You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Imperial_Hammer

Thank you WG from a CV player.

12 comments in this topic

[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
69 posts
10,578 battles

"Since aircraft carriers have no enhanced consumables, their parameters won't change, and the cost of servicing aircraft carriers has been adjusted to make it equal relative to other ship types. For example, the cost of servicing Tier X aircraft carriers will be reduced from 240,000 to 180,000 credits."

Thank you! This means a lot to us CV folks. We appreciate it! :cap_like:

Edited by Imperial_Hammer
  • Cool 10
  • Boring 3

[SIDE]
Members
4,684 posts

I never realized they were that expensive. The few I have are all premiums in tier 6 and 8. I'm not particularly good in them nor do I take them out very often because the skill deficit but I've never noticed a credit bleed. Holy smokes I'd lose my butt at that economy!! Glad to hear there is some love headed to the class. Good for us all.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
12 minutes ago, Imperial_Hammer said:

"Since aircraft carriers have no enhanced consumables, their parameters won't change, and the cost of servicing aircraft carriers has been adjusted to make it equal relative to other ship types. For example, the cost of servicing Tier X aircraft carriers will be reduced from 240,000 to 180,000 credits."

Thank you! This means a lot to us CV folks. We appreciate it! :cap_like:

Heaaa! Finally I can start running my Midway!

Edited by jags_domain
  • Cool 3

Members
360 posts

If the cost of service is reduced, at what point can carriers break even without premium account?

[INTEL]
Members
13,057 posts
36,022 battles

Aw crap. it means more high tier cancer. Glad I stopped playing T10.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 5

[GWG]
Members
6,956 posts
13,500 battles

I've been telling everyone to run their CVs in Co-Op so WG can see the numbers for 'Normal' people.

When they see the average credit pull for a T10 CV with Premium Camo, and Premium account is usually a NEGATIVE number...   They will do something.

They did something.  The price of planes had me keeping them grounded and charge in for secondary hits..   I actually made more (lost less) credits that way.

Thanks !!!

• Cool 1

[HOT]
Members
258 posts
6,985 battles

finally its not so expensive i had to play with -10% service flags and 20% more credits, then premium account to work with this.

also that includes all the fire and flood flags

Edited by Skyspartan

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,640 posts

Tier X CVs had enormous service costs. I scrimped and save and finally was able to purchase permacamo for my Midway, which was the only way I could play it without playing three games in my Des Moines with its Freedom camo to make the required credits. Even with permacamo, clan benefits, and signals the service cost reduction is still a welcome relief to people who want to play the tier X CVs.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,110 posts
14,317 battles

I'll be interested to see how it works out in practice, though I suspect I will be off to the next PTS to see just how that economy works out before I actually pour another 180,000 XP and tens of millions of credits into the money pit that is the Audacious.

[8492]
Members
474 posts
2,712 battles

They should increase the service cost, make it cost 1 million credits to run one and help make the game better by reducing their numbers. 

• Boring 1

Members
44 posts
542 battles
13 minutes ago, Slumlord_Dasboot said:

They should increase the service cost, make it cost 1 million credits to run one and help make the game better by reducing their numbers. 

I’m sorry, since when did 2 carrier players helping their allies by dealing damage hurt the game ?