You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
wildcat18

CV ships

80 comments in this topic

Members
360 posts

I have not played one but from what I read, CV's are the Arty of WOWS?  If CV's are the arty, what will subs be?  Should I prepare myself for the "remove CV and Subs from the game" threads? 

• Boring 5

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,437 posts
6,489 battles

naaaaaaaa...   Never happens.   

• Funny 3

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts

The remove cv have been going in for years now.

Get ready for the your a this and that and how dare you live because you play a sub thread.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,607 posts
6 minutes ago, wildcat18 said:

I have not played one but from what I read, CV's are the Arty of WOWS?  If CV's are the arty, what will subs be?  Should I prepare myself for the "remove CV and Subs from the game" threads? 

August 9, 2012 -- Wow, you created an account before there was even a game!

As for "remove CV threads," I'm not sure what you are talking about. I've never seen such a thing here. The players of WOWS simply adore CVs -- they are by far the most popular ship type and the people who play them are revered throughout the land. There is nothing but praise and adulation for CVs and CV players here in the forums. I'm sure the same thing will be said for subs.

Or maybe I'm just being silly. :Smile_smile:

Here, have a couple of songs:

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[O7]
Members
1,493 posts
10,811 battles
32 minutes ago, wildcat18 said:

cv are essentially arty except they can spot for themselves and are for more accurate capable of multiple strikes per launch, easily defend themselves if they ever need to put themselves at risk and are the most armoured ships in the game with zero counterplay.

pretty much the same as arty, same dislike in the community.

Edited by ITZ_ACE_BABY
  • Cool 7
  • Boring 4

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,437 posts
6,489 battles
9 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

As for "remove CV threads," I'm not sure what you are talking about. I've never seen such a thing here. The players of WOWS simply adore CVs -- they are by far the most popular ship type and the people who play them are revered throughout the land. There is nothing but praise and adulation for CVs and CV players here in the forums. I'm sure the same thing will be said for subs.

Or maybe I'm just being silly. :Smile_smile:

Here, have a couple of songs:

This is so true..  @Snargfargle literally has groupies and stalkers.. they follow him around and post on all his threads and posts...Just wait you'll see.  I could name names.. but that might be against forums rules?   Sub captains are bound for same glorious treatment.   

• Funny 1

[O_O]
Members
6,431 posts
15,317 battles

A high-ranking WG employee promised there would be no subs.  WoWS players largely approved.  Years later, here come subs.  Yeah, yeah, I get it, time changes things and I harbor zero animosity or judgment toward Sub_Octavian because of it (hmm...subs...Sub_Octavian...coincidence?  Conspiracy? :Smile_trollface:).  However, that doesn't change a large portion of the WoWS player base who are still staunchly opposed to submarines being added to the game (consider me a member of that club :cap_viking:).

Implementation of submarines into Random and/or Ranked battles will result in large-scale outrage.  It is inevitable.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
360 posts
12 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Pretty funny post and i laughed, but I missed the punch line on this one. Help me out, im old.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,412 posts
14,163 battles
31 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

That is the date he created an account with WG. If he didn't have zero matches or has his stats blocked, hard to say which, you would find the WoWS account date with them.

On the OP's question subs will be even more arty like in the hatred aimed at them.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,623 posts
9,458 battles
48 minutes ago, wildcat18 said:

Should I prepare myself for the "remove CV and Subs from the game" threads? 

...You haven’t spent much time on the forum lately, have you?

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,607 posts
20 minutes ago, wildcat18 said:

Pretty funny post and i laughed, but I missed the punch line on this one. Help me out, im old.

Just browse the General Game Discussion Forum and look for CV and Sub threads. 

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,047 posts
35,989 battles
56 minutes ago, wildcat18 said:

Yes, they are the artillery of WOWs, and yes, you should brace for those. They are widely hated, just like artillery, since they are similarly odious. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
4,353 posts
3,781 battles
1 hour ago, wildcat18 said:

Yes they fill the old "hate snipers" niche. With CVs you usually point your middle finger up to the sky, with Subs now you could also point it down. 

Members
360 posts
36 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Just browse the General Game Discussion Forum and look for CV and Sub threads. 

I know, but some have accused me of liking to stir the pot. I see no truth in it though.

Members
360 posts
39 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

...You haven’t spent much time on the forum lately, have you?

Define much time? There are two ways of looking at that.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,607 posts
2 minutes ago, wildcat18 said:

I know, but some have accused me of liking to stir the pot. I see no truth in it though.

The problem with having so many anti-CV posts in the forums is that when someone actually comes here with a legitimate question about CVs then everyone thinks they are trolling. There are a couple dozen here who really don't like CVs.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Boring 1

Members
360 posts
5 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

The problem with having so many anti-CV posts in the forums is that when someone actually comes here with a legitimate question about CVs then everyone thinks they are trolling. There are a couple dozen here who really don't like CVs.

I will assume a good(guessing) CV player will step right up and help. The trolling will never end no matter how serious or non serious they may be. Two sides getting wound up over is more reason to try and laugh about it.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,607 posts
Just now, wildcat18 said:

I will assume a good(guessing) CV player will step right up and help. 

Guess again, one of the top CV players on the EU server comes here and trolls every CV thread. 

Members
360 posts
2 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Guess again, one of the top CV players on the EU server comes here and trolls every CV thread. 

I would find him funny and entertaining.  Those CV questions will still get answered, trolling or not. I have been on the forums long enough to know info on everything is here. All the noob CV player questions get answered

• Boring 1

Members
6,151 posts
9,801 battles
8 minutes ago, wildcat18 said:

I would find him funny and entertaining.  Those CV questions will still get answered, trolling or not. I have been on the forums long enough to know info on everything is here. All the noob CV player questions get answered

I'd just ask the specific CV questions. Xlap, Taichunger, and the rest of the anti-CV minority get very tempted to try making it all about "no no please don't play this cancer class cause it offends us."

Me, play my CVs when want to. If it upsets someone, he/she has a duty to accept it and move on. Unless got a contract or something by which the snowflake provides your internet/computer in exchange for you playing only pre-approved ship types, he/she hasn't any teeth.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

it's the players that refuse to play them (cv's) because they do not wish to torment other players that crack me up...

• Boring 1

[WOLFC]
Members
1,623 posts
9,458 battles
1 hour ago, wildcat18 said:

Define much time? There are two ways of looking at that.

There have been multiple “never subs” and “remove subs from the game” threads weekly ever since they were first announced.

[BONKS]
Members
693 posts
3,376 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

No. They call out your [edited]. And all the [edited] from players who thinks CV's are fine and roses and gum drops when they are not. So do I occasionally. Funny that. Super Unicum CV players (the people who KNOW how to play them and all the exploits, tricks etc) call out the rework and are branded as troll for doing so. lol. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[AAA]
Members
447 posts
14,998 battles
2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Um, no. No one thinks people who start the threads about legitimate and pertinent concerns related to CVs are trolling.

Everyone knows the trolling or attempted trolling is being done by the pro-CV crowd.

Secondly, the other day it was only a few people on the forums who didn't like CVs.

Yet there was the one person in game in the screen shot who didn't like CVs--despite it only being a few on the forums who don't like them.

And now it's up to a couple dozen who really don't like CVs.

Ah, the ever changing explanations of the pro-CV crowd.

So transparent.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3