You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Burnsy

Steel and RP coming to the daily missions

58 comments in this topic

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,568 posts

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/19

"
New rewards for daily missions were added. For example, in Update 0.9.5 steel will be added in a list of rewards for daily missions in the amount of 20 per day. And in July, research points will be added there as well (for players who already have access to the Research Bureau). In total, players will be able to receive up to 1200 research points per month.  "

• Cool 2

[5D3]
[5D3]
Members
505 posts
15,152 battles
1 hour ago, Burnsy said:

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/19

"
New rewards for daily missions were added. For example, in Update 0.9.5 steel will be added in a list of rewards for daily missions in the amount of 20 per day. And in July, research points will be added there as well (for players who already have access to the Research Bureau). In total, players will be able to receive up to 1200 research points per month.  "

with all the nerfs to legendaries, I'll use my rps for Ohio or colbert

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts

While on the surface this sounds cool.  It means that the cost of everything is going to skyrocket!

On the positive side. It also make the choice harder.  Right now there no question what box to pick now that choice gets alot harder!

Cant wait for the next thread moaning about how millions of noobs will be wondering around in there Stailgrads destroying there 100 percent win rate!  :cap_rambo:

Let the elite whine begin!

• Boring 3

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
11 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

While on the surface this sounds cool.  It means that the cost of everything is going to skyrocket!

On the positive side. It also make the choice harder.  Right now there no question what box to pick now that choice gets alot harder!

Cant wait for the next thread moaning about how millions of noobs will be wondering around in there Stailgrads destroying there 100 percent win rate!  :cap_rambo:

skyrocket?  at 20 steel maybe per day...  costs didn't go up in wot when they released bonds to the masses....  and you can earn bonds in every match at tier10

also going to guess those 20 will only be earned for the harder mission of each day, and be next to impossible in coop...

[PVE]
Members
11,847 posts
24,524 battles
21 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

At just 20 Steel per day max it will take a LONG time to get any Steel ship if that is your only source. IF someone gets a Steel ship just from the 20 daily they will not be a noob. I am sure the elite will whine about this, because the lowly unwashed will get their hands on their toys and heaven forbid, but if they argue it will give noobs Steel ships their math skills aren't as elite as their WOWS skills.

• 20X30 = 600 p/ month
  • 12X600 = 7200 p/ year IF you play every day and get the max you can
  • Note - it's actually 7300 max at 365 days X 20 steel - I was going with generic 30 day month and 12 months. 

So to get the current Steel ships with a coupon = 

Bourgogne:

• 30,000 Steel
  • 30,000 -25% = 22,500
  • 22,500 / 7200 =  3.13 years

Stalingrad:

• 28,000 Steel
  • 28,000 - 25% = 21,000
  • 21,000 / 7200 = 2.92 years

Somers:

• 25,000 Steel
  • 25,000 - 25% = 18,750
  • 18,750 / 7200 = 2.6 years

If someone plays the game every day and maxes out every 20 Steel they can I would say doing that for 2.5-3+ years means they earned any Steel ship they got. This helps ALL players though including those who play the modes that award it. It let's those folks get to the # needed faster. For those who don't play those modes it is a slow trickle that over time can yield usable amounts.

This is a good thing for ALL players. It's a win-win all around. Kudos to WG for doing this.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 14
  • Funny 1

[IROCZ]
Banned
301 posts
20,485 battles

i would say this helps more in getting over that hump for coal ships and some camo and upgrade equipment, flags  etc.  I like it !

to get a steel ship this way specificly would really be a long time, 

or like me, it will help get that steel ship ive been eyeballing in the window sooner !!  been saving from clan battles and events !!

panama

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,736 posts
34 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Yeah, it would be nice to see WG follow this announcement up with a promise that they won't use the "inflation" excuse to bloat prices on these items obtained with resources.  

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WOLF3]
Members
27,076 posts
23,845 battles

Mixed feelings about this, but it's going to take forever to get one of the better Steel Ships relying on Daily Steel Missions alone.  Still, nice though to get a trickle income of this rare resource.

OTOH, cost of Steel Ships may just go up as it's happened already when Tier IX Neustrashimiy was at least 5k or more Steel than the older IX Black.

There's also this little blurb in the OP's link.

New rewards for daily missions were added. For example, in Update 0.9.5 steel will be added in a list of rewards for daily missions in the amount of 20 per day. And in July, research points will be added there as well (for players who already have access to the Research Bureau). In total, players will be able to receive up to 1200 research points per month. 

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[1984]
Members
4,130 posts
19,959 battles
38 minutes ago, SKurj said:

skyrocket?  at 20 steel maybe per day...  costs didn't go up in wot when they released bonds to the masses....  and you can earn bonds in every match at tier10

also going to guess those 20 will only be earned for the harder mission of each day, and be next to impossible in coop...

The 20 steel will likely be 2.5 steel per part of each daily mission with 2.5 steel bonus for completing each mission:

2.5x4x2=20

otherwise a cute way with whole numbers is 

1,2,3 steel for each part of the daily and 4 steel for completing each of the 2 dailies.

(1+2+3+4)x2=20

Edited by monpetitloup

[IRNBN]
Members
3,388 posts
9,813 battles

I'm glad to see OPS getting some attention, but this really ain't no big deal. Like Thunder illustrated, you ain't gonna get a Stalingrad any time soon this way, even allowing for snowflake steel once a year.

At best, it's a little bump to people already well on their way to an objective.

And yeah, I'm looking forward to all the hemorrhoidal hyena screeching from the Uberleets. :Smile_teethhappy:

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts
6 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

The 20 steel will likely be 2.5 steel per part of each daily mission with 2.5 steel bonus for completing each mission:

2.5x4x2=20

1,2,3 steel for each part of the daily and 4 steel for completing each of the 2 dailies.

(1+2+3+4)x2=20

yeah we will just have to see.

We will likely see a "battle pass" arrive in WoWs soon(tm), and it will also reward things like steel, flags, credits, dubs etc etc, and it will have 2 levels...  a "premium" and a base...  it has already rolled out in other wg titles....

be nice to see some oil thrown in...

[EQRN]
Members
2,032 posts
17,490 battles
9 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

2.5x4x2=20

(1+2+3+4)x2=20

No, I think it will be 10 steel awarded alongside with the 200 coal.

• Cool 1

[A-I-M]
Members
3,044 posts
13,308 battles
5 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

It probably will, but the truth is, it shouldn’t (if WG’s statements about the game economy are sincere and consistent):

WG has reduced steel earning potential via reduction of the frequency of regular ranked seasons by the inserting of Ranked Sprints.

Also, are not Clan Battle steel rewards cut whenever they hold CBs at tiers below 10?

Then there is the reality that, for some, that CB earnings are down due to player attrition. Whether that attrition is widespread, greater than normal, or due to player disenchantment over specific game changes, is a subject for a different debate.

These steel earning cuts have been met with neither the reduction of cost of existing steel ships, nor the introduction of new steel ships at lower cost than their predecessor ships.

Time will tell whether the ensuing earning increase is met with similar price indifference, or not.

@AdmiralThunder,

Don’t forget clan bonus effects on steel earnings as well.

I would agree that your characterization of this as a win-win holds, provided @jags_domain’s suspicions (with which I agree) are not realized in reality.

We will get some indication of WG’s intent with resource ship prices when the Nutra-Slim, Black, and Flint emerge from their quarantines. Anything above 10X their prior steel costs does not bode well.

[1984]
Members
4,130 posts
19,959 battles
19 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

No, I think it will be 10 steel awarded alongside with the 200 coal.

Maybe but a fractionated reward scheme is more in line with wgs precedents...

guess we’ll see

Members
411 posts
6,076 battles

Getting a somewhat stable Steel income will allow people to purchase some of the steel ships.  For those that already get Steel, it means they might buy that one lesser purchased Steel ship, instead of waiting for it to get moved to Coal.  And for those that only get Steel once in a blue moon, they might get a single Steel ship sometime in the coming year or two.   I know a some people that want Shikishima for collector's reasons or just because "Big Guns", but can't because they don't have access to enough Steel, but will toss money at anything else (whales).

Members
831 posts
4,679 battles

If there's no reduction in Coal along with the addition of Steel that adds a pretty large amount of coal income from converting steel to it.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,566 posts
11,175 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

At just 20 Steel per day max it will take a LONG time to get any Steel ship if that is your only source. IF someone gets a Steel ship just from the 20 daily they will not be a noob. I am sure the elite will whine about this, because the lowly unwashed will get their hands on their toys and heaven forbid, but if they argue it will give noobs Steel ships their math skills aren't as elite as their WOWS skills.

• 20X30 = 600 p/ month
  • Note - it's actually 7300 max at 365 days X 20 steel - I was going with generic 30 day month and 12 months. 

Bourgogne:

• 30,000 Steel
  • 30,000 -25% = 22,500

Stalingrad:

• 28,000 Steel
  • 28,000 - 25% = 21,000

Somers:

• 25,000 Steel
  • 25,000 - 25% = 18,750

If someone plays the game every day and maxes out every 20 Steel they can I would say doing that for 2.5-3+ years means they earned any Steel ship they got. This helps ALL players though including those who play the modes that award it. It let's those folks get to the # needed faster. For those who don't play those modes it is a slow trickle that over time can yield usable amounts.

This is a good thing for ALL players. It's a win-win all around. Kudos to WG for doing this.

Well hopefully if they do 2 snowflake events a year and you have some higher tier ships maybe that would help knock off 6 months of grinding maybe more. I forgot how much steel you got for the 9 and 10 tier ships you had in port .

Edited by clammboy

[WOLFG]
Members
9,615 posts
8,595 battles
5 minutes ago, macktkau2 said:

If there's no reduction in Coal along with the addition of Steel that adds a pretty large amount of coal income from converting steel to it.

Don't jinx this.

• Funny 1

Members
4,458 posts
19,466 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

• 20X30 = 600 p/ month

Bourgogne:

• 30,000 Steel
  • 30,000 -25% = 22,500

Stalingrad:

• 28,000 Steel
  • 28,000 - 25% = 21,000

Somers:

• 25,000 Steel
  • 25,000 - 25% = 18,750

Hell, by the time one saves up enough steel at 20 a day to do so, the ship he/she wants to buy will be "meh" due to power creep.

20 steel a day. That's to all intents nothing.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,566 posts
11,175 battles
56 minutes ago, So_lt_Goes said:

And yeah, I'm looking forward to all the hemorrhoidal hyena screeching from the Uberleets.

Well they did get at least get a new Cameo that you can only get with steel because some had all the ships and lots of steel left and nothing to buy with it . 

That's pretty cool but if you see that cameo you better either stay away or try and focus and sink that ship cause he's probable pretty good .

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,736 posts
44 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

This can mean only one thing: A NEW CURRENCY IS COMING.

That would not surprise me in the least.