Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Systemlord_1

Captain Skill points question?

6 comments in this topic

[ICO]
Members
98 posts
10,137 battles

I have seen other members skill perks able to skip the 2 point skill perks and go right for the one below it costing 3 skill points, for example they use the "Preventive Maintenance" perk and are able to go right to the "Survivability Expert" skipping "Jack Of All Trades" yet I'm seem to be unable to do so.

I'm wasting a skill point I'd rather use on something else, how do I skip "Jack Of All Trades" and get "Survivability Expert"?

Thanks

WOW.PNG

Edited by Systemlord_1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,804 posts
21,723 battles

It's impossible to skip a tier of skills. IE, you have to have a 1 pt skill, a 2 pt skill and a 3 pt skill before you can buy a 4 pt skill. It doesn't matter which skill you buy though. Any 2 pt skill unlocks all 3 pt skills.

Edited by Lert

[WOLFC]
Members
2,793 posts
11,335 battles

You cannot select a 3 point perk without first selecting one from the level lower (a 2-pt skill). With the build shown, you should be able to drop JoaT, since you have Adrenaline Rush for two points, and you only need one skill to access the next level.

Edited by Nevermore135

[WOLF8]
Members
739 posts
9,631 battles
41 minutes ago, Systemlord_1 said:

I see, its any 2 point skill perk unlocks 3 point skill perks across the board. Expensive lesson.

Maybe for now.  Hopefully WG will have a free Captain Skill reset prior to allowing those submersibles in general gameplay.

[CHASE]
Modder
139 posts
5,094 battles
On 5/12/2020 at 11:42 PM, Systemlord_1 said:

I see, its any 2 point skill perk unlocks 3 point skill perks across the board. Expensive lesson.

Indeed, but first and foremost you should have picked "Last stand" (the rightmost skill on 2nd row, with the wrench), as a DD that's one of the most important skills to have.

Sign in to follow this