You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Learux

I hope that Subs

6 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
805 posts

excel at hunting down CV's. I have zero interest in subs but if they can do that I will play them just to touch the untouchables.

:)

Members
323 posts
2,954 battles

Bets on my CVs being the best counter to them. The ability to respond to a time sensative spot with rocket planes seems likely.

[FGNE]
Members
960 posts
4,568 battles

I tried subs and CVs on PTS.

Subs are certainly capable of hunting CVs, but they need to travel on the surface (becoming vulnerable to incoming fire), otherwise they are too slow... but considering many CVs don’t even move, you might have a chance.

If the CV commander knows how to effectively move their ship, you will likely never get the chance to sink it.

On the other hand unless you make a mistake, CVs have (currently) no way to directly harm a submerged sub.

Edited by CO_Valle
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,420 posts
14,165 battles
6 minutes ago, Tyberius_D said:

Bets on my CVs being the best counter to them. The ability to respond to a time sensative spot with rocket planes seems likely.

Until something is done about the shotgun/porpoise maneuver ships without ASW capabilities have zero counterplay against them. Historically or in a sim the DE's and DD's would take care of the subs but they wouldn't be doing that job while being shot at by surface ships.

[SOV]
Members
4,621 posts

The main problem is there is no deffence against a submerged sub.

Nothing can touch them but dd and some cl and they never have to surfic they can recharge under water for crying out loud.

Plabes should have death charges at least.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,625 posts
18 minutes ago, CO_Valle said:

On the other hand unless you make a mistake, CVs have (currently) no way to directly harm a submerged sub.

Yeah, it's not like WWII carrier, cruiser, and battleship-launched planes could drop anything like a depth charge.

4c7162fd8839d7ddfe304118a0aebe1c.jpg

• Cool 3