Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CS_Raston

HE and Overpens

12 comments in this topic

[WAR-S]
[WAR-S]
Members
108 posts
14,933 battles

I didn't see a post on this, maybe there is, but we need something done about the HE fire chance in tier 8-10. Between it and the overpens they are taking the fun out of playing BB's in high tiers. Giving a reduction in fire chance when using IFHE has also increased the use of HE spam. 

• Funny 1
  • Confused 4
  • Boring 1

Members
1,660 posts
5 minutes ago, CS_Raston said:

I didn't see a post on this, maybe there is, but we need something done about the HE fire chance in tier 8-10. Between it and the overpens they are taking the fun out of playing BB's in high tiers. Giving a reduction in fire chance when using IFHE has also increased the use of HE spam. 

Hasn't IFHE always reduced your chances of starting a fire?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WORX]
Members
10,594 posts
18,494 battles
7 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

Hasn't IFHE always reduced your chances of starting a fire?

IMO, The IFHE policy change made fire MORE relevant for some calibers... 157MM guns and below are now useless against +2MM, fire is the only option to sink them quickly..

[WORX]
Members
10,594 posts
18,494 battles
18 minutes ago, CS_Raston said:

Due to high tiers having disproportionate ordnance threats... All ship classes are affected... What ever you're asking will only make the situation worse...

Edited by Navalpride33

[WOLFC]
Members
1,611 posts
9,436 battles
15 minutes ago, CS_Raston said:

Giving a reduction in fire chance when using IFHE has also increased the use of HE spam. 

I hate to break it to you, but those cruisers are going to be spamming HE at you regardless of whether or not they took IFHE. And how did increasing the fire chance penalty from IFHE make things worse for you in your BB? :Smile_amazed:

• Cool 2

[BOTO]
Members
1,260 posts
15,339 battles
36 minutes ago, CS_Raston said:

Battleships derived a great benefit from the IFHE rework. So now you're proposing a *further* nerf?? 

Members
4 posts
2,328 battles

I play cruisers and spent a lot of time not having IHFE.  What else is a light cruiser with no torps going to do?  Remember, against a BB, we are one to two salvos away from going back to the barn.  

[SYN]
Members
15,857 posts
12,803 battles

You should try playing a ship that can only deal damage by starting fires with floaty shells.

[WOLFG]
Members
28,905 posts
8,155 battles

I will say that, playing the 155 Mogami, I'm amazed at the damage that thing can put out, without being able to cross the 32mm threshold.

And only 20-25% is fires....

[WAR-S]
[WAR-S]
Members
108 posts
14,933 battles

Yes IFHE did reduce fire chance in the past and it was halved this time. I do use IFHE on many ships with guns 180 mm and below for the penetration chance taking into account the reduction of fire chance. It's not about IFHE it's about the percentage chance of ships catching fire from HE. I used IFHE as an example for more using HE now due to the penalty. On top of that AP from BB's has too many overpens to be effective against cruisers. I know some BB guys who are using HE instead for that fact. I've also listened to CC's on Twitch talk about how HE has reduced the abilities of high tier BB's to be effective and enjoyable to play. I play all types of ships except CV's and all I'm saying is just reduce the HE fire chance so that BB's aren't spending most of their time fighting 3 or 4 fires and seeing half their shells that do hit get overpens. In the past BB captains complained of DD's and torps but I'd rather dodge 8 torps, with the adrenaline pumping, than seeing napalm from heaven pouring down on me, with no skill involved. One simple fix would be to decrease the BB's potential to catch fire. 

[WAR-S]
[WAR-S]
Members
108 posts
14,933 battles
8 hours ago, MrDeaf said:

You should try playing a ship that can only deal damage by starting fires with floaty shells.

If you mean guns with high arcs I have the Atlanta. 

[WAR-S]
[WAR-S]
Members
108 posts
14,933 battles

No Zoup had a video today talking about the BB's you might want to check it out. 

Sign in to follow this