You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Rokkator

0.9.4 - Other Changes

26 comments in this topic

Members
137 posts
11,317 battles

So in update 0.9.4 a whole bunch of ships are getting tweaked.

Spoiler

In Update 0.9.4, we've made changes to the parameters of certain ships based on our analysis of their battle efficiency and feedback from players. Such changes were required in order to carefully adjust the balance of selected warships. Further changes may follow, should they be required, in future updates.

Tier VIII European destroyer Öland:

• Standard torpedo tube reload time reduced from 70 to 59 s.

Tier VIII U.S. cruiser Cleveland:

• Fighter consumable added to the slot with Surveillance Radar.

Tier IX Seattle and Tier X Worcester U.S. cruisers:

• Fighter and Spotting Aircraft consumables added to the slot with Surveillance Radar.

Tier VIII U.S. battleship North Carolina:

• Deck armor thickness increased from 37 to 38 mm.

Destroyers Nicholas, Farragut, Mahan, Benson, Fletcher, and Ognevoi:

• Defensive AA Fire consumable is now available for mounting on any hull.

Tier III Soviet cruiser Aurora:

• Gun traverse speed increased from 5.3 to 5.5 deg/s.

Tier IV Soviet battleship Gangut:

• Base main battery firing range increased from 12.3 to 12.4 km.

Tier III U.K. destroyer Valkyrie:

• Main battery reload time increased from 5.4 to 5.6 s.

Tier IX U.K. destroyer Jutland:

• Main battery reload time increased from 4.2 to 4.3 s.
  • Torpedo tube reload time increased from 124 to 125 s.

Tier X U.K. destroyer Daring:

• Main battery reload time increased from 2.7 to 2.8 s.
  • Torpedo tube reload time increased from 124 to 125 s.

Tier II U.K. cruiser Weymouth:

• Added the Repair Party consumable.
  • Main battery reload time increased from 8.57 to 8.9 s.

Tier V U.K. cruiser Hawkins:

• Main battery reload time reduced from 13.5 to 13 s.

Tier V German destroyer Т-22:

• Hydroacoustic Search consumable added in a separate slot.

Tier VI German destroyer Ernst Gaede:

• Hydroacoustic Search consumable is available for mounting on a standard hull.

Aircraft:

• The spotting range of all aircraft has been reduced from 17 to 16 km (spotting range being a parameter that determines the distance at which an aircraft can detect a hostile target).

Of note, the following are the changes that are interesting to me:

Seattle & Wooster are getting a spotter plane... I can't wait for the memes that THIS is going to create. (I really want to see Yuro playing a Wooster with spotter plane!) :cap_win:

Jutland & Daring are getting reload nerfs. :cap_old:

But the most interesting of all is T-22 is getting hydroacoustic search. This might finally make the Tugboat-22 into a ship worth playing! :cap_yes:

In other news: 
"The word “Flag” has been removed from the names of flags." :Smile_teethhappy:

For anyone interested, all this information can be found at the BOTTOM of the 0.9.4 article under "Other Changes".
I strongly suggest reading all the patch notes, you might find interesting things that others have missed.

Edited by Rokkator
  • Cool 1

[GRAVE]
Members
1,268 posts
18,787 battles

Fixed a bug that caused aerial bombs to deal damage later than the point when they hit the target.   

very last change in the patch notes: it took them only a month to fix CV desync, nothing about gun desync. Kind of shows WG seems to love CVs more than anyone else.

• Cool 1

[FAE]
Members
2,610 posts
3,593 battles

Why was it so important to get spotter planes on Seattle and Wooster?

[WOLFB]
Members
3,144 posts
7,188 battles

why do we need another tread on this. Could you have not put your comments in the other threads?

• Boring 1

Members
137 posts
11,317 battles
2 minutes ago, BlailBlerg said:

I have absolutely no clue, especially since I realistically can't see anyone actually using it.

1 minute ago, Lonewolfpj said:

why do we need another tread on this. Could you have not put your comments in the other threads

Well, I didn't see any other posts on the discussion board specifically relating to these various changes to these ships, so I made one.

[WOLFB]
Members
3,144 posts
7,188 battles
Just now, Rokkator said:

I have absolutely no clue, especially since I realistically can't see anyone actually using it.

Well, I didn't see any other posts on the discussion board specifically relating to these various changes to these ships, so I made one.

Sorry I am just being a jerk.

I am curious to some of the ship changes as well I never thought those changes where needed.

Members
137 posts
11,317 battles
1 minute ago, Lonewolfpj said:

I am curious to some of the ship changes as well I never thought those changes where needed.

Yeah, some of the minor ones sort of make sense, like Hawkins' reload buff, or even the British destroyer Nerf, but I have never heard anyone ever asked to have a spotter plane on the Wooster.

That said I've never played the T-22, (got Gaede during the Christmas campaign and worked my way up to Z-52) but now that the T-22 has hydro, I really want to try her.

[FAE]
Members
2,610 posts
3,593 battles

There's huge upside to ships like Minotaur who have a default consumable (Smoke)  but a powerful but rarely used option (Radar). In more curated formats like Ranked or CB or custom battles with only one ship type (think the 12 Mino vs 12 Smolensk showcase), you see people run the other option and its great. 

Also divs. Mino1 radar, Mino2 smoke, optional Mino3 smoke. 

But exactly what is the use of the spotter plane? (These ships really don't get much value out of lobbing out so far also) 

[NUWES]
Members
3,133 posts
10,730 battles
1 hour ago, Rokkator said:

Yeah, some of the minor ones sort of make sense, like Hawkins' reload buff, or even the British destroyer Nerf, but I have never heard anyone ever asked to have a spotter plane on the Wooster.

That said I've never played the T-22, (got Gaede during the Christmas campaign and worked my way up to Z-52) but now that the T-22 has hydro, I really want to try her.

I'm not even sure how a spotter helps Worcester.  I can't think of too many situations where radar isn't better. 

I guess maybe for firing into smoke, or maybe if they can drop depth charges when submarines come out, but the float time on those shells is brutal at the end of normal ranges. I can only imagine what it would look like at the end of spotter-boosted ranges. You probably could use a sundial to time the shots.

Members
411 posts
6,053 battles

Maybe the additional spotter planes are for later adding in ASW aircraft to these cruisers to help fight Tier X submarines.

[_BDA_]
Members
306 posts
4,830 battles

Speaking of spotter planes:  If spotting distance is determined by the height of the ship doing the spotting... i.e. the taller the ship the greater the spotting range, why doesn't a spotter plane increase spotting distance?  Shooting farther is all well and good, but you still can't SEE the target to hit it.

Members
137 posts
11,317 battles
1 hour ago, michael_zahnle said:

Speaking of spotter planes:  If spotting distance is determined by the height of the ship doing the spotting... i.e. the taller the ship the greater the spotting range, why doesn't a spotter plane increase spotting distance?  Shooting farther is all well and good, but you still can't SEE the target to hit it.

That's an interesting point.

Hmm... 

[CHBAY]
Beta Testers
559 posts
3,665 battles

T-22 is a wonderful little thing, the hydro will actually make it great.

• Cool 1

[-KIA-]
Members
3,471 posts
14,825 battles

No one is mentioning the removal of normal consummable even though it's one of the things that will drastically help player in their credit management, especially new players.

And yes I guess spotter Worcester will be a thing to try.

[PVE]
Members
11,837 posts
24,510 battles

Another thing not talked about much is the reduction in CV service cost which is long over due.

• Cool 2

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,735 posts

Good gravy, the Worcester already has long range for a light cruiser, and the shells are already on a suborbital arc at max range.  

I guess max range with spotter will be useful for lobbing the hellfire over islands at stationary ships.  

[D-H-O]
Alpha Tester
993 posts
7 hours ago, tfcas119 said:

Fixed a bug that caused aerial bombs to deal damage later than the point when they hit the target.   

very last change in the patch notes: it took them only a month to fix CV desync, nothing about gun desync. Kind of shows WG seems to love CVs more than anyone else.

Nah, it’s a cv nerf as ship guns can do desync damage to CVs but CVs can’t bomb and do the same.   Kind of shows WG seems to hate CVs as much as everyone else.  :cap_cool:

• Confused 1

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts
11 hours ago, tfcas119 said:

What was going on that needed to be fixed?

[ANZ4C]
Members
116 posts
6,902 battles
17 hours ago, BlailBlerg said:

For the memes 

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,113 posts
14,323 battles
15 hours ago, michael_zahnle said:

Shooting farther is all well and good, but you still can't SEE the target to hit it.

Have you used spotter plane at all? The altered perspective can be very helpful in aiming at a spotted ship hiding behind a mountain, or in smoke as others have said. That's why a lot of people pop one even when the target is within the unenhanced gun range.

[_BDA_]
Members
306 posts
4,830 battles
8 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Have you used spotter plane at all? The altered perspective can be very helpful in aiming at a spotted ship hiding behind a mountain, or in smoke as others have said. That's why a lot of people pop one even when the target is within the unenhanced gun range.

I do use spotter planes, and that feature is very helpful.  However, it should still extend the spotting range even if only by a kilometer or so.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,735 posts

Hopefully this is the start of putting a "scout bombers" option on cruisers and battleships for some ASW capability. 

[--O--]
Members
931 posts
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

so does toggling map view :) along with enlarged mini-map to put the x on the spot.