You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SquirrelPlayz_YT

What is the best premium in the shop right now for HE spamming?

15 comments in this topic

Members
6 posts
432 battles

I hope you are all well,

So, I have been playing in my Scharnhorst a lot and got bored of waiting 20 seconds for the shells to load and now I need a ship to spam rounds with. I was wondering what is the best t7 or t8 premium ship currently in the shop to HE spam in? I am currently thinking of the French light cruiser Bayard or the German cruiser Mainz. If you have any suggestions for a ship that won't kill my bank please let me know. Also, would you prefer Mainz over Bayard or the other way around?

[WORX]
Members
10,759 posts
18,591 battles

From what I see right now.

• ATL (not for beginners, always fun)
  • Indianapolis
  • Perth
  • Maybe the Boise..

If you already have these ships... Then dont spend...

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,859 posts
15,795 battles

Atlanta is the best when if comes to HE spam. but it has a high learning curve.:fish_book:

[V_V_V]
Members
680 posts
14,774 battles

Not a Premium, but Mogami 15 X 155 with secondaries since the IFHE rework.

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,441 posts
14,165 battles
6 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

From what I see right now.

• ATL (not for beginners, always fun)
  • Indianapolis
  • Perth
  • Maybe the Boise..

If you already have these ships... Then dont spend...

I would put Boise above the Indy which is a CA and has AP that can citadel same tier BB's if they make the mistake of giving you a broadside and it doesn't really have the ROF for spamming. While not in the shop the Salem, it is a coal ship, with its rapid fire guns while a CA is a great spammer of either ammunition.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,218 posts
21,461 battles

Personally, I'm surprised at how much fun Bayard is ;-)

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,784 posts
21,572 battles

Bayard is fun and has high ROF with good fire chance. Mainz also has good fire chance and good ROF but also has better HE pen.

Take a look at Irian. She is a Kutusov without smoke. 12km deep water torps surprise lots of BB as well. 

All are fragile but I think Bayard is the hardest to keep alive.

Edited by Khafni

Members
275 posts
5,116 battles

BAYARD, hands-down

Think about the firepower of a Cleveland at 40+ knots with a speed boost and MBRB for added dpm.

Seriously, this thing spits flames. Yeah there's not a lot of armor, but the arcs are a lot more manageable than the Atlanta and there's never really a situation where your ship can't be effective.

For once disagree with LWM's review. You don't know terror in a BB until you've faced a good Bayard player, believe me.

Best purchase I have ever made in this game #ChefBayardee #FlameItontheFrench

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,654 posts
34,953 battles

I have all four mentioned. After Kutuzov (since retired), I like Mainz, then Bayard, then Irian. Boise is excellent and my go to for Narai. Like Helena but with heal.

All are good.

The Mogami 155mm is a good suggestion too.

• Cool 1

Members
1,624 posts

Bayard, Mainz and ??? (waiting for P. Bagration or Ochakov, will see)

[GWG]
Members
6,968 posts
13,503 battles

Best HE spammer would have smoke.

Figure a long duration smoke so you can set up just outside a Domination cap and blast away while going forward and backwards in the smoke to avoid return fire.

Successful HE spammers are Kutuzov (removed), Smolensk (removed), T7 Kiev (moved to T8 and nerfed)

What's left?  Nicholaus, Farragut, Gallant, Aigle, Mahan, Sims, and Blyskawica  -- rarely sees radar, has good smoke, and fast guns.

Those French, British, and Polish premiums are the ones coming BEFORE the attribute setting grind line redefined and ruined them.

[WW2]
Members
354 posts
6,943 battles
2 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

Best HE spammer would have smoke.

Figure a long duration smoke so you can set up just outside a Domination cap and blast away while going forward and backwards in the smoke to avoid return fire.

Successful HE spammers are Kutuzov (removed), Smolensk (removed), T7 Kiev (moved to T8 and nerfed)

What's left?  Nicholaus, Farragut, Gallant, Aigle, Mahan, Sims, and Blyskawica  -- rarely sees radar, has good smoke, and fast guns.

Those French, British, and Polish premiums are the ones coming BEFORE the attribute setting grind line redefined and ruined them.

Don't forget hadia, just over 4 sec reload and creeper smoke. Low detection for the tier too.

• Cool 1

Members
1,526 posts
10,950 battles

Nobody mentioned Lazo...Bayard is good also...but Colbert is just crazy fun to play, although technically not a premium.

While I like my Bayard, it does have pretty mediocre range. Lazo(Irian also) can spam HE from much greater distances making both safer ships to play.

Edited by _Rumple_

Members
6 posts
432 battles
On 5/11/2020 at 11:56 PM, Darmokattenagra said:

Don't forget hadia, just over 4 sec reload and creeper smoke. Low detection for the tier too.

I have the Haida, I don't really like the smoke though. Basically other DD's recharge half their smoke inside their previous smoke, but the creeping smoke allows you to move around more but sacrificing the smoke time, so basically whenever I use my smoke, I have to wait a long time outside the smoke for it to replenish. The torps are also a problem, you have to save and conserve it. Everything else on the Haida is fine, it can shred other DD's in range as it has a lot of guns for a DD.

[RG]
Members
2,894 posts
7,003 battles

Friesland. Good against CVs AND has sonar for sitting in smoke.