You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Elo_J_Fudpucker

Take 10 seconds and answer a poll on this forum

30 comments in this topic

Members
2,137 posts
13,245 battles

Since there is a "discussion" about it on going, I started a poll in the POLL section.. please consider participating... 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 6

[POP]
Members
2,847 posts
22,808 battles
46 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

Since there is a "discussion" about it on going, I started a poll in the POLL section.. please consider participating... 

You do know this is not the first poll on Subs to come out, almost immediately after they were announced we had a whole spree of them for and against did it sway WG,  NO and do you think this one will the day before the patch drops or are you just trying gauge the feeling of the community if so just use the search system to find the PRO and Anti crowds view on Subs  it will keep you entertained for quite some time reading them.

cheers 

Edited by tm63au
  • Boring 1

[TWFT]
Members
1,347 posts
37,434 battles

This game in the beginning was touted as a surface warfare game, WG even lied to us and repeatedly stated or insinuated that submarines would not be in the game.  In dev post, youtube videos, reddit and twitch it was understood by the player base that subs would not fit and would not be in the game. 

Welp......WG decided that they will be in the game and they will do what ever it takes to fit them in, even if they have to give them homing torps or ludicrous speed.  WG needs a way for low skilled, instant gratification, ADD players the ability to be able to do damage with out getting there pant scratched, and by God they will make it happen no matter what.

I get it, the game is changing, but its just changing to be like all the other on line games out there....fast, brainless and flashy.

I guess WG has decided that the younger crowd has more money then us old folks, sad because us old guys are way more loyal and tend to stick around longer then the generation that will drop this game in a heartbeat when the new shiny wizbang game comes along, or when the power creep is so bad that any ship you have is a pile of ship compared to the new one you can get for 10000 doubloons and 3,000,000 XP (it will probably be a Russian cruiser that can fly and shot lightning out its stern).

First subs, then shore based planes and then shore based arty, don't doubt me on this, you can see it coming.

• Cool 3
  • Confused 1

Members
2,137 posts
13,245 battles
41 minutes ago, tm63au said:

You do know this is not the first poll on Subs to come out, almost immediately after they were announced we had a whole spree of them for and against did it sway WG,  NO and do you think this one will the day before the patch drops or are you just trying gauge the feeling of the community if so just use the search system to find the PRO and Anti crowds view on Subs  it will keep you entertained for quite some time reading them.

cheers 

Yup... and becasue no one participates, they are mostly useless.. and it would seem this is just the way WG wants it... they do not want to know .. and they don;t want us to know what they kwow...   trust is not there..

So.. this is just a way to remind WG that the user base is not really wanting subs, yet they are doing it anyway.

One assumes WG is out to make money. My wallet slammed shut over two years ago becasue of the way WG does things. Maybe profit isn't an issue, maybe there are other ways WG "makes money".

So yeah.. .why would a company out to make a profit force an idea on their clients, that the clients do not want?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,067 posts
36,061 battles
11 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

o yeah.. .why would a company out to make a profit force an idea on their clients, that the clients do not want?

...because this company has the worst customer orientation of any firm I have ever had long-term dealings with.

• Cool 2

Members
505 posts
6,641 battles
6 hours ago, Turbotush said:

I get it, the game is changing, but its just changing to be like all the other on line games out there....fast, brainless and flashy.

I guess WG has decided that the younger crowd has more money then us old folks

I am in agreement with your statements and it is a sad reality that producers need to make a bang to attract buyers and keep their consumer as long as possible before the goldfish is attracted to the next one.  I look at my steam library and wonder how much time I will have to put in to fully enjoy all the games I have and am then stunned when many people have 10 or 20 times that number.  Look a little deeper at many libraries and you see that some games were played for only a couple hours, I myself have a handfull that I have never even downloaded.

As to the younger crowd having more money, while it may be true in many cases, I think it is not so clear cut.  I think it is more a case of they are willing to spend more on entertainment and expect less, when last have you purchased a game with no DLC, a single one time purchase and spend more than 3 years playing it?  If a game can do that, it is a great game in my mind as a consumer, from a producer point of view maybe not so great a game because you only get 1 sale and consumers may not buy your next one because they are still enjoying the last one.  An alternative is that the "younger crowd" only seem to have more disposable income as they have so much control over the family spending habits due to the power of marketing but that is another discussion.

The point is this comes down to cash, if I am willing to give you cash for something in exchange you will give me the something, if I will keep giving the cash, you will keep doing the something.  If you give me something_awesome and I give you cash but for your next something_awesome I do not give you cash, will you ever offer the something_awesome again?

• Cool 1

[NG-NL]
Members
264 posts
9,187 battles
On 5/11/2020 at 7:42 PM, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

One assumes WG is out to make money. My wallet slammed shut over two years ago becasue of the way WG does things. Maybe profit isn't an issue, maybe there are other ways WG "makes money".
So yeah.. .why would a company out to make a profit force an idea on their clients, that the clients do not want?

To your first point: Other ways they make money, or other players than you? It's an important distinction: the first is about Elo_J_Fudpucker and the second is about WarGaming's customer base.

To your second: I've been surprised by a company's product decisions in the past. And surprised when the results were much different than I expected. It sounds like you have no such uncertainty. We'll see how this plays out.

[OIL-1]
Members
1,281 posts

The real reason why your poll is useless is because 90% of players never visit the forums.

Players who come here are either bored, or looking for basic information.
Intelligent discussions of any kind were banned by forum moderators decades ago.

• Cool 1

Members
2,137 posts
13,245 battles

So .. click boring .. or click dislike..

The spot poll in here says that people are not interested in subs as such.   

Argue all you want but the numbers say Subs are not something the base wants. .. and unless WG themselves pushes a public poll, we won;t know better than this.

[EQRN]
Members
2,032 posts
17,490 battles
2 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

So .. click boring .. or click dislike..

The spot poll in here says that people are not interested in subs as such.   

Argue all you want but the numbers say Subs are not something the base wants. .. and unless WG themselves pushes a public poll, we won;t know better than this.

Do you have evidence to support your conclusion that this forum is a good representation of the entire player base?

• Cool 1

Members
2,137 posts
13,245 battles
Just now, FrodoFraggin said:

Do you have evidence to support your conclusion that this forum is a good representation of the entire player base?

Do you have it that it isn't? ( wow, that was easy)

Members
3,379 posts
6,789 battles

All of these polls and surveys are useless as the company will choose with their stats which way the path will go. With the SUBs being released soon..players feedback and unknown problems  will come out.   WOW is like any other company and its about the bottom line.  If revenue starts to fall short or shows a gradual decline trend..then they will do something but then its a matter of WHEN.  Many companies go through this whether they make digital ships or can openers..  Its all about the money.  We will see in the days ahead as to how it will play out.  

Hope for the best and expect the worst.....

Members
6,621 posts
20,657 battles

I voted yes. However, I am extremely skeptical. New content is a good thing, I am bored out of my mind with the constant new ship lines that basically do the same thing. HE or AP, broadside or no broadside. At 20 games a day it would take me near 2 weeks to play each ship once. We need more new ships like we need a hole in hull......

Again, skeptical, but hopeful.

[EQRN]
Members
2,032 posts
17,490 battles
47 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

Do you have it that it isn't? ( wow, that was easy)

Ever see a post about weekend players?  Do you really think people here are complaining about themselves?  You’re right, that was easy :cap_like:

Members
2,137 posts
13,245 battles
41 minutes ago, dionkraft said:

OW is like any other company and its about the bottom line.

WG is absolutely not like other companies.. nope ..

3 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

You’re right, that was easy 

.. and sidetracked the conversation into something irrelevant to the conversation...

[--O--]
Members
931 posts
On 5/11/2020 at 8:57 PM, Turbotush said:

This game in the beginning was touted as a surface warfare game, WG even lied to us and repeatedly stated or insinuated that submarines would not be in the game.  In dev post, youtube videos, reddit and twitch it was understood by the player base that subs would not fit and would not be in the game. 

Welp......WG decided that they will be in the game and they will do what ever it takes to fit them in, even if they have to give them homing torps or ludicrous speed.  WG needs a way for low skilled, instant gratification, ADD players the ability to be able to do damage with out getting there pant scratched, and by God they will make it happen no matter what.

I guess WG has decided that the younger crowd has more money then us old folks, sad because us old guys are way more loyal and tend to stick around longer then the generation that will drop this game in a heartbeat when the new shiny wizbang game comes along, or when the power creep is so bad that any ship you have is a pile of ship compared to the new one you can get for 10000 doubloons and 3,000,000 XP (it will probably be a Russian cruiser that can fly and shot lightning out its stern).

First subs, then shore based planes and then shore based arty, don't doubt me on this, you can see it coming.

FYI.... Shore base Arty was in the game and they removed it...... To bad that was actually a very competitive mode and fun. Kinda like them making Ocean so rare, fun and competitive so made super-rare.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,736 posts
1 hour ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Do you have evidence that suggests the forums aren't a representative sample?  

Seems that people make a lot of claims and counter-claims about how "representative" the forums are, but neither side really backs that up, they just make a proclamation. 

[GOOF]
Members
671 posts
5,900 battles

I will do it 🍔

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,027 battles
On 5/11/2020 at 9:14 PM, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

You only have Yes and No and I'm in between those two.

[TWFT]
Members
1,347 posts
37,434 battles
16 minutes ago, Mustangrde1 said:

FYI.... Shore base Arty was in the game and they removed it...... To bad that was actually a very competitive mode and fun. Kinda like them making Ocean so rare, fun and competitive so made super-rare.

Well good!  Now you can bug the hell out of WG to put it back in since it was so awesome (no it wasn't, it sucked and was removed because the player base was PISSED OFF about it). 

I had ocean last night and I really didn't mind even though I was in a Smolix.

So back to what I wrote, and not just something you decided to cherry pic, but the actual points:

WG was not honest about subs.

WG will add gimmicks to the game regardless of how it destroys the basses of a Gun V Gun ship game that they took money from the players that have supported a Gun V Gun game from the beginning.

WG will gamble that the introduction of Subs, Arty bases, shore based planes or laser canons on the newest flashy Russian supper Dreadnought will bring in new meat that will unload daddy's credit card for a short time but will then bail when the shore based planes that they bought with 1,000,000 doubloons cant sink a BB with one bomb drop.

WG fan boys that don't care about strategy or the history of the game will continue to suggest more glitzy crap to be added in the game to feel part of the big boy club.  Lets face it, most of the low skilled players need some type of boost to help them be relevant with out actually trying to learn how to play the game, "Don't worry johnny, here is a supper duper premium ship that when you press "T" it kills every enemy with a detonation, it will only cost you $205.99!".

• Boring 2

[EQRN]
Members
2,032 posts
17,490 battles
41 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Do you have evidence that suggests the forums aren't a representative sample?  

Seems that people make a lot of claims and counter-claims about how "representative" the forums are, but neither side really backs that up, they just make a proclamation. 

As above, the forums are replete with posts on weekend warrior that are, how shall we say, “different” from the enlightened forum warrior.  I would suggest the attitudes and opinions of said weekend warriors, are not exactly in-line with forumites - and most here seem to relish in that fact.  For that matter, not many unicums that I can tell interact on the forums, and most often when they do it is in opposition to “conventional wisdom”.  I love everyone here, but I hold no illusion that this is an echo chamber, and as such not entirely representative of the whole player base on any given subject. 

Members
2,137 posts
13,245 battles
2 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I can claim that it represents people that participate in the forum with more than a casual interest, which also reflects that they are more involved in the game than many, have a better and wider knowledge of the game, than many, and are perhaps the best positioned to comment.

Outside of a poll in this forum there is no way to conduct a poll that would be secure from cheating without a lot of work.

Ask people in your games.. Do they like Subs? CV?.. Tell them they can vote in a poll in the forum...

Part of the reason for this poll .. is to show that there is opinion out there, that perhaps WG should pay some attention to, versus forcing ideas on the base that they just aren't all that interested in.  Part of my reasoning is that it could be a waste of resources.... which costs money, which reduces profits.. and around we go...   but I think it comes down to that WG doesn't relay want us to know what the overall base thinks, perhaps because they fear it would give the user base too much power??.. Who's t know... WG holds all very close to the chest, eh? 

I thin it is safe to say we all want WoWS to succeed and become a better game. That is my motivation.

Edited by Elo_J_Fudpucker
( i type fer crap)

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,736 posts
1 minute ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

I can claim that it represents people that participate in the forum with more than a casual interest, which also reflects that they are mort einvolved int he game than many, have a btter and wider knwoledge of the game, than many, and are perhaps the best positioned to comment.

Out side of a poll in this forum there is no way to conduct a poll that would be secure from cheating without a lot of work.

Ask people in your games.. Do they like Subs? CV?.. Tell them they can vote in a poll in the forum...

Part of the reason for this poll .. is to show that there is opinion out there, that perhaps WG should pay some attention to, versus forcing ideas on the base that they just aren't all that interested in.  Part of my reasoning is that it could be a waste of resources.... which costs money, which reduces profits.. and around we go...   but I think it comes down to that WG doesn't relay want us to know what the overall base thinks, perhaps because they fear it would give the user base too much power??.. Who's t know... WG holds all very close to the chest, eh? 

I thin it is safe ot say we all want WoWS to succeed and become a better game. That is my motivation.

Even if your poll isn't representative of the entire playerbase, it does completely crush the claim made by some that the forum population in particular is "overwhelmingly positive" about the addition of submarines / "submarines".

• Cool 1

Members
2,137 posts
13,245 battles
28 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Even if your poll isn't representative of the entire playerbase, it does completely crush the claim made by some that the forum population in particular is "overwhelmingly positive" about the addition of submarines / "submarines".

I grew up on advertising and pitches.. I've seen companies promise the world, over and over and over... .. I know lipstick when I see it.. :D   anywho... the horse has been sufficiently beaten for now.. :D

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

none of these forum polls prove anything more than what the people who voted think...