still launch torps. (At least up to a second or two after being sunk.)

@Navalpride33 and @RipNuN2 are both correct though. Expect torps from ‘dead’ bots, and react accordingly.

So many times I’ve turned immediately, and seconds later here come the torps.

All of the above happens, and happens, if not all, then most of the time, in one form or other, as stated.