Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LunchCutter

Ryujo Bombs? What am I doing wrong?

3 comments in this topic

Members
778 posts
2,755 battles

I cannot even hit stationary BBs with this CV's bombers. Line them up, perfect position, drop bombs, both splash around target. happens 90% of the time. It's tier 4 little brother I had no issue with bombing ships. Just cannot hit a thing with this boat. Do I need to let the bombs go as soon as it crosses my sites or do I wait until I have a perfectly lined up target? It does not seem to make any difference..

Not even bothering with these planes at the moment as I find them too annoying to play. 

Any help welcome. 

[RLGN]
Members
14,245 posts
25,085 battles

Twitching while being shot at. The AA is a huge distraction to some, not so much to others.

Lead the targets, if moving.

I aim at dead stopped bots, with plenty of time to aim for the waterline, and watch all the shells do jack squat..

Sounds like RNG is giving you the bird, big time.

[BABC]
Members
79 posts

Although my experience with Ryujo is pretty limited (carried over my Shokaku from before rework), but after playing Shoukaku for a while, I'm pretty close to giving up on attempting to citadel BBs unless I'm downtiered. 66% of the time I'm not getting citadels even on a perfectly lined drop, and while I'm dropping 3 bombs per run, given the massive HP pool of BBs, if I'm not getting at least 2 citadels, I'm wasting my time doing one-off runs into heavy AA cover.

You're probably better off going after heavy cruisers like the Japanese, Soviet, German, etc, since getting full cits on their HP pool would have a much more devastating effect on their HP pool proportionally. Light cruisers are a little bit trickier, since they're more nimble and having a thinner profile, so you're more likely to miss or deal less damage from over-pens (instead of doing at least some damage from non-cits but solid hits)

Unless they're German BBs, though, since they're apparently super susceptible to AP bomb citadels. Just had a game where I was reliably getting 2 cits per drop on a singled out Tirpitz, and it was a glorious feeling.

Sign in to follow this