You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Think I Know Why Jean Bart Is No Longer Sold

16 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles

Had a nice Jean Bart Battle yesterday where I broke my all time non Scenario ships sunk record of 5 ship by scoring 6 ships sunk. And there have been many nice battles in my Jean Bart just none previously that scored over 5 ships sunk. And if enough other players have had these kind of results I  think I can see why WG would see fit to remove the ship from sale...

Was fun battle as we had our BBs fast enough to really push through A and I went on ahead to continue engaging the enemy, almost was sunk myself but managed to buy myself enough time to heal up for final couple of enemy ships by sinking the DD that was trying to burn me down. So the Dreadnought and Fireproof was an understatement. As I had used up all 5 heals by the end of the battle and only had 10k or less HP left. Nobody could have accused me of camping either as I had inspired my team on my flank to do an all ahead full flanking push early on and I was on point of that and we did not stop. Just sailed right through the enemy battle lines leaving their sinking wrecks in our wake. :Smile_izmena:

The below credits and XP are without premium time or economic flags. :Smile_smile:

69784E96-201B-400A-B07D-5720E0C436D3.thumb.jpeg.332aa050c3e077173cbfb9b4145d3313.jpeg

• Cool 7
  • Confused 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
1 minute ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

That is a sweet game!

Yeah I have learned that with Jean Bart you can actually just go all ahead full to engage the enemy as long as you have some support with you and as long as you don’t take on the entire enemy team all at once. 

All your main guns are in the bow, which means a full out fighting retreat is not as viable.

The bow armor is strong enough to withstand some pretty good hits.

The chances of catching fire seem to be lower than the tier 8-10 French BBs.

The secondary guns are good with just having AFT, BFT, AR, and signal flags are relatively strong. Which is great auxiliary firepower as well as back up firepower in case one or even both main gun turrets get destroyed which I had one of my main turrets get destroyed in another recent battle that yielded another Kraken and similar damage score.

The AA guns are good, particularly when you do the above secondary build.

The Consumables main battery reload booster and Speed boost further increase the tactical flexibility of the ship by allowing it to surprise and overwhelm enemy ships. And the Speed Boost can be used defensively by getting ahead suddenly and these avoiding torpedo hits that were launched based on your normal speed.

So all in all you might as well be highly aggressive in Jean Bart rather than hanging back far behind allied lines trying to simply snipe. And the team typically seems happier having a BB providing close fire support for the frontline DDs and CAs.

• Cool 2

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,565 posts
11,145 battles
34 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Had a nice Jean Bart Battle yesterday where I broke my all time non Scenario ships sunk record of 5 ship by scoring 6 ships sunk. And there have been many nice battles in my Jean Bart just none previously that scored over 5 ships sunk. And if enough other players have had these kind of results I  think I can see why WG would see fit to remove the ship from sale...

Was fun battle as we had our BBs fast enough to really push through A and I went on ahead to continue engaging the enemy, almost was sunk myself but managed to buy myself enough time to heal up for final couple of enemy ships by sinking the DD that was trying to burn me down. So the Dreadnought and Fireproof was an understatement. As I had used up all 5 heals by the end of the battle and only had 10k or less HP left. Nobody could have accused me of camping either as I had inspired my team on my flank to do an all ahead full flanking push early on and I was on point of that and we did not stop. Just sailed right through the enemy battle lines leaving their sinking wrecks in our wake. :Smile_izmena:

The below credits and XP are without premium time or economic flags. :Smile_smile:

69784E96-201B-400A-B07D-5720E0C436D3.thumb.jpeg.332aa050c3e077173cbfb9b4145d3313.jpeg

That's an awesome game Admiral I have had some good games in the JB but not that good congrats . 

[V_V_V]
Members
655 posts
14,640 battles

I used JB to rank out in Sprint; a great ship for seizing Buffs and the Key Area when supported.

shot-20.05.08_21.25.20-0551.jpg

[-PVE-]
Members
591 posts
5 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yeah I have learned that with Jean Bart you can actually just go all ahead full to engage the enemy as long as you have some support with you and as long as you don’t take on the entire enemy team all at once. 

All your main guns are in the bow, which means a full out fighting retreat is not as viable.

The bow armor is strong enough to withstand some pretty good hits.

The chances of catching fire seem to be lower than the tier 8-10 French BBs.

The secondary guns are good with just having AFT, BFT, AR, and signal flags are relatively strong. Which is great auxiliary firepower as well as back up firepower in case one or even both main gun turrets get destroyed which I had one of my main turrets get destroyed in another recent battle that yielded another Kraken and similar damage score.

The AA guns are good, particularly when you do the above secondary build.

The Consumables main battery reload booster and Speed boost further increase the tactical flexibility of the ship by allowing it to surprise and overwhelm enemy ships. And the Speed Boost can be used defensively by getting ahead suddenly and these avoiding torpedo hits that were launched based on your normal speed.

So all in all you might as well be highly aggressive in Jean Bart rather than hanging back far behind allied lines trying to simply snipe. And the team typically seems happier having a BB providing close fire support for the frontline DDs and CAs.

In my experience, when I go all ahead on my JB will sorts of signals, I almost always find my teammates in the back, hiding behind the nearest rock they can find. 

One time, I found myself screening for a DD. 

:Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 1

[BIER]
Members
463 posts
6,918 battles

Yes, that's great, but that IS with the +200% daily win bonus and the +100% XP camo.   A 2700 XP game is still excellent, though.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

i bought my way to tier 9 with JB... I don't have any tech tree ships at T9 yet.  And I am well above 50% in it..  it's an easy ship to play!  I like all the front gunned ships for basically the same reasons....  well Nelson is a bit squishy..

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
11 hours ago, SKurj said:

i bought my way to tier 9 with JB... I don't have any tech tree ships at T9 yet.  And I am well above 50% in it..  it's an easy ship to play!  I like all the front gunned ships for basically the same reasons....  well Nelson is a bit squishy..

Nelson can be a very strong ship when bow on, but it’s side armor will often eat citadel hits when hit hard side on, but not always as I have taken some surprisingly hard side of hits and barely taken damage before. My main problem with Nelson is it has to use Sierra Mike Signal flags every time I take her out into battle in order to maximize the speed enough to try and keep pace with my teams.

Since it sounds like you are new enough that I doubt you have 19 point captains. So if I may make a couple recommendations that will help your Jean Bart, Nelson, a variety of other French and British Battleships. The Following captains you will want on a good tech tree Battleship that you enjoy and then they can be shared with as many premium battleships as you want / have in port. Once you have them trained onto the tech tree Battleship play battles each day with the tech tree ship, then move the captain to the premium ship or ships and play some battles with the idea being to collect the daily XP bonuses off each of the ships. This process will get a captain trained up to 19 points much faster than just working on 1 ship. Like my Jack Dunkirk got up to 19 points in about a month by using Queen Elizabeth, Warspite, Duke of York, and Nelson. Then once you have a 19 point captain he can earn Elite Captain XP which can be used to help level up other captains along with the benefit of being the best level of captain for battles. And it allows the 19 point captain to help several ships with the minor hassle of having to transfer him onto to ship your wanting to use. A captain can serve on 1 premium ship and unlimited number of premium ships with no transfer fees.

Jack and Bert Dunkirk if you can get one or both of them they greatly help your gun traverse to be faster with enhanced expert marksman and that enhanced Jack of all trades can help you create a great survivability build as it can allow your consumables to reload 10% faster which you could see how that can be helpful.

0C63028E-F473-48D9-B759-A2EE360A5459.thumb.png.9095d9b451cf459b2ff4ddc742068812.png

And this French Captain once again has enhanced Expert Marksman But instead of Jack of all trades you get enhanced Adrenaline Rush. So your turrets on Jean Bart will rotate much faster than a normal captain and as your ship takes damage your reload will be faster than a standard adrenaline rush skill. And that increased rate of fire does also seem to stack with the main battery reload booster. This captain is part of the secret of my success in Jean Bart. And much like with the British captain either one or both will help you.

A2F5E954-C5AE-4CA1-A381-AA01FC97AC08.thumb.png.8cb5469ee26ce37c3d58e872074cdb5f.png

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
2,138 posts

tnx I have one of the honore's in JB now, i paid the 1500 dubs.  I bought the jb with a 30% off coupon for myself for my bday... largest single purchase i have made was the JB, but well worth it.  i know a fair bit about the crew training, i am just not really focusing on french or english ships atm, almost have bismarck and already have the 2 camos waiting.  I do run Gneis and Tirpitz for training.  I look forward to getting graf spee in the dockyard thing, and i'd also like to get scharn.  

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
2 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Something is different about Jean Bart’s chances of getting set on fire, Because while the tech tree French BBs tiers 8-10 get hit by just a little HE and turned into floating bonfires from bow to stern until I get sunk. Happens battle after battle. But in Jean Bart I can have streams of HE shells hammering my ship and still not get set on fire or have one or 2 fires and all feels reasonable and manageable like some other BBs I have that can resist fires reasonably well.

[WOLF3]
Members
27,005 posts
23,801 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Something is different about Jean Bart’s chances of getting set on fire, Because while the tech tree French BBs tiers 8-10 get hit by just a little HE and turned into floating bonfires from bow to stern until I get sunk. Happens battle after battle. But in Jean Bart I can have streams of HE shells hammering my ship and still not get set on fire or have one or 2 fires and all feels reasonable and manageable like some other BBs I have that can resist fires reasonably well.

Confirmation Bias, my man.

The higher the tier your ship is, the better the fire resistance.

On top of that for tech tree ships, stock hull modules have worse fire resistance.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,628 posts
4,994 battles

I got enough coal for JB about a week before they removed her.  I've played a single match thus far.  Got my 10th Kraken Unleashed in that match.

[WOLF3]
Members
27,005 posts
23,801 battles
11 hours ago, Helstrem said:

I got enough coal for JB about a week before they removed her.  I've played a single match thus far.  Got my 10th Kraken Unleashed in that match.

Solid boat, completely built around the guns to make up for other deficiencies.  Gun reload is fast but the MBRB is what lets her hammer someone when the opportunity presents itself.  Battleship shells landing on you at Cruiser rate of fire for a period of time isn't a pleasant feeling.  Most especially if the JB player catches you when you've made a mistake like show broadsides.  With a bunch of BBs out there, you got 1 good salvo in for that situation before the enemy player recovers from the mistake.  But with JB, pop MBRB and you sneak in two good salvos before they recover and protect their citadel again.

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
On 5/15/2020 at 4:10 AM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Solid boat, completely built around the guns to make up for other deficiencies.  Gun reload is fast but the MBRB is what lets her hammer someone when the opportunity presents itself.  Battleship shells landing on you at Cruiser rate of fire for a period of time isn't a pleasant feeling.  Most especially if the JB player catches you when you've made a mistake like show broadsides.  With a bunch of BBs out there, you got 1 good salvo in for that situation before the enemy player recovers from the mistake.  But with JB, pop MBRB and you sneak in two good salvos before they recover and protect their citadel again.

Lol what other deficiencies? :Smile_veryhappy:

The main guns are good. They get backed up by main battery reload booster.

Secondary guns are good, particularly with BFT, AFT, AR, and secondary gun signal flags like I carry. Great for variety of situations from added firepower in close range brawl, to watching your back if a ship comes in from behind.

The AA guns are good so CVs typically don’t want to bother Jean Bart, or will only prove a minor nuisance to the ship.

Speed is good and further improved by speed boost consumables. And yet the ship is still able to turn rather well, especially with steering Mod.

And the armor is good enough.