You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DieBesten121

Mid game quitters

8 comments in this topic

[K-9]
Members
14 posts
5,425 battles

So I've noticed lately an increase in mid game quitters that stop playing because the game isn't going their way in the beginning.

In this example, this guy was upset in the first 5 minutes of the game because no one capped the point he was at so he decided to go watch TV instead. Fortunately we ended up winning without him so I wonder how he felt after seeing the end game report...

Anyways, I don't think this childish behavior is appropriate or fair to the team as it could immediately cost you the game being one ship out. And I think some disciplinary action should be enforced for this behavior. I'm aware of the automated system in place but it seems like that gives them a get out of jail free card every once in a while. Which I can see if there's technical difficulties causing someone to AFK, but if there's malicious intent behind it such as the person actually telling the team they're doing so on purpose to be spiteful there shouldn't be a warning.

Is there anything we as players can do to stop this?

CaptureEdited.png

Capture2Edited.png

Capture4Edited.png

Edited by DieBesten121
  • Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
10,648 posts
18,555 battles

If you have the replay along with the pics, this can be reported to CS against the  TOS/EULA...

• Cool 2

Members
969 posts
4,025 battles
15 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

More along the lines of unenforceable, I suppose. Do you really advocate punishing someone who's ship stops firing? It's frustrating, but probably just a fact of ship-life.

Going afk is against the rules actually.

Had the person that went afk actually quit the game, he gets "punished" in a sense that he would be pink or building up to it. But this guy just went afk as his guns are still turned.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/docs/official-rules/

Edited by DeathLord1969

[PVE]
Members
6,169 posts
22,432 battles
2 hours ago, DieBesten121 said:

So I've noticed lately an increase in mid game quitters that stop playing because the game isn't going their way in the beginning.

In this example, this guy was upset in the first 5 minutes of the game because no one capped the point he was at so he decided to go watch TV instead. Fortunately we ended up winning without him so I wonder how he felt after seeing the end game report...

Anyways, I don't think this childish behavior is appropriate or fair to the team as it could immediately cost you the game being one ship out. And I think some disciplinary action should be enforced for this behavior. I'm aware of the automated system in place but it seems like that gives them a get out of jail free card every once in a while. Which I can see if there's technical difficulties causing someone to AFK, but if there's malicious intent behind it such as the person actually telling the team they're doing so on purpose to be spiteful there shouldn't be a warning.

Is there anything we as players can do to stop this?

CaptureEdited.png

Capture2Edited.png

Capture4Edited.png

You have the screen shot...why even come to the forums w/it?

Send it in to support...if they deem it worthy of being against the rules they will take care of it.

Nothing anybody on the forums can do about it for you.

[STURM]
Members
708 posts
5,744 battles

Anyways, @DieBesten121, I do recommend sending this replay with the screenshots into support, and at least blanking out the name in this thread. Naming and shaming is against the rules, and as has been said, nobody here has the power to punish this guy like support can. It's not worth getting a forum violation.

[STURM]
Members
7 posts
8,266 battles

@theLaalaa  Not playing is not a play style, don't be [edited]. Nothing tactical about joining a match and then leaving because it isn't going your way.

As far as this goes, send it into support. Hopefully they start issuing 14 day bans for this type of nonsense.