Sign in to follow this  

4 comments in this topic

[RBMK3]
Members
10 posts
4,780 battles

I wonder if wows have ever considered giving us one of the revenge class BB's as a tier 6 premium?

The_Royal_Navy_during_the_Second_World_War_A25722.jpg

Edited by SuperRodge52
add picture
  • Cool 1

[ALL41]
[ALL41]
Members
26 posts
8,107 battles

In my opinion, one of the "R" class battleships should have been included by Wargaming as the Tier VI tech-tree BB in place of Queen Elizabeth. 

The slow (21 knot?) Revenge, Ramillies, etc. would have been an easy fit for Tier VI, but the 380 mm main battery is too powerful for Tier V.

That would have allowed the faster and better armored (than R-class) QE to be introduced as a Premium variant of Warspite.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[TCHR]
[TCHR]
Members
19 posts
888 battles

I think the Revenge would be a great addition to the game! It's slower speed of 21 kn top speed would turn many away but it does have redeeming traits. The first being, it is smaller and more compact, making it harder to hit compared to the larger QE's. It also has increased deck armor which would better protect from HE spam and long range shots. Disadvantages would be a short range on both main and secondary guns, the former being in casements, and the aforementioned lack of speed. However, these could be remedied using flags and a spotter plane. Also if it was added to a alternate BB line there is a possible upgrade path using the blueprint of the modernization of the Royal Oak. But overall would be a great tier 6 BB

Members
201 posts
7,281 battles

Should the UK line be split at some point with Battlecruisers?

Invincible Class

Indefatigable Class

Queen Mary/HMS Tiger

Renown Class

Admiral Class/HMS Hood? 

Sign in to follow this