You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

8 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Members
375 posts
1,027 battles

Is coal only obtained from crates? I think they can be obtained in ranked battles but still not allowed to participate in those yet. What’s is the best way to obtain coal without ranked? Is it just crates?

[WOLF1]
Members
253 posts
53,225 battles

In general, coal is available from resource containers and daily missions. Also, special events and campaigns will ( sometimes ) have coal rewards.

Welcome to Wolf1 !

Members
4,364 posts
11,269 battles

Coal comes from crates (all daily crates minus the soon to be removed consumables crates, with the more resources being the best choice as the only one to guarantee coal drops, as well as some event crates) and daily missions (200 per each mission). Those two ways are the most reliable ways to earn coal. 

Coal can also be earned by reaching rank 1 in ranked sprint seasons (only sprint, normal ranked rewards steel), and through wins in clan brawls (as a mission reward, typically for wins 6-10 in a single brawl season), as well as occasionally being a reward for directives/directive missions and campaigns. 

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

if you always choose more resources for containers you can get up to 1200 coal per container..

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
1 hour ago, Boomer625 said:

Is coal only obtained from crates? I think they can be obtained in ranked battles but still not allowed to participate in those yet. What’s is the best way to obtain coal without ranked? Is it just crates?

Play every day and select / open the “More Resources” Containers. Those will give you a guaranteed minimum of 400 coal per container with up to 1,200 coal per resource container being possible. And even if all you have time to open each day is the first container it will still add up for you. Those containers are the most reliable source of coal you can get with other occasional sources available periodically.

[WOLF1]
Members
375 posts
1,027 battles
1 hour ago, oldblackdog said:

In general, coal is available from resource containers and daily missions. Also, special events and campaigns will ( sometimes ) have coal rewards.

Welcome to Wolf1 !

Thx!

I guess ill grind for the Xp needed to reach those crates, probably using my scar in scenarios or random battles.

Edited by Boomer625

[WOLF1]
Members
375 posts
1,027 battles

Also is it worth it to go for the super container chance? How often does one get a super container? What is the mechanism behind it?

[WOLF5]
Members
1,081 posts
8,929 battles
8 hours ago, Boomer625 said:

Also is it worth it to go for the super container chance? How often does one get a super container? What is the mechanism behind it?

My personal statistics and those reported on the forums show that picking the Resources container has a Super Container probability of about 1.X% or so. The "Try Your Luck" container, which rarely, if ever, I choose, reportedly has a probability twice as high a probability of getting a Super Container as the other containers or about 2.X% or so. I hope that this is helpful in making your decision as to selection....