You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
desmo_2

Prepare for the Russian cruiser line split! Hurry!

30 comments in this topic

[O_O]
Members
6,442 posts
15,339 battles

The Russian cruisers won't arrive until patch 0.9.5, but you can still start building XP on your Tier 4, Tier 7 and Tier 9 Russian ships to prepare. 

To that end, tech tree ships and upgrades are on sale, but only for 3 more days!  Modules (hulls, guns, range, etc) are not on sale.

I just re-bought Svietlana and Dm. Donskoi and upgraded them.  Time to start grinding, again.

Edited by desmo_2

[PVE]
Members
11,837 posts
24,506 battles
25 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

The Russian cruisers won't arrive until patch 0.9.5, but you can still start building XP on your Tier 4 and Tier 9 Russian ships to prepare. 

To that end, tech tree ships and upgrades are on sale, but only for 3 more days!  Modules (hulls, guns, range, etc) are not on sale.

I just re-bought Svietlana and Dm. Donskoi and upgraded them.  Time to start grinding, again.

Way ahead of you. Already had Kirov, ground out the XP needed on Shchors to get the new T8 CA (you forgot that one on your list as the line splits from Shchors), and ground out the XP on Donskoi for the new T10 CL. Took care of it when the line was announced because I had a feeling WG was going to cheap out this time on split compensation and turns out I was right.

In AlfaTesters
380 posts

When did repetitive tasks become entertainment?  Why is ‘grinding’ a thing, over say content?  These ships just become different ‘skins’ after awhile, why don’t you guys demand more than just new boats?  Thats not content, thats product...am I missing something?

Just a thought....

• Cool 10
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,097 posts
14,317 battles
Just now, AdmiralThunder said:

you forgot that one on your list as the line splits from Shchors

I think he probably omitted it because he's concentrating on filling in the gaps that are going to appear, rather than taking on the new line.

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
497 posts
11,320 battles
34 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Time to start grinding, again.

Ehh that was a month or two ago for me. Donk is almost complete, Schores is half way and I will just FXP the T5.

[O_O]
Members
6,442 posts
15,339 battles
11 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Way ahead of you...ground out the XP needed on Shchors to get the new T8 CA (you forgot that one on your list as the line splits from Shchors).

8 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I think he probably omitted it because he's concentrating on filling in the gaps that are going to appear, rather than taking on the new line.

Oops, yes, I forgot to mention Shchors.  I already had it in port, so I overlooked including it in my post.  Thanks for the correction!

[WOLFB]
Members
3,144 posts
7,187 battles
24 minutes ago, Theodin said:

When did repetitive tasks become entertainment?  Why is ‘grinding’ a thing, over say content?  These ships just become different ‘skins’ after awhile, why don’t you guys demand more than just new boats?  Thats not content, thats product...am I missing something?

Just a thought....

This is why i play other games. 

• Cool 4

[FORM]
Members
1,629 posts
11,338 battles
17 minutes ago, contag10n said:

Ehh that was a month or two ago for me. Donk is almost complete, Schores is half way and I will just FXP the T5.

Same here. I've got 135K on my Shchors and 204k on my Dm Don banked already.

[LUCK]
Members
1,945 posts

Have 1 million XP on my  Shchors- if I could only apply it elsewhere I’d be good.

Sadly, only about 200k on the Donkey. I’ll play the T4 for the XP.

Members
1,595 posts
25,089 battles

My Shchors is at 88k and my Donskoi is only at 52k (sigh - at least I got Moskva researched and, sadly, purchased)...

...but on a brighter note, I repurchased the Kuma while it was 50% off and now it's up to 13k, so I'm ready for the IGN cruiser split (YEA!!)!

;)

• Confused 1

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts

I feel this one...

Shchors is at 130K, Donskoi at 86K, Kirov and Moskva sitting/waiting.

This means I will probably get Tallinn in early access - wasting the time and effort I put in on Shchors. 

If that happens, just hope that I can go one step further in early access getting the camo for Riga.

[FORM]
Members
1,629 posts
11,338 battles

Just saw this, we might not need to "grind" the Shchors

Early access tokens for the new RU cruisers starts this Friday
https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/552990/view/2176872191802681944

Researchable Soviet cruisers VIII Tallinn and IX Riga are arriving in Early Access. To obtain them, you can exchange Soviet Tokens for bundles in the Armory that are opened in sequential order.

Soviet Tokens: a themed temporary resource that can be obtained from Soviet containers or random bundles.

Soviet containers: obtained by completing Directives or received in Daily Shipments.

Bundles that provide Early Access to Soviet cruisers can be obtained in the Armory in exchange for Soviet Tokens. There are a total of six bundles that are opened in sequential order. In these bundles, you'll find cruisers V Mikoyan, VIII Tallinn, and IX Riga, as well as the Soviet permanent camouflage for cruisers Tallinn, Riga, and X Petropavlovsk.

[--O--]
Members
931 posts

Why grind, i have plenty of FXP to knock both lines out..... this is due to wargaming overpricing Smalland and Hayate.... :)

[EQRN]
Members
2,030 posts
17,447 battles

I spent the past week of 200% first win bonuses getting Dmitry to 250k.  I’m debating whether to get the Schors since the Tallinn can be gotten for free if RNG is good to me.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,994 posts
20,694 battles
2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Way ahead of you. Already had Kirov, ground out the XP needed on Shchors to get the new T8 CA (you forgot that one on your list as the line splits from Shchors), and ground out the XP on Donskoi for the new T10 CL. Took care of it when the line was announced because I had a feeling WG was going to cheap out this time on split compensation and turns out I was right.

Can you tell me what the exp numbers are?

I don't want to grind past the required exp.

Members
833 posts
5,798 battles
2 hours ago, Theodin said:

Just a thought....

You mean like an entire new class of ship and game style? What other “content” besides ships and maps should a ship game have? 

[ARGSY]
Members
20,097 posts
14,317 battles
49 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

IIRC Kirov was about 11,000 when I got her; Donskoi these days is something like 276,000 - 40K for the hull upgrade then 236K from there to Moskva (I left the B fire-control upgrade to last in order to get to Moskva ASAP). She was originally just over 300K, but the B hull was taken out and C became B. 

I have to admit, with 2.2 million FXP in the bank and growing, I'm probably just going to FXP to the Kotovsky.  I've played through the entire Russian cruiser line all the way to Moskva, and I don't think I'm going to miss out on essential learning by not grinding the Svietlana a second time. Donskoi and Shchors are still in my port; I can grind for the Nevsky and Tallinn whenever I feel like it.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[ARGSY]
Members
20,097 posts
14,317 battles
2 hours ago, jmanII said:

This means I will probably get Tallinn in early access - wasting the time and effort I put in on Shchors. 

It won't entirely be wasted. If you get EA Tallinn you won't have to sink credits into buying her, and the B hull, fire control and whatever else might be upgradeable come already done (researched and paid for; you just have to remember to select them). You will have shortened your grind to Riga by tens of thousands of XP and millions of credits, and you'll have a more capable ship right out of the gate.

If you are that lucky, just tell yourself that you manipulated RNGesus into giving you the ship. :Smile_veryhappy:

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[PVE]
Members
11,837 posts
24,506 battles
1 hour ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

They haven't announced it anywhere to my knowledge so I just sort of went by the last 2 Cruiser lines that came out (ITL/BRN)

• About 120 +/- for the new T8 CA on Shchors should be enough
  • About 240 +/- for the new T10 CL on Donskoi should be enough

You might have a little left over or need just a little more but those #'s get you in the ballpark or "should".

[LOS]
Members
864 posts
13,742 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:
  • About 120 +/- for the new T8 CA on Shchors should be enough
  • About 240 +/- for the new T10 CL on Donskoi should be enough

Agree w/ T8.  Unfortunately I stopped working Schors when I had enough to get Chappy when I was grinding out for Moskva (which I got a couple of months ago).  So I'm back on that horse.

I also bought back Svietlana and will put 14-16k on her.  I threw her away when I bought Molotov some years ago ( when she first came out).  After that I let my Russian tree effort atrophy.

But Molotov is one of my favorite T6 ships.

Edited by Sinton

[SAPP]
Members
91 posts
8,310 battles
6 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

So I have the Russian ca line from 1-10 except for the  Shchors  which I sold many moons ago.  Do I need to buy it again??

[PVE]
Members
11,837 posts
24,506 battles
24 minutes ago, IRISHSDOWN said:

So I have the Russian ca line from 1-10 except for the  Shchors  which I sold many moons ago.  Do I need to buy it again??

Right after Shchors is where the line splits. You research Chapayev from it and the new T8 CA (Tallin?). So to research the new T8 CA you need the XP on Shchors unless you will FXP it.

• Cool 1

[SAPP]
Members
91 posts
8,310 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Right after Shchors is where the line splits. You research Chapayev from it and the new T8 CA (Tallin?). So to research the new T8 CA you need the XP on Shchors unless you will FXP it.

Thank you Thunder