You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
USS_Taylor_Swift

How did your Sprint Season 11 compare to past seasons

56 comments in this topic

Banned
1,678 posts
1,286 battles

image.thumb.png.1f8e6fccf2d0024252210d62ab16aa4e.png

mine was clearly abysmal compared to past seasons. The 12v12 and being teamed with the same pool of players all the way to rank 1 made it insufferable for me. Just wondering if the rest of you had drastically worse results in this one, like I did.

Banned
1,678 posts
1,286 battles

also, what I'm noticing now and not understanding: how is it possible to get to rank 1 in 24 battles with a 70% winrate in one season, while taking 40 battles with a 90% in another?

Edited by USS_Taylor_Swift

[O7]
Members
1,513 posts
11,692 battles

6b97529b6e13f550400afc007af4914e.png

only lost 6 games and played all solo, i didnt come across many cv so it was quite enjoyable. Although i would not recommend 12v12 again but they are most likely just testing arms race for random battle use.

Banned
1,678 posts
1,286 battles
1 minute ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

6b97529b6e13f550400afc007af4914e.png

only lost 6 games and played all solo, i didnt come across many cv so it was quite enjoyable. Although i would not recommend 12v12 again but they are most likely just testing arms race for random battle use.

that's remarkable. The sheer number of blowout games I had, I don't see how they could have been carried.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
39,002 battles

I was surprised to find that this Ranked was like most other Sprints. Averaged over 60% win rate as usual, (over 80% a couple of anomalous seasons). I played just over half my games in Donskoi. It wasn't on me, my Donskoi play was strictly pedestrian and I had over 2000 base XP just once in Donskoi. I just had amazing luck with the teams. Not often I have a long string of decent teams like that.

• Boring 1

[SIM]
Members
5,848 posts
9,315 battles

Sub 35% winrate, topped out at Rank 8. Nothing but people team-killing, humping the back line, or suiciding immediately. I didn't do particularly well, but I at least had the decency to shoot the red ships, stay in the fight, and provide all of the support that I could. Mostly ran Bajie and Yoshino. If WG does another ranked like this again then there's no chance that I'll participate. It was effing garbage.

• Funny 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,454 posts
23,793 battles

No angst at all with this Ranked season. I didn't participate...

• Cool 1

[KSC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,334 posts
13,222 battles
1 hour ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

also, what I'm noticing now and not understanding: how is it possible to get to rank 1 in 24 battles with a 70% winrate in one season, while taking 40 battles with a 90% in another?

I haven't been here for all the sprints, but some sprints require more stars per rank.  A recent sprint was trimmed down because it was released later than expected, for instance.

Members
859 posts
4,679 battles

Much easier than previous seasons. I did okay with the GK and Alaska, but when I pulled out the Worcester I flew up the rankings with a 72% WR and a 120k average damage. It was so good at controlling the middle of the map.

image.thumb.png.918df3613dca1f833bcbc27796831948.png

[WOOKY]
[WOOKY]
Members
651 posts
12,775 battles

Gave up after 35ish battles. I quit counting after a while but according to MMM I was in the "better" team about 30% of the time and it showed in the games. Small sample size, I know, but helped me justify my frustration with this season. Just too many one sided matches.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,307 posts
28,648 battles

It was more Ranked than Sprint. They seem to have forgotten what makes Sprint popular.

Members
7,122 posts
22,658 battles

Because the new version was 12 v12  it seemed wonky, I do think I prefer 7v7 but I also noticed that losing a ship or two didn't mean an auto immediate loss. I went 68% but half my games were in the Ibuki for fun, and I had an absolute blast playing it. Seeing my PT indicator spike to 7 every time I was detected was comical.

Members
83 posts
8,779 battles

Tier 6-7-8 were a lot more fun and a lot shorter. i got to 2.2 fast then seesaw''d for another 20 games, tier 9-10 wasn't a lot of fun. but very good for capt and ship xp

[KSE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,732 posts
19,254 battles

I found it lacking compared to other sprints, especially the 12 v 12 aspect.

Beta Testers
1,038 posts
4,513 battles

Did not bother vs. running 200% XP operations. I've got an Alaska to earn.

Ranked Sprint should be more variable than "same layout as last Ranked, just with 5 T9 suckers added to 7v7."

Members
37 posts
11,226 battles

This ranked sprint felt like it was more out of hands than any other ranked sprint. It was closer to random matches and my win rate is almost the same in random, so yeah it felt and played like random.

Screenshot (7).png

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,013 posts
7,823 battles

1st Sprint I have not managed to rank out in..    My own doing.. I decided to grind T9 cruisers.  In most games I was either the only T9 or maybe one of 2..  Drake,  I found pretty useful and felt like I could contribute meaningfully.. Ibuki & DM Donskoi I was miserable in.  I ran a few CV games..   Never felt that they were useful in Arms Race...  Red Team gets a few heal buffs and you just can't do enough damage to impact.  Once DDs are gone, just hard to be much more than an aggravation.    I really didn't commit to much more than running dailies.  But really just do not like arms race. I usually love ranked sprint..  this one just didn't have my interest at all.        

Members
871 posts
5,967 battles

It wasn’t too bad. Took about 6 hours total. 10-5 lost once. Then just ground it out from there. Took out Marceau and Hayate to neutralize other DDs and worked pretty well for the most part.

[-BTP-]
Members
382 posts
12,819 battles

Nobody responded to my post about it, so here is what I have to say.

Except for 1 vs 1 rank, I usually get fed up with the battles and stop after achieving a few rank levels. This time, I had several wins in a row, so I advanced quickly. I used a Z-46, found that to be the best to win. A lot of DD players, would stay way back and torpedo, which more luck than good play, of getting a hit on enemy ship.

[MISRY]
Members
934 posts
6,826 battles

I was 22 and 10.  Ranked out.  Probably would have been better if I wasn't messing around and testing a couple of ships I might not normally have played. 

The Puerto Rico was a beast for me. 5-0 in her. 

I enjoyed this season the most out of any season thus far. 

[INTEL]
Members
3,473 posts
19,901 battles
5 hours ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

mine was clearly abysmal compared to past seasons. The 12v12 and being teamed with the same pool of players all the way to rank 1 made it insufferable for me. Just wondering if the rest of you had drastically worse results in this one, like I did.

Similar results for me.  Just couldn't close it out.  I had too many battles where I did really well and lost.  Then a few battles where I did poorly and won.  Turns out that no matter what I did resulted too few wins.  And I agree, it seems the 12v12 made it all that more difficult to have a net positive effect on the outcome.

Edited by ClassicLib

[UWANK]
Members
102 posts
9,711 battles

I played Cvs and took me 21 battles to rank out, seemed like the Midway did better for me with the 2 and 3 DDs per side i usually saw.  Seemed like I used the torpedo planes to flush people out from behind Islands alot, that and stayed after the DDs to keep them moving and dodging

Edited by JamesZ28