Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MEANN

4 games or less to quit for the morning

99 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,792
[HATE]
Members
1,014 posts
15,045 battles

let's talk about fun vs unfun. 

I played 4 matches this morning. I will include 1 screenshot of the last game that caused me to stop playing. We have to talk about some level of skill based match making. 

image.thumb.png.0262521798ff0ecf9c192910ec1a017c.png

so a recap of my team. 7 plyers with less than a 660 pr, collective ave dmg of the 7 red players 17,031. 

The first act of our Dallas was to rush into the c cap against 1 BB t8 1 t6 cruiser and 1 t6 dd. can you guess how long he lived? less than 4 minutes. then the dd ran into the b cap where a chappy and a t8 cossack was. he dies. within 6 minutes we had 0 dd's from 3. within 8 minutes the entire team was killed but the cv and me. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

btw 

 image.thumb.png.96387720bbd6b6507c2cde817165b7a3.png 

SKILL BASED MM

  • 2 groups based on clan battle rating for clan 
  • 1 storm 2 and above group A
  • 2 storm 3 and down group  B (YOU DONT HAVE THIS GROUP AGAINST TYPHOON OR HURRICANE WHY IS IT OK FOR THEM TO BE AGAINST THAT GROUP IN RANDOMS)
  • if not in a clan use the same medium ave player skill in the above mentioned groups. example. all of storm and up would have x  as an ave pr. that would be the cut off 
  • Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,978
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,222 posts
15,346 battles

You are sucking the fun out of your own gameplay.

This game is inherently fun. Steaming around in large warships and shooting big guns is fun. 

Stop wrecking your game experience by concerning yourself with the performance of the other players.

Enter a battle.... have fun......evaluate your own game play and then enter the next battle....care not for what other players did. 

Your fun is hostage to others and that is a choice you are making. Stop it if you can.

  • Cool 23
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,792
[HATE]
Members
1,014 posts
15,045 battles
4 minutes ago, paradat said:

You are sucking the fun out of your own gameplay.

This game is inherently fun. Steaming around in large warships and shooting big guns is fun. 

Stop wrecking your game experience by concerning yourself with the performance of the other players.

Enter a battle.... have fun......evaluate your own game play and then enter the next battle....care not for what other players did. 

Your fun is hostage to others and that is a choice you are making. Stop it if you can.

losing sucks. 

  • Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,978
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,222 posts
15,346 battles
Just now, MEANN said:

losing sucks. 

This game is fun. Win or lose. 

If you learn that you will have so much more fun with this game and others.

Cheers.

  • Cool 6
  • Boring 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
532
[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

and the negative effects of mmm are shown, and yet you still had a decent game...

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
160
[WOLF7]
Members
165 posts
6,167 battles

You mean matchmaking where I get enemy ships that are better at angling, camping and kiting? No, thank; I'll take the open water, mid range ships sailing broadside in a straight line or yoloing into our focus fire.

  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
750
[USMC_]
Members
1,660 posts
20 minutes ago, MEANN said:

let's talk about fun vs unfun. 

I played 4 matches this morning. I will include 1 screenshot of the last game that caused me to stop playing. We have to talk about some level of skill based match making. 

image.thumb.png.0262521798ff0ecf9c192910ec1a017c.png

so a recap of my team. 7 plyers with less than a 660 pr, collective ave dmg of the 7 red players 17,031. 

The first act of our Dallas was to rush into the c cap against 1 BB t8 1 t6 cruiser and 1 t6 dd. can you guess how long he lived? less than 4 minutes. then the dd ran into the b cap where a chappy and a t8 cossack was. he dies. within 6 minutes we had 0 dd's from 3. within 8 minutes the entire team was killed but the cv and me. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

btw 

 image.thumb.png.96387720bbd6b6507c2cde817165b7a3.png 

SKILL BASED MM

  • 2 groups based on clan battle rating for clan 
  • 1 storm 2 and above group A
  • 2 storm 3 and down group  B (YOU DONT HAVE THIS GROUP AGAINST TYPHOON OR HURRICANE WHY IS IT OK FOR THEM TO BE AGAINST THAT GROUP IN RANDOMS)
  • if not in a clan use the same medium ave player skill in the above mentioned groups. example. all of storm and up would have x  as an ave pr. that would be the cut off 

And how would your example handle people in a clan that have never participated in a clan battle themself?  Or measure clans that have never participated in clan battles?  Success in clan battles doesn't necessarily translate to being a skilled Random player anymore than hi being a skilled Rank battle players does.

My 10 battles this morning, the team that was 'weaker' before the battle won seven of the battles.  I did notice in one battle players giving up before the fight was over even though they were on the 'stronger' team.

Near as I can figure, the only thing that a skill based MM would do is push everyone closer to a 50% win rate and equal skills.

Edited by Gunga_Dinner
spelling/typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,326
[WORX]
Members
9,823 posts
17,782 battles

MEANN,

 

            Its mid tier match... If it was a high tier match. I would suspect power creep products and lack of production from high caliber guns.

Since we're talking about mid-tier adapt to your game play... The good thing about mid tier game play is... You lose 3 ships and its a challenge rather then instant loss (especially at high tiers).. 

What I see in your end of battle results.... Zero kills... No citadels... Which tells me you were DMG farming BBs (again based on the low hit total and the 100k DMG result)...

Next time MEANN, Adapt. Stop DMG farming and play the objective.. Sink some cruisers next time, give your fleet a fighting chance instead of stat padding. 

Must importantly, stop blaming others for your short fall in production in the match.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46
[PMWC1]
Members
142 posts
4,090 battles

Those teams aren’t horribly imbalanced looking at the averages up top.

I’ve been in a few 55%-45% or worse randoms this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,622
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,450 posts
10,882 battles
24 minutes ago, paradat said:

You are sucking the fun out of your own gameplay.

This game is inherently fun. Steaming around in large warships and shooting big guns is fun. 

Stop wrecking your game experience by concerning yourself with the performance of the other players.

Enter a battle.... have fun......evaluate your own game play and then enter the next battle....care not for what other players did. 

Your fun is hostage to others and that is a choice you are making. Stop it if you can.

I agree with this and I can live for now with my 47% win rate although I'm really trying hard to improve on that .

What bothers me is how I got there . The 3 or 4 days of losing 6 or 7 games out of 10 followed almost always by 3 or 4 days of winning 6 or 7 out of 10 games is very frustrating . 

Now a lot of this is obviously due to my poor game play but a lot of it is directly affected by how good my team is also . It feels like I really have no control over my wins or loses as a solo player .

Not good enough to carry not bad enough to cause a loss for my team just right in between . 

I just wish the long win streaks and long losing streaks were spaced differently still averaging out to my 47 % win rate till I get better .

This would make it easier to just play for fun and enjoy the game .

 

 

 

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,076
[CVA16]
Members
5,113 posts
15,291 battles
50 minutes ago, MEANN said:

losing sucks. 

True. It also doesn't pay very well. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,978
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,222 posts
15,346 battles
3 minutes ago, clammboy said:

I agree with this and I can live for now with my 47% win rate although I'm really trying hard to improve on that .

What bothers me is how I got there . The 3 or 4 days of losing 6 or 7 games out of 10 followed almost always by 3 or 4 days of winning 6 or 7 out of 10 games is very frustrating . 

Now a lot of this is obviously due to my poor game play but a lot of it is directly affected by how good my team is also . It feels like I really have no control over my wins or loses as a solo player .

Not good enough to carry not bad enough to cause a loss for my team just right in between . 

I just wish the long win streaks and long losing streaks were spaced differently still averaging out to my 47 % win rate till I get better .

This would make it easier to just play for fun and enjoy the game .

 

 

 

 

Sounds like you are about half way there lol. Keep at it. It is totally OK to want to improve and to take steps for that to happen. Try to focus less on your win rate. Play a battle when it is over think about what you did what you might have done differently and move on to the next battle. Do this for Loses but also do this on Wins. This will help you improve let the win rate take care of itself. Seriously do not worry about it. Explore the Meta, explore different lines and ship types enjoy the journey over the destination.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
479
[BOTO]
Members
1,194 posts
14,398 battles
1 hour ago, MEANN said:

let's talk about fun vs unfun. 

I played 4 matches this morning. I will include 1 screenshot of the last game that caused me to stop playing. We have to talk about some level of skill based match making. 

image.thumb.png.0262521798ff0ecf9c192910ec1a017c.png

so a recap of my team. 7 plyers with less than a 660 pr, collective ave dmg of the 7 red players 17,031. 

The first act of our Dallas was to rush into the c cap against 1 BB t8 1 t6 cruiser and 1 t6 dd. can you guess how long he lived? less than 4 minutes. then the dd ran into the b cap where a chappy and a t8 cossack was. he dies. within 6 minutes we had 0 dd's from 3. within 8 minutes the entire team was killed but the cv and me. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

btw 

 image.thumb.png.96387720bbd6b6507c2cde817165b7a3.png 

SKILL BASED MM

  • 2 groups based on clan battle rating for clan 
  • 1 storm 2 and above group A
  • 2 storm 3 and down group  B (YOU DONT HAVE THIS GROUP AGAINST TYPHOON OR HURRICANE WHY IS IT OK FOR THEM TO BE AGAINST THAT GROUP IN RANDOMS)
  • if not in a clan use the same medium ave player skill in the above mentioned groups. example. all of storm and up would have x  as an ave pr. that would be the cut off 

Stop using MMM.  Work on your solo game.  Then the wins will come.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
671
[--O--]
Members
931 posts
1 hour ago, MEANN said:

let's talk about fun vs unfun.
SKILL BASED MM

  • 2 groups based on clan battle rating for clan 
  • 1 storm 2 and above group A
  • 2 storm 3 and down group  B (YOU DONT HAVE THIS GROUP AGAINST TYPHOON OR HURRICANE WHY IS IT OK FOR THEM TO BE AGAINST THAT GROUP IN RANDOMS)
  • if not in a clan use the same medium ave player skill in the above mentioned groups. example. all of storm and up would have x  as an ave pr. that would be the cut off 

First this is a GREAT example of why people should Hide their stats and Second why MMM should just be deleted. You were looking for a reason to blame others and it was the perfect place to do so.

Now. MMM aside I played 5 this morning and quit as well, Cuisers and BB's sitting in the back yelling at dds, No support and then watching a failed t7-8 div in a t-10 match plus the double blow-out... Maybe i will play later but its getting harder and harder for me to want to play. I know its beating the dead horse but:

This is all wargamings fault. When you start making it so easy for people to buy their way to a skill-leve (aka tier) they are in no way shape or form ready for it just degenerates the game. I dont need MMM to tell me that my eyes dont lie, its not hard to pick out a good player from people who dont know how to play a ship... Worse is in chat seeing people tell NO SMOKE DD's to Smoke or asking which ships have Radar or Hydro in a t-10 game and so many other things. Its just making me want to go play the game that shall no be named here more and more.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,792
[HATE]
Members
1,014 posts
15,045 battles
34 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

MEANN,

 

            Its mid tier match... If it was a high tier match. I would suspect power creep products and lack of production from high caliber guns.

Since we're talking about mid-tier adapt to your game play... The good thing about mid tier game play is... You lose 3 ships and its a challenge rather then instant loss (especially at high tiers).. 

What I see in your end of battle results.... Zero kills... No citadels... Which tells me you were DMG farming BBs (again based on the low hit total and the 100k DMG result)...

Next time MEANN, Adapt. Stop DMG farming and play the objective.. Sink some cruisers next time, give your fleet a fighting chance instead of stat padding. 

Must importantly, stop blaming others for your short fall in production in the match.

so i was on c cap which i held, i was not damage farming. the cv thought it was a great idea to run to my side of the map, i just could not kill him as fast as his planes could kill me. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,326
[WORX]
Members
9,823 posts
17,782 battles
6 minutes ago, MEANN said:

so i was on c cap which i held, i was not damage farming. the cv thought it was a great idea to run to my side of the map, i just could not kill him as fast as his planes could kill me. 

 

And SBMM will not have changed the outcome either... Again, sink some cruisers next time... This ^^ sounds like human error rather then a MM issue.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
149
[HKC]
Members
572 posts
1 hour ago, MEANN said:

losing sucks. 

"Losing" has no meaning in this type of game.  The win requirements are arbitrary.  Two teams of random strangers with wildly different skills, ages and motivations tossed together cannot be expected to perform as a cohesive  unit in any way.   Sometimes you get more experienced players on your team than the reds have.  Sometimes you don't.

This will never - ever - change.

So set your own standards for what a win means.  And have fun.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
424
[MEIST]
Members
1,437 posts
5,626 battles
25 minutes ago, clammboy said:

I agree with this and I can live for now with my 47% win rate although I'm really trying hard to improve on that .

What bothers me is how I got there . The 3 or 4 days of losing 6 or 7 games out of 10 followed almost always by 3 or 4 days of winning 6 or 7 out of 10 games is very frustrating . 

Now a lot of this is obviously due to my poor game play but a lot of it is directly affected by how good my team is also . It feels like I really have no control over my wins or loses as a solo player .

Not good enough to carry not bad enough to cause a loss for my team just right in between . 

I just wish the long win streaks and long losing streaks were spaced differently still averaging out to my 47 % win rate till I get better .

This would make it easier to just play for fun and enjoy the game .

With as many games you have played I'm not sure that you will be able to really move that percentage that much. I don't know what a win or lose means % wise with that many games. I have been trying to get my percentage up, but after I move it up. Then the losing streak comes in and takes a good chunk back, If not all of it. Right now, when I get a win or lose that moves my percentage by 0.01%. The streaks suck and I have been to stubborn at times after 4 straight loses I kept playing and the next thing I know it's 13 loses.

My average XP goes up every game though. I play the objective, I spot and I don't damage farm. I try to take out the red ships. I mostly play DDs any more. Sometimes I get 120,00 in spotting damage and others 10,000. It is hard to have fun when you see your team disappear in 5 minutes, but I try.

Good luck on the streaks out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,169
[HEROS]
Members
1,939 posts
16,681 battles

Dear OP...

  News flash.  It aint gonna happen.   It hasn't happened since this game launched and it aint gonna happen now.  There is no "conspiracy".  The Match maker does not look or compare player stats.  It looks at ships and tiers.  That is it.

Most players of this game do NOT know how to fight, what it means to fight.  They don't understand "Get Stuck In" .

A Story; 

Yesterday I was in a Sharnhorst "premium" Tier VII on the two brother map.  I went west.  The rest of the team other than 1 cruiser and a single DD went east.

3 of us against what ever came around the west side of the map.  In the end I didn't manage to sink anyone or even deal that much damage.  It wasn't for a lack of effort.  I was visible to the opfor the entirety of the match.  I tanked off 3.25 million ( a new record for me) and change of damage for over 14 minutes.  Facing me were 3 Colorado's, a Fuso, a sIngle DD, and a sIngle heavy cruiser.   The cruiser that was with us west side turned around and left.  The DD, and my self stayed stuck in and did not run away.  The rest of the team, with my two division mates IN THE LEAD eventually pushed around the east side of the map and pushed into the OPFOR cap.  I scored 3rd from the bottom.   We won.   I and that DD made that win possible.  The DD survived the match, I didn't.  

My stats are linked at the bottom of the post.

I've always played aggressively from the day I first started playing this game.  I eventually learned to play aggressively "well".  To Temper my aggression with knowledge, and wisdom, and painfully learned lessons because I will NOT give up.  Most player NEVER learn how to do this which is why they have such abyssal win rates.  So you ever see ME in a match, you can count on the fact that I will FIGHT.   You can count on me to drive to the fight no matter what I am driving.  

And I do not depend on my team mates to BE team mates.  I have zero control over that.  I only have control over me.  And that is why I consistently place in the top 5 on my team even when I am on the loosing side because I get stuck in.    But it's not about me.  That old saw applies.. There is no "I" in "Team"  Your either a team player or your not.  It's not about "You".  If you spent less time chasing stats, "WTR", and Personal Rating and instead focus on chasing VICTORY you would likey be on the winning team more often. 

Aggregate numbers such as WTR and PR present a false picture.  My wowsnumbers link is down below in this post.  My PR stinks.   I am not a "gifted" player. I am in fact a grandfather.  Not just an old guy, but a really old guy.  My vision is compromised.  My reflexes are utter crap.  But I can read a mini map, and I know the ships and what they can do, and what a player can do with them.  And most importantly, I know how to fight. 

Right now in the US there is a growing trend long over due.  We're starting to see it reflected in this game.  There are those that blame others, and there are those that find solutions.  Who take the lead. Who either get out front and show the way or get behind and PUSH.    Those who do this are going to be the winners... those that do not are along for the ride and will discover the meaning of "The Dustbin of History".   The question you really need to ask is not of wargaming but of yourself.   Which one are you?

Go make your win rate happen.

TL_Warlord_Roff sends

P.S. Apologies folks, kinda sorta.  I'm feeling especially crusty today, and getting really tired of hearing people essentially claim they have some sort of right to be carried.   If your making the effort I'll back ya up.  Maybe between all of us the sum will greater that the parts.  That's called Synergy and it never happens by it self.

It is one of those rare honest to god "Binary Solution sets".   Your either part of the solution, or your not.  It really is that simple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17
[WOLF4]
Members
163 posts
3,812 battles
1 hour ago, MEANN said:

so a recap of my team. 7 plyers with less than a 660 pr, collective ave dmg of the 7 red players 17,031.

One has to be careful citing PR’s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52
[HARU]
Members
100 posts
1,956 battles

Funny... looking at your picture I see on your team 7 red PRs, 1 orange, 2 yellows, 1 green , 1 blue. On the enemy team I see 5 reds, 2 hidden(which means red 99%+ of the time), 1 orange, 2 yellows a green and a blue. So the teams were ACTUALLy matched! lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×