You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Spooky39

SO about California

38 comments in this topic

[MNR]
[MNR]
Members
82 posts
4,177 battles

Is there a Time table to bring her out to play?  Would love to add her to my collection with the Colorado, WV, Arizona, and Texas.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[MNR]
[MNR]
Members
82 posts
4,177 battles

She already in the testing phase. But her reloading time is like 35 sec so i am only gonna use it for Co op. Lets hope they change that.

[WOLFB]
Members
3,186 posts
8,175 battles

She has gone through a long development phase. I feel like all the new ships are taking longer now then they used to. But i would say WG will say she is coming soon. 

I would guess we will see her as the next ship that goes on sale with Memorial day coming up. But that is just a guess

Members
468 posts
8,433 battles

Maybe split the American battleship line at Tier VI or VIII with a slow and fast line and have California as a reward ship during said split?   I say that because the majority of the new ships would be the high tier slow BBs, while only a few fast BBs are added mid-tier (Battlecruiser Lexington and/or maybe the first version of North Carolina (with quad 14 inch guns) as the Tier VI and VII fast battleships).

The Slow BB line might have the 1920s South Dakota as the Tier VIII, and than two of the many variants of the Tillman design (70,000 to 80,000 tons) as the Tier IX and X.  (The Tier IX likely being one of the two sextuple turret designs (24 x 16 inch guns, and the Tier X being one of the two 18 inch guns designs with trip[e or triple and twin turrets (13 or 15 guns).  Because 25.2 knot Tier IX and X battleships armed with ridiculous numbers of heavy guns would probably be balanced, since the Tillmans, even as "Maximum battleships" are Panamax battleships with World War One armor schemes.

Also a the Sextuple turrets will be amusing against Soviet battleships. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[SVF]
Members
1,861 posts
2,438 battles

WG decided that 14in guns having a 34.2s reload and 60s traverse, at T7, is just fine.  Which is laughable.  California could have been decent, but it is not to be, sadly.

• Cool 3

[WMD]
Members
1,926 posts
10,914 battles
24 minutes ago, Lonewolfpj said:

She has gone through a long development phase. I feel like all the new ships are taking longer now then they used to. But i would say WG will say she is coming soon. 

I would guess we will see her as the next ship that goes on sale with Memorial day coming up. But that is just a guess

Thank the GC melt down for that.

Now that WG knows the community won't tolerate any changes to premiums once released, even if good for the game, they will take their sweet time making each new premium very "meh". That way, if necessary they can slightly buff it later if its a real stinker. 

Edited by VeatherVitch
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 3

[PEKO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,999 battles

She will latest join the server with patch 9.5, there is a special camo for her

gPySdqw.jpg

[PEKO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,999 battles
41 minutes ago, Spooky39 said:

Is there a Time table to bring her out to play?  Would love to add her to my collection with the Colorado, WV, Arizona, and Texas.

Pfff.. No Arkansas or Missouri in the collection :Smile_trollface:

Members
4 posts
2,328 battles
47 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I see they're still sticking with 34 seconds reload for 356mm guns in Tier VII :Smile_coin:

And 21 knots?      What a joy that will be to play.  Pay good money to see the first random battle where California meets Helena or Cleveland.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ICLAD]
[ICLAD]
Beta Testers
132 posts
14,910 battles

She won't be available during the current crisis.  She is currently under forced lockdown.  :cap_haloween:

• Funny 1

Members
587 posts
5,040 battles
2 hours ago, Spooky39 said:

She already in the testing phase. But her reloading time is like 35 sec so i am only gonna use it for Co op. Lets hope they change that.

Coop. Ouch. Depending on the map and the lineup, it might take 1-2 minutes just to sail into shooting range of anything and then you'll be lucky to get off 3-5 salvos before the game is over.

Members
468 posts
8,433 battles

She's basically a Colorado with triple 14 inch guns (the Big Five were the two Tennessee and the three Colorado, which are basically the same ship with different turrets).  And maximum upgrades to her AA guns.  She's late war, so I'd half expect her to have accurate guns and radar.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,190 posts
6,227 battles
3 hours ago, NoVaDoge said:

What so we can have another slow 21 knot BB?

The standards may be slow, but they have the thicc torpedo bulges and the punchy guns :fish_haloween:.

*parades my Arizona*

Members
4 posts
2,328 battles
3 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Yavuz said:

The standards may be slow, but they have the thicc torpedo bulges and the punchy guns :fish_haloween:.

*parades my Arizona*

Thats great news, but when you're moving at a slow walk and everyone is running, you're missing the party and you'll wind up with celery sticks and cauliflower florets when everyone else got the shrimp cocktail.  And lets remember 21 knots is a fat target for good CV captains.

6,190 posts
6,227 battles
1 minute ago, NoVaDoge said:

Thats great news, but when you're moving at a slow walk and everyone is running, you're missing the party and you'll wind up with celery sticks and cauliflower florets when everyone else got the shrimp cocktail.  And lets remember 21 knots is a fat target for good CV captains.

From my experience (from my punchy Arizona), they have pretty good torpedo bulges, so low chance of flooding if they get you on the sides.

...so get those torpedo beats working.

If you want to fight in the battle early on, then use the spotter aircraft to start sniping from afar.  Then you close the range and sock them in the jaw.

• Boring 1

[EQRN]
Members
2,238 posts
20,498 battles

For Narai, go full throttle to start, keep in a straight line as much as possible, and if you’re lucky you might get to shoot at the final wave :cap_look:

Members
468 posts
8,433 battles

Colorado is Tier VII as well.  California's advantage is that she had more guns.  Her disadvantage is that they are smaller guns, and thus can't penetrate as good as the 16 inch guns.   I would probably do better in California than Colorado due to having better experience in New Mexico than Colorado.

Members
247 posts

My guess is it will end up being a Christmas gift(or maybe for the anniversary of the game) , its one of those ships that's simply dropped off the radar and that normally means that there is something lined up for it

6,190 posts
6,227 battles
4 minutes ago, Bluemoon51 said:

My guess is it will end up being a Christmas gift(or maybe for the anniversary of the game) , its one of those ships that's simply dropped off the radar and that normally means that there is something lined up for it

That could definitely work because California was one of the major ships at Pearl Harbor - the major naval event of December (at least within the United States)

1424278748763.jpg

[SVF]
Members
1,861 posts
2,438 battles
1 hour ago, Bluemoon51 said:

Probably sooner than that, given the revealed Freedom camo for for the ship.  They are probably wanting to monetize both the ship and camo as soon as they can work in a couple weeks in the marketing/promotion line-up.

Members
247 posts
10 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Yavuz said:

That could definitely work because California was one of the major ships at Pearl Harbor - the major naval event of December (at least within the United States)

1424278748763.jpg

Maybe VJ day.... thats not too long away.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
13,925 posts
29,348 battles
5 hours ago, Spooky39 said:

That long reload was in the most recent changes to the ship. They actually made it LONGER! :Smile_facepalm: Sadly I don't think we will see 30 sec or below. It should be about what KGV is but they are going  to cripple it with that asinine reload. Can you imagine facing T9 ships in the CA with 21 knot speed and 35 sec reload. OY! :Smile_hiding:

Edited by AdmiralThunder