Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

ST, Unique Upgrades in 0.9.5

47 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

5,780
[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,554 posts
13,914 battles

The long-awaited announcements of the changes and updated to the Unique Upgrades.

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/20

Please leave your feedback below.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
6 posts
72 battles

Enhanced Damage Control System (X MONTANA, Slot 5):

  • Bonus which reduces fire extinguishing time was reduced from 15 to 10%;
  • Bonus which reduces flooding recovery time was reduced from 30 to 10%.   

...Ok...Thank, now I have more reason not to play Montana because her Legendary Upgrade is even more Useless now and less interesting and Concealment mod is much better

Edited by HataroShimary
  • Cool 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,126
[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator
2,943 posts
15,451 battles
2 minutes ago, HataroShimary said:

Ok...Thank, now I have more reason not to play Montana because her Legendary Upgrade is even more Useless now and less interesting

I think this is "lost in translation", i will ask them to re check

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,099
[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,654 posts
34,955 battles

Flamu doing a live commentary (stream) on these is trashing the Montana and GK changes big time. Why does WG do this one like this? Makes no sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
279
[90TH]
[90TH]
Members
449 posts
19,395 battles

So much there to think about...smh

The note after the YY changes cracks me up. 

You people do know the YY is the safest Tier 10 dd right?....That's because it doesn't leave port.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,074
[ARGSY]
Members
20,204 posts
14,359 battles

Well, this would seem to put paid to the idea that Upgrades were all going to become fifty shades of paywall OP.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,289
[PVE]
Members
11,863 posts
24,570 battles
5 minutes ago, SilverPhatShips said:

 looks like mostly legendary downgrades

I was thinking they are all downgrades. Certainly they are for the ones I have of the ones listed.

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
528
[GRAVE]
Members
1,273 posts
18,807 battles

Yueyang: why you would take anything over concealment in a DD except if its Khaba?

Khaba: if you can deal with an 8sec rudder, yes. Edit: did not notice you lose 20% action time for speed boost and heal, so this is a very big no for Khaba

Worcester: This seems like a very interesting trade off for reload

DM: RIP

Henri: RIP

Kurfurst: RIP

Monty: Probably among the worst legendary upgrades, now its officially the worst

Republique: still not worth losing 6km of range

Shima: still a big oof to torpedo traverse time.

Edited by tfcas119
  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
827
[PISD]
Members
1,285 posts
5,290 battles
4 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

Republique: still not worth losing 6km of range

Shima: still a big oof to torpedo traverse time

For Republique it depends of your game play.

Shima Legendary Upgrade already had a sneak buff in torp mod 1 that increase the torp traverse by 20%. With that other 30% it can be probably use now.

Edited by Y_Nagato

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,761 posts
23,384 battles

They better offer free demounts of these nerfed unique upgrades if this goes into the game.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
827
[PISD]
Members
1,285 posts
5,290 battles
30 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

Yueyang: why you would take anything over concealment in a DD except if its Khaba?

Well a 40 sec 7.5 km radar do give it a 1km stealth radar window. Is it good? Alone I would not take it probably but with in a division yes it can work well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,640
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,666 posts
14,787 battles

Interesting, one of the devs must have actually played Legendary Mod Worcester in the last year!

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25
[STW-A]
[STW-A]
Beta Testers
153 posts
17,867 battles

YY, not sure if good or bad. I was never interested in the original legendary in the first place. 

Khab, losing 20% on consumables is not worth 10% on range. That's basically saying reduce survivability by 20% for 10% more range. I could never give up heal and speed boost for range.

Worcester, who ever thought of this change needs to be fired. How often do you use all of your consumables. The extra heal will not be able to heal any thing. As for the AA part. Your better off with current AA module in slot 6. 

Des Moines, I actually think that is a stronger spot. Before you were island hugging so didn't need concealment. Now you can take range.

Henri, unless you are removing/reducing concealment penalty. this is a bad change and might make it not with while. 

GK, I don't think I realized there was a turret traverse penalty. So I guess ok change.

Montana, the module was a joke before now it's a novel of jokes.

Republicans, good change.

Shima, good change but I had no problems before with the 80%. I could still play it just fine. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
827
[PISD]
Members
1,285 posts
5,290 battles
2 minutes ago, Rustyhole said:

No nerf to the Moskva upgrade though.  Shocking.

Some of the best (Moskva, Zao, Yamato) were not touch for now, but it may come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
25 posts
6,660 battles
Quote

Accelerated Torpedo Tube Reload (X Shimakaze, Slot 6):

  • The penalty which reduced torpedo tubes traverse speed was reduced from 80 to 70%.

Hapa,

This tells me that Wargaming doesn't really grok why people hate the Shima legendary upgrade. What it does is make your torpedo tubes borderline unusable, because the game interface isn't fast enough to actually launch the torps while the tubes are turning past the aiming reticle. If the ship is turning, even a little bit, you click to fire and nothing happens. It's actually possible to lose the 10% saved reload time just trying to get the damn things to launch. This isn't an issue with how weak the module is, it's a major quality of life problem. That's what needs to be fixed in order for people to even consider this module.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,555
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,994 posts
20,747 battles
3 hours ago, HataroShimary said:

Enhanced Damage Control System (X MONTANA, Slot 5):

  • Bonus which reduces fire extinguishing time was reduced from 15 to 10%;
  • Bonus which reduces flooding recovery time was reduced from 30 to 10%.   

...Ok...Thank, now I have more reason not to play Montana because her Legendary Upgrade is even more Useless now and less interesting and Concealment mod is much better

The legendary Upgrade was extremely useful in clan battles when coupled with captain skills & flags.

Now it's not worth it.

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,555
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,994 posts
20,747 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Well, this would seem to put paid to the idea that Upgrades were all going to become fifty shades of paywall OP.

They are in armory right now for, (I believe), 12500 research points.

NOW EXPLAIN HOW THAT IS PAYWALL OP.

Most are useless, or going to become useless.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,555
[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,994 posts
20,747 battles
3 hours ago, Gyphon_GF said:

So much there to think about...smh

The note after the YY changes cracks me up. 

You people do know the YY is the safest Tier 10 dd right?....That's because it doesn't leave port.

OMG, I spit coffee all over myself....

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,074
[ARGSY]
Members
20,204 posts
14,359 battles
22 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

They are in armory right now for, (I believe), 12500 research points.

NOW EXPLAIN HOW THAT IS PAYWALL OP.

Most are useless, or going to become useless.

 

That's exactly what I'm saying - that it isn't.

Most of the buffs to the UUs themselves are in terms of removing the nerf tradeoffs built into the UU, but you still have to account for the modules you can't fit because you chose this thing. 

The one problem I have with the UUs being in the RB as they are now is that I currently have only two tech-tree ships at Tier 10 (and will soon have one), but I can't access the UUs at all until I have five (which I probably never will because I don't actually want most of them). Previously I got given the grind mission as soon as I played the ship. I don't mind the Ohio and Colbert being locked away until I have five tech-tree ships at Tier 10, but the UUs ought to be a little more open-access. 

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,116 posts
6,714 battles
20 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

That's exactly what I'm saying - that it isn't.

Most of the buffs to the UUs themselves are in terms of removing the nerf tradeoffs built into the UU, but you still have to account for the modules you can't fit because you chose this thing. 

The one problem I have with the UUs being in the RB as they are now is that I currently have only two tech-tree ships at Tier 10 (and will soon have one), but I can't access the UUs at all until I have five (which I probably never will because I don't actually want most of them). Previously I got given the grind mission as soon as I played the ship. I don't mind the Ohio and Colbert being locked away until I have five tech-tree ships at Tier 10, but the UUs ought to be a little more open-access. 

And honestly I think the old system was better because it forced you to gain experience with the actual ship you have the UU for. That's the best way to decide if you want the thing. Now you can just FXP your way into oodles of RP, FXP a line straight to Tier X, and FXP the UU, all without ever actually having to play the ship in question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
90
[NGA]
Members
128 posts
7,290 battles

@Hapa_Fodder just to reinforce what’s already been said, most of this seems like a significant downgrade rather than a “legendary” or “Unique” upgrade. Yueyang has already been overnerfed and now you’re making her into a mediocre gunboat. The one for Montana is just sad. I literally just got the upgrade for the DM and was looking forward to playing it and now I feel I wasted the research points, unless you tell me existing upgrades are grandfathered (which I doubt). Henri has been hit with the nerf bat way too many times already to the point its becoming uncompetitive IMHO, same for GB. 

Could we get a little more rationale on the reasons for the changes please. When I look at the data on win rates, avg damage, etc.... I don’t see the reason you would want to nerf these ships. Also, what the blog does say makes no sense. For example on Yueyang, does anyone really think a 5% increase in gun firing rate is going to make people play more aggressively, especially since a Harugumo or Daring would just slaughter you anyway.  Also, if so, why does WG want players to play more aggressively when the primary selling point is her deep water torps? 

Isn’t it up to us, the players, to decide how we want to play a given ship. If I want to be more aggressive with a DD I’ll get the Harugumo.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
12 posts
78 battles

With this rebalancing, is Moskva the only non-tech tree ship who's gonna have an UU, or there's plan to extend the joys of Research Bureau to other special/premiums?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×