You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Rothgar_57

New Dev Blog is disappointing.

64 comments in this topic

[CDOH]
Members
383 posts
6,899 battles
05.12.2020 10:00
  • Development Blog

ST, unique upgrades update in 0.9.5

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. Any final information will be published on our game's website.

Spoiler

In version 0.9.5 we're beginning to update unique upgrades in our game. The concept of unique upgrades provides an optional opportunity to mount special, but balanced bonuses compared to standard upgrades.
Changes to unique upgrades are designed to balance their efficiency, but at the same time maintain a unique style for each ship.

Enhanced Armaments (X Yueyang, Slot 5):

• Bonus which reduces main battery reload time was increased from 10 to 15%;
  • Penalty to the action time of consumables was removed;
  • Bonus which increases the action time of the "Surveillance Radar" consumable by 20% was added;
  • Bonus which increases the smoke screen dispersion time by 20% was added;
  • Bonus which reduced torpedo tubes reload time was removed.

The older version of this upgrade was unpopular because of low competitiveness with other upgrades in the slot. The new variant of the upgrade offers more aggressive gameplay with an accent on consumables and main battery instead of the concealment upgrade which involves a safe playstyle.

Heavyweight Artillery (X Khabarovsk, Slot 5):

• The penalty which reduced main turret traverse speed was removed;
  • Bonus to the main battery firing range was increased from 8 to 10%;
  • The 20% penalty to the action time of consumables was added

Now the upgrade emphasizes even more the aggressive main battery play style, but in return with decreases the efficiency of consumables.

Enhanced Countermeasures (X Worcester, Slot 6):

• The upgrade was moved from Slot 5 to Slot 6;
  • All bonuses to consumables action time were removed;
  • Bonus which reduces the priority AA sector reload time by 20% was added;
  • Bonus which reduces the reload time of ship's consumables by 20% was added;
  • Bonus which inreases the number of all consumables by 1 was added.

The upgrade was moved from Slot 5 to Slot 6 thus avoiding competition with upgrades which grant bonuses to maneuverability and concealment. The new parameters of the upgrade will emphasize the ship's role as a universal cruiser capable of completing various tasks.

Enhanced Propulsion (X Des Moines, Slot 5):

• The upgrade was moved from Slot 6 to Slot 5;
  • Penalty to the action time of "Surveillance Radar" consumable was removed.

The upgrade was too effective. In order not to deprive the upgrade of its unique features, we moved it to Slot 5, thus putting a choice between maneuverability and concealment of the cruiser.

Increased Firing Elevation of Artillery (X Henri IV, Slot 5):

• Bonus to the main battery reload time was reduced from 12 to 10%;
  • Bonus to the firing range reduced from +8% to +5%.

Enhanced Main Armaments (X Großer Kurfürst, Slot 6):

• Bonus to main battery reload time was reduced from 15 to 10%;
  • Penalty to main turrets traverse speed was removed.

Enhanced Damage Control System (X Montana, Slot 5):

• Bonus which reduces fire extinguishing time was reduced from 15 to 10%;
  • Bonus which reduces flooding recovery time was reduced from 30 to 10%.

Additional Main Battery Loader (X République, Slot 6):

• Penalty to main turrets traverse speed was removed.

Accelerated Torpedo Tube Reload (X Shimakaze, Slot 6):

• The penalty which reduced torpedo tubes traverse speed was reduced from 80 to 70%.

Concerning Henri IV, Großer Kurfürst, Montana, Republique, and Shimakaze, balance changes designed to compensate for the excessive or insufficient effectiveness of their unique upgrades were made.

In the following updates, we will continue working on unique upgrades for other ships.

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. Any final information will be published on our game's website.

• Cool 2

[5D3]
[5D3]
Members
505 posts
15,152 battles
1 hour ago, Rothgar_57 said:

Spoiler

05.12.2020 10:00
  • Development Blog

ST, unique upgrades update in 0.9.5

In version 0.9.5 we're beginning to update unique upgrades in our game. The concept of unique upgrades provides an optional opportunity to mount special, but balanced bonuses compared to standard upgrades.
Changes to unique upgrades are designed to balance their efficiency, but at the same time maintain a unique style for each ship.

Enhanced Armaments (X Yueyang, Slot 5):

• Bonus which reduces main battery reload time was increased from 10 to 15%;
  • Penalty to the action time of consumables was removed;
  • Bonus which increases the action time of the "Surveillance Radar" consumable by 20% was added;
  • Bonus which increases the smoke screen dispersion time by 20% was added;
  • Bonus which reduced torpedo tubes reload time was removed.

The older version of this upgrade was unpopular because of low competitiveness with other upgrades in the slot. The new variant of the upgrade offers more aggressive gameplay with an accent on consumables and main battery instead of the concealment upgrade which involves a safe playstyle.

Heavyweight Artillery (X Khabarovsk, Slot 5):

• The penalty which reduced main turret traverse speed was removed;
  • Bonus to the main battery firing range was increased from 8 to 10%;
  • The 20% penalty to the action time of consumables was added

Now the upgrade emphasizes even more the aggressive main battery play style, but in return with decreases the efficiency of consumables.

Enhanced Countermeasures (X Worcester, Slot 6):

• The upgrade was moved from Slot 5 to Slot 6;
  • All bonuses to consumables action time were removed;
  • Bonus which reduces the priority AA sector reload time by 20% was added;
  • Bonus which reduces the reload time of ship's consumables by 20% was added;
  • Bonus which inreases the number of all consumables by 1 was added.

The upgrade was moved from Slot 5 to Slot 6 thus avoiding competition with upgrades which grant bonuses to maneuverability and concealment. The new parameters of the upgrade will emphasize the ship's role as a universal cruiser capable of completing various tasks.

The upgrade was too effective. In order not to deprive the upgrade of its unique features, we moved it to Slot 5, thus putting a choice between maneuverability and concealment of the cruiser.

Increased Firing Elevation of Artillery (X Henri IV, Slot 5):

• Bonus to the main battery reload time was reduced from 12 to 10%;
  • Bonus to the firing range reduced from +8% to +5%.

Enhanced Main Armaments (X Großer Kurfürst, Slot 6):

• Bonus to main battery reload time was reduced from 15 to 10%;
  • Penalty to main turrets traverse speed was removed.

Enhanced Damage Control System (X Montana, Slot 5):

• Bonus which reduces fire extinguishing time was reduced from 15 to 10%;
  • Bonus which reduces flooding recovery time was reduced from 30 to 10%.

Additional Main Battery Loader (X République, Slot 6):

• Penalty to main turrets traverse speed was removed.

• The penalty which reduced torpedo tubes traverse speed was reduced from 80 to 70%.

Concerning Henri IV, Großer Kurfürst, Montana, Republique, and Shimakaze, balance changes designed to compensate for the excessive or insufficient effectiveness of their unique upgrades were made.

In the following updates, we will continue working on unique upgrades for other ships.

this is stupid, the dm legend and monty are being nerfed. [edited]

• Cool 1

[FORM]
Members
1,629 posts
11,344 battles
1 hour ago, lordholland4293 said:

They really hurt the DM one for sure. Heaven forbid the older ships don't get power crept enough, gotta nerf the UUs now. 

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,607 posts
19,739 battles

Is WG bit by bit destroying WoWS on purpose? What guilt the developers must have because a ship is good in game play in WoWS. FYI Devs - in competition everyone can not go home with a trophy. There needs to be something to fear in life and in game play too. Let nature be natural. There is one thing to say "Game Balance" another to use it as a shield to hide from whiners. This is nuts.

Edited by Tpaktop2_1
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[CDOH]
Members
383 posts
6,899 battles
1 hour ago, lordholland4293 said:

I don't get why you would nerf these mods.  Isn't it in war-gaming interest to keep these mods compelling to grind research bureau? Also i have not heard anyone complain about The Monty and DM being OP with the mods.

[PISD]
Members
1,280 posts
5,274 battles
1 minute ago, Rothgar_57 said:

I don't get why you would nerf these legendary mods.  Isn't it in war-gaming interest to keep them compelling to grind research bureau. Also i have not heard anyone complain about The Monty and DM being OP with legendary mods.

Des Moines is weird: an LU Des Moines was just a different play style, not really more powerful.

For the Montana: my guess is that it is due to change to flooding and HE penetration: flooding is nowhere as deadly as it was before making the 30% somewhat overkill, and the IFHE rework make fire somewhat less of of a threat. Not sure anybody would take the LU regardless for her.

[CDOH]
Members
383 posts
6,899 battles

i use the leg module on Monty. keeps me alive so i can get near enough so my guns can contribute. who needs concealment when planes fly over you every 10 seconds.

• Cool 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

well they are putting RB in for a reason and they inisisted the modules would be sidegrades at best...

seems to me they are doing what they said they would do (at least for now) even if they shoot themselves in the head..

SO have to wonder what else will be in the RB to give players a reason to waste time regrinding lines etc... as likely the vast majority of players never will unlock RB...

[SFOR]
Beta Testers
428 posts
9,618 battles

These are the old upgrades. Dont worry it is likely that the upgrades for ships which havent had them yet will be much more effective. Kremlin, Daring, Kleber, new Russian Ca, Venezia..that is where the hotness in legendary upgrades will be!

• Cool 1

[PISD]
Members
1,280 posts
5,274 battles
2 minutes ago, SKurj said:

SO have to wonder what else will be in the RB to give players a reason to waste time regrinding lines etc... as likely the vast majority of players never will unlock RB.

Well that is the issue. Before you would get LU just by playing the ships, now you need to regrind line for it.... And unless some sidegrade become quite useful for the meta (like Minotaur LU) you will lack in incentive to do that, unless you are drowning in Free Exp. On the other hand, they must not make them OP in order to keep it as an option and not some hidden ''Pay2win'' system.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
1 minute ago, Y_Nagato said:

Well that is the issue. Before you would get LU just by playing the ships, now you need to regrind 5 lines for it.... And unless some sidegrade become quite useful for the meta (like Minotaur LU) you will lack in incentive to do that, unless you are drowning in Free Exp. On the other hand, they must not make them OP in order to keep it as an option and not some hidden ''Pay2win'' system.

fixed...  not sure if they will change that... I bet they do...

OOps maybe i am wrong there... I think you need 5 tier 10's just to unlock RB.....  or am i wrong again... sigh...  it really isn't much use to me as I don't have a single tech tree ship past T8

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,124 posts
7,989 battles
50 minutes ago, lordholland4293 said:

this is stupid, the dm legend and monty are being nerfed. stupid wargaming

34 minutes ago, TheArc said:

They really hurt the DM one for sure. Heaven forbid the older ships don't get power crept enough, gotta nerf the UUs now. 

The DM is not getting a flat nerf, it's a side grade that many would consider a buff as it significantly improves the viability of open water Des Moines.  

Edited by yashma

[-KIA-]
Members
562 posts
6,290 battles

I only have zao, groz and Moskva legendaries. they better not screw with em.

[APES]
Members
1,488 posts
8,397 battles

Moving legendary mods to research bureau was such a mistake that nobody wanted.  Before players could grind these out after their first tier X and still grind other tier X's.  Now after you reach five tier X's you expect people to reset lines?!?  No they want to keep going.

[EQRN]
Members
2,030 posts
17,470 battles
26 minutes ago, Ado1fCarsar said:

They will get nerfed.  I’m surprised the beating some of the weaker UUs have already taken, it will be a wonder what happens to the stronger ones. 

[FORM]
Members
1,629 posts
11,344 battles
37 minutes ago, yashma said:

The DM is not getting a flat nerf, it's a side grade that many would consider a buff as it significantly improves the viability of open water Des Moines.  

I don't know too many who play the DM in the open most matches, coupled with the loss of the 10% concealment range, seems pretty clearly a nerf to me, but ultimately time will tell.

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
390 posts
11,061 battles

Well they are going to delegate the UU for the Des Moines to the Not used for me.  Concealment gave enemy guns a dispersion penalty and detection penalty. Now if you put the UU in slot 5, you'll be detected easier, and they enemy dispersion will be tighter. (IN a ship that can already be punished heavily, not it will be easier)

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
390 posts
11,061 battles
1 minute ago, Gemlin said:

Really? At 70% I bet the reload is still worthless considering the final slot torpedo module is slightly worst without this penalty.

• Cool 1

[IRNBN]
Members
3,373 posts
9,793 battles

This whole mess makes me glad I never put any effort into grinding the old LU's.

Looking at the effects of the new ones, I'm not sure they're worth the RB regrind effort either.

Edited by So_lt_Goes

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
390 posts
11,061 battles
48 minutes ago, 0NutsNBolts0 said:

Moving legendary mods to research bureau was such a mistake that nobody wanted.  Before players could grind these out after their first tier X and still grind other tier X's.  Now after you reach five tier X's you expect people to reset lines?!?  No they want to keep going.

I'm not regrinding lines for a UU. It's not worth the effort in my book. All the credits and exp you have to grind.

T10 ship alone is around 18 million credits, plus modules. The EXP alone is nearly 250k. If you have to regrind that twice, just in a T10 ship, thats 36 million credits and 500k exp for a Legendary Module that isn't worth the 500k Exp and the 36 Million Credits (For just the T10 ship alone). Lets add up the T5-T9 Credits and Exp to boot. IT's staggering.

Members
831 posts
4,679 battles

The only people going to regrind lines are mega-whales. They'll just buy Credits and convert Dubs to FXP.

And even then it's probably only people obsessed with a RB ship. Eg a whale who didn't get Smolensk, and it gets made a RB ship and now they want it. Regrinding multiple lines just for a single mod upgrade that isn't world shattering good is madness.

Edited by macktkau2

[BBMOD]
Members
348 posts
5,767 battles
21 minutes ago, macktkau2 said:

The only people going to regrind lines are mega-whales

Not always true. Some people, like myself, enjoy the journey. Nearly done regrinding the French DD line. Going to reset the French cruiser line in a few days. It was the first line i went to T10 in and I want to see if my game play has improved.  :)

[WOLF3]
Members
27,058 posts
23,842 battles
1 hour ago, Ado1fCarsar said:

Sweat GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY