You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Gelo_rules

Neu Player hier, what is the best coal ship?

19 comments in this topic

[USMC2]
Members
13 posts
633 battles

Good morning, I have accrued enough coal to purchase at least one of the ships; Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya, Aigle, and Blyskawica. My priority would be that its a great credit earner and very forgivable (low skill base) because even when I tagged along the game since conception (alpha test), I am still crapand crap executing theories and playing. Of course the fun factor and rarity would be nice.

[HINON]
Members
13,234 posts

The Oct rev is probably the  most forgiving of those ships. Do you like playing bbs though?

• Cool 1

[USMC2]
Members
13 posts
633 battles
1 minute ago, RipNuN2 said:

The Oct rev is probably the  most forgiving of those ships. Do you like playing bbs though?

they're aight, the Lyon is a bit crapthough mainly because I'm still young and crap

[GRAVE]
Members
1,256 posts
18,719 battles

Aigle is the best T6 DD for operations, which is a decent way to make credits, but not for new players (FR DDs in general are not for new players)

October Revolution is practically immune to HE spam, and is the best T5 BB premium you can get right now, but requires competent use of her damn con and can be dev struck if broadside.

Blys 3 years ago was really good, but now is a shadow of its former self. Only get Blys if you are a collector or cannot afford Orkan, Friesland, or Smaland, but want an EU premium to complete EU- specific directives.

Members
136 posts
11,292 battles

Of those three I would recommend the Okt Rev. However, it's an odd ship. Amazing bow and stern armor, trash side armor, decent anti-aircraft ability, okay speed and handling and weird turret placement.

She's an odd ship, but I've liked her for as long as I've had her.

I've never liked my Aigle, slow turret traverse and weird turret angles just made her frustrating for me to play. She's a good ship, but I do not like her.

The Blys is an ok ship, but nothing like she used to be way back when. Most of the tech tree tier 7 ships are as good as her in any category, and a bunch are better.

It's all down to personal preference, but out of all of these ships (which I own) Okt Rev is my favorite 

• Cool 1

[_BDA_]
Members
56 posts
3,135 battles

October Revolution is by far the most forgiving of the 3, but she isn't idiot proof. She only has 5 charges of her Damage Control max so use them wisely. She is very tank when angled but she has some of the worst citadel protection for her tier with a very thin belt and the citadel is above the waterline. Lastly her guns do not have that much pen so when fighting bbs, you need to aim for the upper belts and forget about citadels on but the most soft skinned bbs(Kongo, Myogi, etc). Aigle and Blyska are decent ships but both require an experienced captain to make them do well. This is especially paramount due to the horrid interaction between dds and cvs post cv rework.

Edited by cheekywarship2018
  • Boring 1

[USCC]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
286 posts
20,885 battles

Wait and collect more .paying coal  for low tiers suck..

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,063 posts

Neu Player hier

do you mean new player here?

[PHU]
Members
204 posts
4,769 battles

Tier 5 premiums don't really make bank unless you also have premium account/time and use the credits signal. You start getting a decent amount of credits at T6 and 7, and they really start rolling in at T8 and 9. So if credits are your priority and you want to ease your way into the game, I would go for a premium T6 BB. BBs might seem hard at first because of how slow they are along with the turret traverse and long reloads, but they are pretty forgiving once you get used to them and aiming. If you only want to spend coal and not cash, I would say be patient and save for Georgia. Save credit signals and camos for when you can get free premium time.

If you're really adamant on having at least 1 premium right now, go for Aigle if you like DDs more and go for Revolutsiya if you like BBs more. It's not the easiest thing right now to get a 10 point European commander for new players, so playing Blyskawica without one would be hard.

Members
4,446 posts
19,367 battles

Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya is a good tier 5 BB but I haven't played her since I got Giulio Cesare.

I find Aigle difficult to play effectively mostly due to the sooper slow turret rotation and high detectabiliy. She also has poor maneuverability for a DD. She does have good torpedoes.

Some players consider Blyskawica to be not so good since the end of OWSF but she's actually a tough powerful DD. My only complaint about her is the high detection range. (6.8, the same as Aigle) One big downside to Blyskie, is there are very few other botes right now that you can use her to train Captains for.

[FML]
Members
3,930 posts
15,436 battles
3 hours ago, Gelo_rules said:

Good morning, I have accrued enough coal to purchase at least one of the ships; Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya, Aigle, and Blyskawica. My priority would be that its a great credit earner and very forgivable (low skill base) because even when I tagged along the game since conception (alpha test), I am still crapand crap executing theories and playing. Of course the fun factor and rarity would be nice.

Hi, welcome to WoWS :)

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of any of those three ships - they can be a bit tricky to use, so a newer player wont get the most out of them. Instead, you could save your coal for a higher tier ship - if you select the 'more resources' containers for your daily crates, you can generate enough coal for a T8-T10 ship every 3-4 months or so.  I suggest saving the coal.  

You may wish to rush up the Soviet cruiser line to T5 - the Kirov is about to be made a premium ship, so if you want a quick premium ship for free, I recommend getting that ship quicksmart. 

If you are interested in buying a premium ship, a discussion on what premium ships are good value for newer players can be found on my New Player Guide Premium Ships for New Players.  This includes a discussion about how to quickly improve your play, if that's helpful.  

Hope that helps!

Edited by UltimateNewbie

[CHBAY]
Beta Testers
545 posts
3,605 battles

Aigle is a fun little thing and there's a mission for a 75th anniversary skin for it right now to boot.

[-KIA-]
Members
3,464 posts
14,780 battles

Mh, not gonna lie, if you want a credit maker you need to save for T9.

That said, if you want something fairly easy to play then go for Okto. That BB haven't changed much since its introduction and doesn't really care about powercreep. Aigle is a fun ship and a decent one but I wouldn't recommend buying that ship unless it's for collection.

[USMC2]
Members
13 posts
633 battles
4 hours ago, Ozium said:

Neu Player hier

do you mean new player here?

I guess so yeah

[USMC2]
Members
13 posts
633 battles
3 hours ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Hi, welcome to WoWS :)

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of any of those three ships - they can be a bit tricky to use, so a newer player wont get the most out of them. Instead, you could save your coal for a higher tier ship - if you select the 'more resources' containers for your daily crates, you can generate enough coal for a T8-T10 ship every 3-4 months or so.  I suggest saving the coal.  

You may wish to rush up the Soviet cruiser line to T5 - the Kirov is about to be made a premium ship, so if you want a quick premium ship for free, I recommend getting that ship quicksmart. 

If you are interested in buying a premium ship, a discussion on what premium ships are good value for newer players can be found on my New Player Guide Premium Ships for New Players.  This includes a discussion about how to quickly improve your play, if that's helpful.  

Hope that helps!

This is very insightful, thank you. A much different world from Forum/WoTB

[ANZ4C]
Members
108 posts
8,901 battles
8 hours ago, tfcas119 said:

Aigle is the best T6 DD for operations, which is a decent way to make credits, but not for new players (FR DDs in general are not for new players)

Aigle can do well in operations. If it's better than a T-61 is highly debatable.

8 hours ago, Gelo_rules said:

None of the Above. Keep accruing your coal until you can get a nice T-IX coal ship.

Also be aware that the Black, Flint and Neustrashimy will be available for Coal Soon(tm). As a very general rule, T-VIII and T-IX premiums are the best credit grinders around when playing in T-X matches. Although a T-VII can also haul in the credits in a T-IX match.

Members
829 posts
4,679 battles

As a new player I'd suggest saving the coal and then picking up a Tier 9 Premium ship.

Especially, especially if you're a free to play player. The biggest problem for F2P players is accumulating Credits. T9 Premiums are top tier for making credits.

Another thing to do is all the campaigns. You can get a lot of good stuff from those. Note you can repeat the same missions, so you aren't stuck having to do super hard ones to progress.

Also, if you ever get dubloons, don't spend them on anything. Hopefully at some-point you'll accumulate enough to get a Tier 7 ship like a Scharnhorst or Atlanta.

Edited by macktkau2