Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SKurj

VE Day camos...

10 comments in this topic

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

Just curious here why WG would offer these camos for ships that already come with an included camo that gives the same bonuses...

Why not offer camo's like this for tech tree ships, wouldn't that offer more encouragement for the player base to grind them out or pay cash for them?

I have texas... but not going to pay 5$ or do the silly grind for the camo...   if it was a tech tree ship i do not have a perma camo for you bet i would consider it.

[SACH]
[SACH]
Members
990 posts

Yeh WG kinda slipped up on that. If they had offered all of the allied ships a Prema camo option that would have been great . I'd slap those in my favorite ships. 

Oh well if I get one, I get one. if not ....:Smile-_tongue:

[USCC2]
Members
6,060 posts

As you say, I think nearly every ship has another premium camo it can use - I really do not know why they did it.

I'm fed up with thinking the worst of WG, but I see them all around a table saying 'No...no, I've got a better idea - let's make them pay for something that doesn't actually give them anything 'extra' - hell they lapped up the Black Lacquer camo, let's do it again!'

Then someone else around the table says 'And lets not put 'camo' in any of the titles, let's just put the name of the ship and VE Day...that way a new player that has no concept and would probably bork at being asked to pay $40 for a pixel ship, will buy this camo thinking he's buying a new ship; trollolololol!'

On the 'better' side they did something that celebrated the occasion and allowed people to earn the camos too - so dismissing my words above....thank you WG.

• Cool 2

[CK5]
Members
1,374 posts
14,365 battles

The WG marketing department is beyond cynical and is just kind of mean spirited. 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
27 posts
13,726 battles

When I saw the 20000 base xp on the last third, I said 'Pass'.

• Cool 2

[NUWES]
Members
3,139 posts
10,767 battles
9 minutes ago, Nytewyng said:

God, that one took forever. I'm trying to complete a second one but I doubt it will happen. Worst part is it is base xp so there is little you can do to speed it up. 

Members
4,318 posts
4,594 battles

I'm surprised New Orleans got a camo over Indianapolis. I mean people play it more than the premium, but still. 

Edited by Yoshiblue

[CYNIC]
Members
2,638 posts
6,217 battles

I have no interest in obtaining a different looking, yet same benefit camo.  Most of the perms do the same thing ---  don't need a different-looking-yet-same-thing item.  If they're going to offer something different, make it different.  VE day camos should have a CXP bump for instance.  Other camos depending on the theme should be able to squeeze a little something extra in there as well.  Space camos for instance, same situation.  They'll introduce new mechanics (fuel smoke, SAP) for "uniqueness" yet same old canned stuff w/ camos. 

• Cool 1

Members
4,318 posts
4,594 battles

I don't mind it. Dunkerque for example looks great with the Fleur d'Acier camo over the boxed in one. Graf Spee looks nice with 2016 New Years camo. That said those were earnable for free. 

[KOFTT]
Members
106 posts
10,995 battles
9 hours ago, Nytewyng said:

Seriously?  20k base xp to get an alternate perma camo that does the same thing as the one we already have?  Oh, and that's after the 60k commander xp and 60k xp. 

51 minutes ago, CV_Jeebies said:

I have no interest in obtaining a different looking, yet same benefit camo.  Most of the perms do the same thing ---  don't need a different-looking-yet-same-thing item.  If they're going to offer something different, make it different.  VE day camos should have a CXP bump for instance.  Other camos depending on the theme should be able to squeeze a little something extra in there as well.  Space camos for instance, same situation.  They'll introduce new mechanics (fuel smoke, SAP) for "uniqueness" yet same old canned stuff w/ camos. 

Agreed. 

Sign in to follow this