Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

ST, new ships.

17 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,547 posts
13,910 battles

New Ships are on the horizon! This is to discuss the new Test Ships Ludendorf and Erich Loenhardt

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/18

Please leave your feedback below.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator
2,931 posts
15,419 battles

Link is now working guys, sorry about that

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,651 posts
34,939 battles

So Ludendorff will be a better Jean Bart? Really? Is that what we need WG? More OP ships?

• Boring 2

[MOOW]
[MOOW]
Members
624 posts
23,386 battles
4 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

So Ludendorff will be a better Jean Bart? Really? Is that what we need WG? More OP ships?

Not really...just a freddy with 12 15 in guns.....jean bart is a completely diffrent animal.

• Cool 6

[ARGSY]
Members
20,178 posts
14,340 battles

Erich Loenhardt looks VERY interesting. Baby Graf Zeppelin with HE bombs? Yes please.

With a Freedom camo for California coming out, maybe this heralds the FINAL arrival of the ship itself. 

Ludendorff looks like fun too. But what I really want to know is which resource FDR is coming for.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
11,852 posts
24,547 battles
36 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

It's just an FDG really with 4 more guns. The torps will be great in Co-op but doubt they get used much in Randoms as most likely just 6km like the others with them. Doesn't look OP to me?

[STAFF]
[STAFF]
Members
69 posts
4,230 battles

Ludendorff looks pretty much like and FDG with Alsace alpha strike (12x380, 32 sec reload). Could be fun.

[WOLFB]
Members
3,144 posts
7,193 battles

So 2 new German ships that we will all get excited about then they will get beaten down with the nerf bat. 

• Cool 4
  • Boring 2

[GRAVE]
Members
1,272 posts
18,801 battles

Ludendorff: the supposed German coal BB, looks interesting on paper, doesn't appear to need any nerfs as it stands, but WG will likely find something they can kill to ruin it

Loewenhardt: is it sad that this is probably the best German CV out of all of them?

• Cool 2

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,927 posts
11,602 battles

PLEASE WG, PLEASE dont drown that German BB with unneeded nerfs like you did the Agir, thats all i ask, let it stay a brawler at the very least with the secondaries and torps

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF8]
Members
7,345 posts
6,239 battles

I am excited for both ships. More German botes! Noice! :crab:

Unfortunately, I think I can foresee a nerf for Ludendorff... simply because she has both Hydro and torpedoes. I mean, isn't that what essentially happened to Odin? LOL. :Smile_smile:

Lowenhardt looks like she doesn't have the super Secondaries of Graffy Zeppy? If true, I think it's a shame... lel. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
32 posts
9 battles

Finally some brawling material ? Or will you delete the secondary like you did with the Aegir ?...
Will they get the Graf Zepelin secondary dispersion ?
Have to save coal again I guess...

[THREE]
Members
2,402 posts
13,207 battles

Hey

Who cares about German ships anymore; after all, Wargaming you will NERF them into oblivion, to the point they will become nothing but garbage.  Agir, Odin comes to mind, Graf Zeppelin rollout.  

Pete

[DOG]
Members
1,109 posts
11,806 battles
On 5/12/2020 at 8:12 AM, Quantumphysics333 said:

Ludendorff looks pretty much like and FDG with Alsace alpha strike (12x380, 32 sec reload). Could be fun.

Yeah, it looks like an almost perfect match for an Alsace in a lot of ways.  Alsace can fire 8 main guns forward instead of 6.  But Ludendorff has more effective secondary firepower if they are keeping their bows toward each other, since Alsace would only have the three 6" guns in the forward turret, and the 100 mm guns are mostly useless, except to start the occasional fire.  But if they are broadside-to-broadside, it would even out a bit more, and then go far in Ludendorff's favor inside of 6 km due to the torps.  Of course, Alsace isn't really supposed to be a brawler anyway, and would be well advised to keep its distance.

[A-D-F]
Members
374 posts
14,166 battles

Ludendorff to FGD is what Shcarnhorst is to the Gneisenau ( probably not the best analogy )

Eric Loewenhardt ( tier 6 CV ) looks like a slightly "better" Furious.

"Better" in the sense, that it has planes that are just as "durable" but are faster ( excluding the torpedo planes ).
The HE bombs have the potential to do serious damage ( depending on the drop pattern ), "IF" both of them hit the target.

This is all counter balanced by torpedo planes being average for the tier 6 and torpedoes themselves being on par with tier 4 CVs.

The big question is: "How accurate are the secondaries?", because the secondary range could be increased to @7.56km.

Then again all stats are preliminary and there is no telling how long the ships will be "stuck in development".

Sign in to follow this