Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
henrychenhenry

Fellow WoWS players, if you earn 1 day of prem and did not get to use it because it dropped on a random day, can you ask CS to drop you another 1 day of prem?

8 comments in this topic

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts

This is not a "complaining about reward"-type thread.

On May 2, WoWS announced on Twitter a one-day opportunity to earn 1 day of prem time. This was posted about on the forums as well, with many players ridiculing the idea of participating. If anyone wants to share that forum link feel free, I won't bother digging it up.

I participated in the event and logged in to the game every day waiting for the 1 day of prem. Then, on Wednesday night right before I intended to go to bed, I saw the day of prem and it was at 6 hours left. I played 2 battles for ~1,400 BXP and then went to sleep. I wasn't told when the prem day would drop, and none of my actions triggered it to drop. Therefore, my opinion is it was unreasonable to drop 24 hr prem, a time-limited reward, at a random time and expect players to fully utilize it. They could've dropped it during/after the stream the event was for, but they nope! They could've given advance notice, even in very fine print, nope! I created a polite ticket to CS saying such and asking for 1 day of prem on any weekend. CS said no, and wouldn't answer one of my follow-up questions. Since this is 1 day of prem, it's not the end of the world, and I am willing to stop re-opening the ticket. However, I fundamentally disagree with CS's actions.

Fellow WoWS players, what are your thoughts?

For transparency, here's the full contents of my ticket to CS (Ticket # 124173716):

Spoiler

Dear Sir/Madam,

I've heard there's some sort of holiday in Russia right now, which is why the patch is postponed a week. Happy holiday! Would love to learn more about it.

I am a very active WoWS player (at least that's what I would say), and I also actively follow WoWS on Reddit, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Twitter, the new official Dev Blog, Medium, the new official Discord (and many unofficial Discord servers for things like KotS), and the forums. Which means that when I saw this 1 day offer for 1 day of premium time (https://twitter.com/WorldofWarships/status/1256584525569822724; https://gleam.io/QT8yz/yana-x-world-of-warships) I was very excited! Following WoWS on Twitter pays off! Or so I thought.

So I immediately participated in the World of Warships Social Challenge I linked. The prize bundles all contains 1 day of prem time, so I waited patiently during and after the stream for the day of prem. Nope, not yet. Got to have patience! So I came back Sunday. Nope! Monday. Nope! Tuesday. Nope! I decided that the day of prem would be credited on X day just when I log in (where I don't know what X is) so I didn't have to check at the beginning of every day.

I usually play WoWS every day, but some days I just don't have time (you can understand that, right?). But yesterday when I logged in, I was disappointed. Somehow the 1 day of prem time was credited when I wasn't in the game! And i only had 6 hours left! I wasn't notified in advance when the prem time would drop, and so I was surprised by the fact that it dropped and time started clicking when I wasn't even in-game.

And worse (like it could be worse, but it could), it was bedtime for me!!! I had time to play just 2 games (a ~1,200 bxp loss and a ~200 bxp loss) before going to bed. What a waste of prem time. I was (and still am) really sad. The whole weekend I was really excited. I faithfully follow WoWS on every channel imaginable for almost 5 years, and this is how I got rewarded :( There weren't many social media freebies recently, so understandably I was really excited my following WoWS paid off!

May you show a little kindness (maybe in the spirit of a holiday season!) to a loyal veteran player and give me 1 day prem on the weekend? (I don't care if its Saturday or Sunday.) Or maybe 1 WG container?

Thank you so much!
Hopeful WoWS player (henrychenhenry)

Here's CS's reply:

Dear henrychenhenry,

Thank you for contacting us.
In regard to your request, I have to tell you that we cannot honour your request and credit an extra day of Premium time since this is how it works - once activated, it starts to run out. Those rewards that you received were invoiced as soon as they were ready, we cannot guarantee that you'll be able to fully use them.
However, I see that you used a part of the Premium time as well as you received the containers.
I hope that you understand our position on this matter and you'll further enjoy playing our game. 

Thank you and have a good day.
Best regards, 

My reply:

Dear Kirill Zhdanov,

Thanks for replying.

"In regard to your request, I have to tell you that we cannot honour your request and credit an extra day of Premium time since this is how it works - once activated, it starts to run out."
Sad to read this. This actually is the cause of my problem. The problem is, nothing I did triggered the activation. If it was activated when I logged in, I could live with that. Since 1) I didn't get to choose when to activate it and 2) I didn't even know when it would be activated, I had no way to take advantage of the day of premium. It's almost the same as not getting it in the first place.

"Those rewards that you received were invoiced as soon as they were ready, we cannot guarantee that you'll be able to fully use them."
So is the reward for users actively following WoWS on WoWS's 9 channels (or 10 if you include news site) 1 day of premium that players cannot fully use?

"However, I see that you used a part of the Premium time as well as you received the containers."
Yes, I played 2 battles during the day of prem for ~1,400 BXP. I was very transparent about this. Take away the XP, credits, FXP, commander XP I earned that day, I don't care. If that will make you happy then do it. You have my permission. Part of the reward in addition to the prem time was some containers. You can see I am telling the truth by going to the links I included earlier. (https://gleam.io/QT8yz/yana-x-world-of-warships) That I opened the containers is independent of the prem time. Also, prem time does not increase container rewards.

"I hope that you understand our position on this matter and you'll further enjoy playing our game."
I was hoping for some more understanding from you. I understand you don't have to give anybody rewards. But when you do, why not go the extra mile? I'm not saying "I missed out on this 1 day offer, gimme gimme GIMME!!!!!!" I am saying "I participated in this 1 day offer because I am a very active player both in-game and out-of-game. I didn't get to take full advantage of the rewards though because one of them expired before I could and I had no advance notice. Would it be possible for you to kindly credit me that reward again?" Please? Pretty please with a cherry on top?

"Thank you and have a good day."
Thanks and you too!

Best regards,
henrychenhenry

CS:

Dear henrychenhenry,

Thank you for coming back to us.

We regret to say that again but in this case, we cannot honour your request and credit an extra day of Premium time.

Sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and hope this does not detract from your World of Warships experience.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any other questions or concerns.

Have a good day and fair seas Captain!

Kind regards,

Me:

Dear Aliaksei Zavitnevich,

Thanks for replying. Had I not played the two battles, would you be able to credit the day of premium? Or still no?

Thanks,
henrychenhenry

CS:

Dear henrychenhenry,

Thank you for contacting Player Support.

We don't make compensation for lost profits. If the premium account has been activated, you have 24 hours to use it.

If you have any additional questions, please contact us, we will be happy to help.

Best regards,

Me:

Dear Sebastien Dubois,

Thanks for replying. I'm not sure if you understand the <italics>cause<italics> of my issue. The cause is that nothing I did activated it, and I had no advance warning when it would be activated.

If I earn a 24 hr prem reward, you can't just activate it a random time and expect me to use it then immediately so it isn't a "lost profit"!!! Or can you?

I hope you understand what I am saying this time. Thanks!

Best,
henrychenhenry

CS:

Dear Commander,

While we understand your point, we will not reconsider our decision - you received all the bonuses that were owed and we are sorry to hear that you couldn't fully use them.
Thank you for your understanding and have a good day.

Best regards,

I created the ticket 4 days ago. As of now, I still haven't reopened the ticket. CS's response is pretty simple: No additional prem time and this is nonnegotiable.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,569 posts
11,186 battles

Seems like they have a black and white policy with no grey areas . Kind of stinks and you were very pleasant about it to your credit .

It's a shame at least it's just one day kudos to you for not going bonkers they should have done better .

Edited by clammboy
  • Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
10,726 posts
18,582 battles

If you dont use it, you lose it... As stated by CS, Premium time cannot wind down only when you spend time on the client..Its start ticking as long as you activate it..

it is what it is... You cant ask for a refund on those... Especially when it was a reward, not spent money on...

Edited by Navalpride33

[D-H-O]
Beta Testers
1,161 posts
10,892 battles

WG have been using the same policy on prem days since 2010.

FYI - Delete the hidden contents as "Creating posts or threads to discuss moderators or moderator decisions and actions" will get you into the do-do.

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
11 hours ago, clammboy said:

Seems like they have a black and white policy with no grey areas . Kind of stinks and you were very pleasant about it to your credit .

It's a shame at least it's just one day kudos to you for not going bonkers they should have done better .

Yeah, black and white with no grey. Nice way to describe it. I was just hoping CS could do something.

11 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

If you dont use it, you lose it... As stated by CS, Premium time cannot wind down only when you spend time on the client..Its start ticking as long as you activate it..

it is what it is... You cant ask for a refund on those... Especially when it was a reward, not spent money on...

I didn't activate it. And I'm not asking for a refund.

10 hours ago, madgiecool said:

WG have been using the same policy on prems days since 2010.

FYI - Delete the hidden contents as "Creating posts or threads to discuss moderators or moderator decisions and actions" will get you into the do-do.

I don't know what this policy on prem days is. Thanks for the FYI, but I think this is different since CS aren't moderators and this isn't about a moderator action. I remember a very big thread that attracted the attention of @wacko17 also about CS actions, and didn't get shut down. Don't remember a single thread about CS that got shut down.

[WORX]
Members
10,726 posts
18,582 battles
4 hours ago, henrychenhenry said:

didn't activate it. And I'm not asking for a refund. 

It activates on its own as per what CS corresponded with you... Based on what I read, it sure looks like you're asking for a refund.

Edited by Navalpride33

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,569 posts
11,186 battles
9 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I activates on its own as per what CS corresponded with you... Based on what I read, it sure looks like you're asking for a refund.

It might not be a bad idea if they just stated crate activates at 12:00 pm Sunday May 10 but I don't know what that entails on WG or Twitch streams end .

Members
165 posts
6,168 battles

Imagine being stuck in a grocery check-out line because some dude is arguing with the cashier over an expired or inapplicable $1 coupon. Don't be that dude. Nobody likes that dude. There are players who have real issues that need to be resolved and they have to wait for CS to go through your thesis defense about $1 worth of wasted virtual goods.

Sign in to follow this